"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Just now, starryfish said:

Watkins was available and injury free for every Aberdeen match last season, wasn’t picked often by Goodwin, seemed to be a favourite coming off the bench for Robson though. 

I know, my injury comment was based on his injury record the two seasons before last where he missed large spells, not last season.

On 16/06/2023 at 21:43, sophia said:

Agreed, two right backs indicates arrivederci Allardice and if that's the case he goes with goodwill from me.

The season stats bear testament to his game changing influence and whatever the midfield looks like in his absence, it'll have a provenance.

Injury prone liability

34 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Could Allardice be counted as injury prone?

He missed more than half a season 2021/22 and missed 3 months last season?

I was thinking that earlier, he is undoubtedly a good player at this level. But 2 lengthy spells on the sidelines in 2 seasons isn’t a great track record. Hopefully just a coincidence rather than being inury prone. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I was thinking that earlier, he is undoubtedly a good player at this level. But 2 lengthy spells on the sidelines in 2 seasons isn’t a great track record. Hopefully just a coincidence rather than being inury prone. 

IIRC the P&J said he suffered a couple of long term knee injuries at Dundee United as a youngster. Injury prone has been imo.

I sense sour grapes re Allardyce but that's to be expected, I'm sure RC will have taken injuries into account, Roy and Malky are no mugs.

I wish the lad all the best and he will do well for his new club.

Now what's happening with Samuels, Shaw and Mackay?

Just now, TheScarf said:

Good player but very injury prone.

Is it just me or is it that every good player that Caley lose is injury prone? None as bad as Tom Walsh right enough. I never actually saw him play for Ayr even on the streams. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is it just me or is it that every good player that Caley lose is injury prone? None as bad as Tom Walsh right enough. I never actually saw him play for Ayr even on the streams. 

Robbie Deas wasn’t tbf but most of the time aye, it’s the only reason they were here in the first place. If they weren’t injury prone they would have all been playing in the premiership already.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We tend to sign players in 2 categories; young lads with no family who don’t mind uprooting to Inverness for a couple of years, either from the central belt or England,  and injury prone guys who other sides in the central belt don’t touch with barge poles (Welsh, Walsh, Allardice). Easily top end Championship/lower end Premiership quality, but they spend half the season sat in the stand watching.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think a few players in our squad could be classed as injury prone or they’ve had problems with injuries in the past. Sean Welsh has had periods out in just about every season he’s been with us, Doran’s had some horrific knee injuries in the past. Walsh like you said is made of glass and had only just got back fit after a different injury and done his knee against Partick. L

We also signed King Crock himself, Lewis Toshney. I remember at Alloa away just before the lockdown he went down about 90 seconds into a game 

Our ROI on players in the last few seasons must be the lowest in the whole SPFL. I shudder to think how much wages we’ve spent on the likes of Walsh, Doran, Sutherland etc in the last 18-24 months for virtually zero return. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Think a few players in our squad could be classed as injury prone or they’ve had problems with injuries in the past. Sean Welsh has had periods out in just about every season he’s been with us, Doran’s had some horrific knee injuries in the past. Walsh like you said is made of glass and had only just got back fit after a different injury and done his knee against Partick. L

We also signed King Crock himself, Lewis Toshney. I remember at Alloa away just before the lockdown he went down about 90 seconds into a game 

Christ.  There’s a name.  Lewis Toshney was signed by us in a desperate attempt to have enough players to field a team.  Awful. 

On 05/06/2023 at 08:13, Rcfc fan said:

Wonder which of your players the biggest team in the highlands will be pinching this year, Allardice I’m potentially hearing , enjoy the championship again let’s hope for another top 6 finish eh 😘

ITK 😜

No brainer move for the guy. More money, plays at a higher level and he doesn't have to up sticks and move to some dump like Dundee.

Obviously it's great banter for the County lads to see their side pick up another player from us for free but have any of them done anything of note? Tremarco was just done for banter and barely featured. Donaldson was hilariously out of his depth and Joe Chalmers? Ooooft.

Maybe Allardice will buck the recent trend. He's almost certainly the best player out of the recent movers over the bridge but it'll be interesting to see where he is in a couple of years.