"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Especially as we’re trying to sign Kyle Lafferty.

This makes no fucking sense to me. If we are trying to sign him he will want a hell of a wage and we are refusing to give Mckay, what in all likelihood, is an extra few hundred quid.

I’d pick Mckay everyday of the week, no matter what the figures are.

Just now, PB1994 said:

This makes no fucking sense to me. If we are trying to sign him he will want a hell of a wage and we are refusing to give Mckay, what in all likelihood, is an extra few hundred quid.

Same here. Apparently both our beloved CEO and manager want the deal done.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Will Lafferty want a huge wage? He’s burnt every single bridge he has so surely he’s just desperate to get signed somewhere. 

A complete liability of a guy. 

I’d think he’d still be after a fair chunk of money. Certainly more than what Mckay would be on.

Taking the money out of it id still pick Mckay every time. He’s as near as you can get to guaranteed goals at this level and he won’t cause you any problems off the field either. Seems like a completely mental deal to try and do.

Mckay for Lafferty is an absolutely wild decision. He may be getting on, but he'll run himself into the ground for your team. Lafferty may elbow a few keepers in the face.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

You're forgetting that the club is being run by three mice, hence the absolute disarray and shambles.

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Mckay for Lafferty is an absolutely wild decision. He may be getting on, but he'll run himself into the ground for your team. Lafferty may elbow a few keepers in the face.

Aside from his goals his hold up play remains superb and his movement off the ball is excellent. He also remains exceptionally fit for someone of his age which was critical given our injury issues at times last season. To be dicking about over an extra year for the guy is laughable.

I suspect Lafferty would still be a very good player at this level, a lot of our fans had similar misgivings about him when we signed him but his goalscoring record was ludicrous, and the second time around he was instrumental in us winning this league. I would actually say that for the first two spells he seemed to have calmed down a lot off the park and I don't think anyone would have had a bad word to say about him..

The ban was a bit unfortunate in that he was caught out by a couple of dafties who were out to provoke him (and did so successfully), not that it's an excuse for the language he used. However, something else must have gone down subsequently for the club to bin him, and that would be the worry for any club deciding to sign him.

On pure talent, he's clearly better than Mckay which is why he has 89 caps and 20 goals compared to Mckay's 11 caps and 0 goals for the same country, despite being a similar age. However, I'd imagine Mckay is the better bet for Inverness, especially after the season he's just had.

Edited by craigkillie

Ridgers

Davidson Duffy Devine Harper

Carson Welsh Shaw

MacGregor

Mckay Lafferty

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

County really were silly in letting McKay go , caley really ought to push the boat out to keep him , McKay and Lafferty if they can manage to get/keep both would surely be a very good partnership in the championship

also what is Jay Henderson like not seen much of him

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

County really were silly in letting McKay go , caley really ought to push the boat out to keep him , McKay and Lafferty if they can manage to get/keep both would surely be a very good partnership in the championship

also what is Jay Henderson like not seen much of him

Henderson is very similar to Allardice. Class player until recently, when it became apparent he is a w**k. 

Poor man’s Nathan Shaw