"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Sadly, truth be told I have never known such low confidence in the club as that shown across both forums, in the past there was always an air of optimism even after the harshest defeat, the 2019 threat of administration and he difficulties of playing at Aberdeen we always had a belief about the club.

Now instead of optimism there is despair as to our future, the Chief Mouse issues a glowing statement, just as Nero did as Rome burned, outlining how great and hugely successful season we've just had, sad really.

And the concert fiasco where local businesses are still owed money, hopefully the SC income helped them out otherwise sponsorship and advertising hoardings will suffer along with that income.

A mess.

6 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I’m sure I saw someone saying us being the the freeport means our staff could pay less national insurance, thus increasing the wages we could offer? Not a clue how factual that information is.

Yeah I think it was a fan of another club that said that, would be interesting to find out how much we’d actually benefit from it.

18 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Yeah I think it was a fan of another club that said that, would be interesting to find out how much we’d actually benefit from it.

What you're suggesting is that the employer would be on reduced NI contributions for the employee so that they could increase wages to the employee, reduced Employer NI contributions would have a serious knock on effect for the employee in the long term and an idea which his agent would not accept.

Being self employed on a consultancy basis I could only pay Class 2 NI contributions which I maintained dutifully never missing payments, this is area which a player could explore which also gives some tax flexibility.

I remember last summer I was up at the Brora friendly and some gimp who wasn't there was arguing with me on Twitter that ex-Hearts defender Perry Kitchen was on the bench.  He was adamant he was despite me telling him several times throughout the game that I was at the game and he definitely wasn't.

21 minutes ago, RiG said:

I wonder who that was :lol:

I can't even remember.  It was one of 3 The Caley fans who, under every tweet the club post, reply with  'announce signings' or 'announce new home kit'.

18 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I hope the #Staunch striker you’re referring to isn’t a former Kilmarnock and Rangers striker? 

You would be correct.

On 22/06/2023 at 14:23, scottbamby said:

I’m sure I saw someone saying us being the the freeport means our staff could pay less national insurance, thus increasing the wages we could offer? Not a clue how factual that information is.

Only if you train at the stadium or within the freeport footprint. Employees would have to be new, which suits football clubs and also working 60% of the time in the Freeport.

Every new employee for the first 36 months of their contract from Apr 2022 to Apr 2026 so unless it's not that far progressed in Scotland you should have already taken advantage of these rules. Surely the club have told the fans how they are going to take advantage of it otherwise what's the point.

You should also look to rebuild the away stand, would be so much cheaper in the Freeport and can't say anyone other than the Tories are particularly enthused by the idea of them so they might not last long.