"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Think Inverness fans will enjoy watching Davidson. Like what’s been mentioned earlier, he can play right back and central midfield. He’s a good size, he’s deceptively quick, loads of energy and can contribute with a couple goals and assists along the way. He’s got a bit of fearlessness about him when running with the ball(like the goal he scored against you 1st day of the season). 

If you ask the fans, I’d imagine most including myself would have a place for Davidson this season but for one reason or another, the management team were never totally convinced. We tried to replace him with 5/6 different right backs and fortunately for Davidson, most were absolutely god awful which meant he got a fair share of minutes. Marcel Oakley joined late January and from then on, Davidson was never really seen in the starting eleven again bar 2 or 3 games in midfield which he again looked decent in

Ultimately he’s a young guy which means he does have some flaws defensively that will need ironed out if he’s to make a lasting impact at Inverness. Despite scoring a terrific opening day goal against Inverness, he was equally at fault for Inverness’s equaliser with a woeful attempted clearance. His defensive weaknesses never seemed to convince Coyle looking from the outside. 

All the best to him, he’s 100% a decent championship player with loads of room to grow. I was ultimately disappointed but not surprised to see him released. Hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us throughout next season 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yer right there, I took in an Argyle game some years back and it was murder to watch.

That bombed Church though is something else.

The worst game that I could definitely describe as murder to watch was around 1999 ish when I was living in that London, I helped a mate with some Uni work (survey type thing) at Craven Cottage as part of his course.  We got access to the game after...
FFS - what did I do to deserve that?!

Fulham v Lincoln City, 2nd division or now League One (third tier), finished 1-0 to Fulham, Keegan was Fulham manager, it wasn't long after the Harrods bloke had bought them over.  It's being polite to call it a dirge.  One of the dullest experiences of my life and I watched some Charlie Christie press conferences.

Think we're looking fairly strong so far. A couple of wingers now, with Walsh and Sutherland of the books, should have more room to bring in quality attack minded players than last season. Get that right, and we should be in contention for promotion. 

We now have three options at right back - Duffy, Carson and Davidson.

I am making the assumption that Carson is going to move back into a midfield role, which suggests that Allardice is probably leaving.  

Provisional line up on currently signed players could be (assuming BIlly Mckay does have an automatically triggered extra year).

---------------Ridgers-------------

--Duffy----Devine----Delaney---Harper--

-----------Welsh------Carson----------

------Doran------MacGregor----Shaw----

-----------------Mckay-------------------

Still strengthening needed.

Edited by ICTChris

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We now have three options at right back - Duffy, Carson and Davidson.

I am making the assumption that Carson is going to move back into a midfield role, which suggests that Allardice is probably leaving.  

Provisional line up on currently signed players could be (assuming BIlly Mckay does have an automatically triggered extra year).

---------------Ridgers-------------

--Duffy----Devine----Delaney---Harper--

-----------Welsh------Carson----------

------Doran------MacGregor----Shaw----

-----------------Mckay-------------------

Still strengthening needed

Agreed, two right backs indicates arrivederci Allardice and if that's the case he goes with goodwill from me.

The season stats bear testament to his game changing influence and whatever the midfield looks like in his absence, it'll have a provenance.

4 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Striking options need looked at. Mckay is remarkably resilient for a forward of his age, but can't last forever.

Thing is though that of the 16 signed there's not many goals between them, Billy knows that plus getting a striker would be costly and there's not many out and out strikers looking for championship clubs, so the ball is in Billys court for more money.

Other than that the english lower leagues could be scoured and a chance taken on an unknown forward with relocation costs.

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

P&J says we’re after Marley Watkins. Have the club won the fucking Euromillions?

He would be around the £3000 pw mark at the Dandies.

I see his 2 year contact is up in August.

Crackin player for us in his heyday.

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

He would be around the £3000 pw mark at the Dandies.

I see his 2 year contact is up in August.

Crackin player for us in his heyday.

Aberdeen have already confirmed he will be getting released but not a chance we are going to be affording whatever wages he is wanting.

Just now, RiG said:

Fans will like the ambition shown by (allegedly) going after him. Can't see how we'd pull it off though. 

It highlights two areas, showing Billy Mackay that the club has striker options and a hook for ST sales.

Would he come for a third of his Dandies wages at £1000 pw?? at 32 I'm sure he has better options with the likes of RC and Livi.

His agent will be busy.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Fans will like the ambition shown by (allegedly) going after him. Can't see how we'd pull it off though. 

I really don’t think it’s that unlikely. He’s 33 this year, scored 6 goals in 3 seasons at Aberdeen and only managed another 3 since 2017 - that’s not great. He’s injury prone and only played 325 minutes last season, 90 on the final day - again not great.

I suspect Watkins has made his money and would be looking to play regularly. That said, he’s one bad move away from being a total has been, the boys on the brink now.

Edited by NorthStand10

It's a no brainer for the guy. Plays at a higher level, stays local and gets a chunky pay rise into the bargain. It sucks but that's how things are for as long as we're stuck below County. 

18 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I really don’t think it’s that unlikely. He’s 33 this year, scored 6 goals in 3 seasons at Aberdeen and only managed another 3 since 2017 - that’s not great. He’s injury prone and only played 325 minutes last season, 90 on the final day - again not great.

I suspect Watkins has made his money and would be looking to play regularly. That said, he’s one bad move away from being a total has been, the boys on the brink now.

Watkins was available and injury free for every Aberdeen match last season, wasn’t picked often by Goodwin, seemed to be a favourite coming off the bench for Robson though.