"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 18/06/2023 at 21:38, RiG said:

No brainer move for the guy. More money, plays at a higher level and he doesn't have to up sticks and move to some dump like Dundee.

Obviously it's great banter for the County lads to see their side pick up another player from us for free but have any of them done anything of note? Tremarco was just done for banter and barely featured. Donaldson was hilariously out of his depth and Joe Chalmers? Ooooft.

Maybe Allardice will buck the recent trend. He's almost certainly the best player out of the recent movers over the bridge but it'll be interesting to see where he is in a couple of years. 

You’re definitely right here. It’s always a good laugh signing your players, but you’ve probably been the winner in most cases given half of them have been below a 6/10 every week. In the last 5 years, Billy Mckay was the only ex-Caley that actually made a positive impact and he wasn’t even a direct signing. The rest have been horse. RE Billy Mckay…

15 hours ago, RiG said:

What the hell is going on here!?

… I saw this on twitter yesterday and just read it as a season review post on Instagram rather than him saying he’s leaving? Could be wrong right enough but wouldn’t be getting my knickers twisted over it. 

35 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

… I saw this on twitter yesterday and just read it as a season review post on Instagram rather than him saying he’s leaving? Could be wrong right enough but wouldn’t be getting my knickers twisted over it. 

Aye it does seem to be a end of season reflection post but the timing isn't great :mellow:

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We've signed Charlie Gilmour.  I've never heard of him.

Was with us on loan last season although got injured around mid-December and then was out for the rest of the season sadly. Dundee were supposedly looking at a PCA prior to the injury.

He looked impressive to be fair and I was really hoping he would come back to us but relegation realistically put an end to that hope. Good height for a DCM, very efficient with the ball and distributes it well, keeping it simple. He's strong in the tackle, wins a lot in the air. 

Should be able to compete for his place. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

From Arsenal to Alloa loan deal per the website. Just the kind of career that traditionally gets resurrected at Caley Stadium.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He played a game for Cove at Somerset last season and I thought he looked really good. They used the ball a lot better than us in that game and got a draw out of it and he was the standout in midfield.

Cant speak for his injury troubles though but it wouldn’t be Caley without a few crocks. 

You should probably view him as being 2/3 years younger than he is, i think.

His career has been stunted by lack of game time due to injury, plus clubs constantly trying to change him.

Arsenal tried to turn him more box to box, which happened in his loan spell to Holland, whereas hes attributes seemed a better fit for a deeper more static role to me. He turned up at us with almost no senior experience and also no idea how to play in CM due to conflicting messages.

We didnt help that as, on his rare appearances, he got put in a different role each time (including a bizarre stint at wing back).

Think his Cove/Alloa loans have been more consistent with how to play him so if you continue that you should see him continue to improve. He should be fine for this level based on those loans IMO.

Think the worst of his injuries were to do with his back, hopefully hes learned how to manage them now though as cant remember it being that which has caused problems recently.