"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's just another unprofessional load of crap from the club.  It's pretty obvious what was happening but to batter out a seething statement is just really poor.

Couldn't agree more, absolute workplace ignorance, there are well documented procedures in how to conduct workforce business discretely.

https://ictfc.com/player-update/

Player update 

Mckay has had his contract extended due to a clause in his contract relating to appearances.

We are in discussion with:

Scott Allardice

Danny Devine

Austin Samuels

Ethan Cairns

Robbie Thompson

Harry Hennem

No news about Cammy Mackay or Tom Walsh.

Edited by Jaffa

48 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Player update 

Mckay has had his contract extended due to a clause in his contract relating to appearances.

Scott Allardice

Danny Devine

Austin Samuels

Ethan Cairns

Robbie Thompson

Harry Hennem

Cammy Mackay is under contract 

59 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Player update 

Scott Allardice

Danny Devine

Austin Samuels

Ethan Cairns

Robbie Thompson

Harry Hennem

I might be reading that the wrong way but that reads to me like Mckay hasn’t extended just yet. He’s triggered the extension but it’s in his favour to accept it? 

3 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Still. Club should really have told him this was likely well in advance. 

An employer would be ill-served by doing so and don't you think that Shane would've known such an outcome was more than likely anyway?

The usual tropes have already played out but what I see is another who refuses to recognise when the cruel clock of a footballer's career has ticked too many times. Raven and Tremarco went with similar barbs and no credit came their way as a result of their parting militancy.

For Shane to suddenly become a fitness expert is surprising, very surprising given that the first thing that had to be addressed when he re-signed was his weight and slimming was the start that was necessary before anything else. 

It's such a shame for Shane that this extra year of support from the club didn't give him the necessary time to recover his fitness. I wish him well, even if that includes Elgin.

As much as you can for a rival I respected Sutherland- worked hard, never shirked, was awkward to play against. Feels proper shitey the way he's been handled (though would expect the same pish off County).

7 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

The club have been terrible at handling things like this for far too long. It’s a terrible look and certainly doesn’t help recruiting new players or keeping those who could leave. 

I’d reduce McKays deal in the second year due to his age but not the first, he was great last season but he won’t be great forever.

In the matter of a week they’ve messed up twice.First balls up giving Dodds a two year contract.Then how they’ve handled this whole situation.Absolute shambles tbh 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

As much as you can for a rival I respected Sutherland- worked hard, never shirked, was awkward to play against. Feels proper shitey the way he's been handled (though would expect the same pish off County).

Aye, the first thing that came to mind when I read about this was County's handling of Michael Gardyne leaving. When someone has been at the club a long time, even in 2 separate spells, they deserve better than an email or text. Talk to them face-to-face, it's the least you can do. "Thanks for what you've done but we're going to go in another direction next season." Reading his Twitter thread, Sutherland doesn't seem that shocked or cut-up about being let go, that's the business. No need to be quite so half-arsed in letting players go though.

What the f**k is going on at what used to be a decent club.

Inverness Caledonian Shambles?

Financially disastrous Concerts.

Cup start in 5 weeks and a bunch of players not signed.

No indication of new players coming in.

Part time Highland League clubs are run better.

Football is nothing without fans.

I’m annoyed we’ve given Doran a new contract. I appreciate it’s cost effective but from a footballing point of view surely it makes no sense? He’s caused opposition defences almost no threat for years and the stats back that up, he’s so ineffective solely due to his lack of mobility and pace. Sad, but he’s well past it for me.

14 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’m annoyed we’ve given Doran a new contract. I appreciate it’s cost effective but from a footballing point of view surely it makes no sense? He’s caused opposition defences almost no threat for years and the stats back that up, he’s so ineffective solely due to his lack of mobility and pace. Sad, but he’s well past it for me.

It depends on what sort of deal he is on, if he now on relative peanuts then I don’t really have a problem with it as while he doesn’t contribute much he is still fine to come off the bench rather than paying more to an unknown who could be worse. If he is still on good money, which he was before, he should never be given the contract. Get rid of him and give some of his wages to Mckay (old and getting past it but still a massive part of the team) and then get some other jobber in to sit on the bench most of the season.

5 hours ago, PB1994 said:

It depends on what sort of deal he is on, if he now on relative peanuts then I don’t really have a problem with it as while he doesn’t contribute much he is still fine to come off the bench rather than paying more to an unknown who could be worse. If he is still on good money, which he was before, he should never be given the contract. Get rid of him and give some of his wages to Mckay (old and getting past it but still a massive part of the team) and then get some other jobber in to sit on the bench most of the season.

I would have thought purely on the playing side he would have been released since he was drifting rurther away from being a first choice start. Makes me think they kept him on for another reason, coaching maybe?

That statement just keep going and going, and then, just when you thought that the lack of self awareness was complete, it went on some more. 

Do people running football clubs never have any media training? 

Just now, SpoonTon said:

That statement just keep going and going, and then, just when you thought that the lack of self awareness was complete, it went on some more. 

Do people running football clubs never have any media training? 

Scot Gardiner makes sure to only employ the best open all mic pundits, he’s very good in that department.

I mentioned on here late last year that I had spoken with Shane and he indicated  a return around February this year, a couple of times since then after Feb I asked what was happening with him and got no reply, so it is obvious that there were problems affecting his return which you would expect that the club was fully aware of the problems and suggests that the club did not act.

Scot Gardiner - Tottenham Hotspur - Glasgow Rangers - Hearts - Dundee  and now with a Provincial Championship team.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I mentioned on here late last year that I had spoken with Shane and he indicated  a return around February this year, a couple of times since then after Feb I asked what was happening with him and got no reply, so it is obvious that there were problems affecting his return which you would expect that the club was fully aware of the problems and suggests that the club did not act.

Scot Gardiner - Tottenham Hotspur - Glasgow Rangers - Hearts - Dundee  and now with a Provincial Championship team.

Big Shane patched Sandy 😭