"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

25 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbh it’s probably quite easy to be negative about the club at the minute, cup final aside, we’ve just had our lowest league finish in god knows how many years. We’re dicking about our top scorer and best player from last season because he wants an extra year on his deal. It’s July tomorrow and there’s no signs of any new kits. We’ve had no update on when the players are/came back for preseason. 

The club have been pretty silent since the last contract update (barring the announcements of the new signings and updated contracts). Robbie Deas got his own statement on the club website to say he was leaving, the club haven’t even acknowledged Allardice has left yet (might be because he signed for County but even a simple tweet to say he’s offski). All we’ve had from the club lately is a daily scheduled post about season tickets. You’ve also got the Sutherland situ (depending on who you believe). 

Don’t get me wrong I agree that people on twitter can be overly negative but I think there’s some very valid reasons to be a bit down on the club at the minute. 

Agree with this.

The Henderson stuff is just weird though. It would have been great to get him back but 1) we could never afford the development fee and 2) as soon as a premiership club was in for him we were never going to be a choice.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Agree with this.

The Henderson stuff is just weird though. It would have been great to get him back but 1) we could never afford the development fee and 2) as soon as a premiership club was in for him we were never going to be a choice.

He was never actually “our” player either which makes the reaction all the more baffling. He had played well in multiple televised games so was always going to be offski imo. There’s many reasons to be annoyed at the club right now but Henderson signing for them isn’t one. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Can't disagree with any of that. The rambling update on "Look how good we are" was very odd and we're in a bizarre position where someone like Tom Walsh is out of contract and apparently serving ice cream at an Ayrshire fun fair but we have no idea if he is staying or going because the club seem to have forgotten he exists

Unfortunately it's the same old us and them as far as the club management are concerned, where we the fans are 'them' and not to be encouraged or involved in any way as 'us' know better.

Sad really when you think how we once were before we skidded onto this slippery slope.

Rig mentions the club has forgotten a player exists, I can see a future where the fans will forget the club exists.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbh it’s probably quite easy to be negative about the club at the minute, cup final aside, we’ve just had our lowest league finish in god knows how many years. We’re dicking about our top scorer and best player from last season because he wants an extra year on his deal. It’s July tomorrow and there’s no signs of any new kits. We’ve had no update on when the players are/came back for preseason. 

The club have been pretty silent since the last contract update (barring the announcements of the new signings and updated contracts). Robbie Deas got his own statement on the club website to say he was leaving, the club haven’t even acknowledged Allardice has left yet (might be because he signed for County but even a simple tweet to say he’s offski). All we’ve had from the club lately is a daily scheduled post about season tickets. You’ve also got the Sutherland situ (depending on who you believe). 

Don’t get me wrong I agree that people on twitter can be overly negative but I think there’s some very valid reasons to be a bit down on the club at the minute. 

What has surprised me over the last months is the amount of frustration and disquiet regarding the club coming through on CTO posts.

This forum and this thread has always had posts of a critical nature on the club when it was felt required but CTO always seemed the more staid and supportive of the club, however as I said things have changed.

I was having a look at the squad page on the official website and Deas, Allardice, Henderson, Surherland etc have all been removed. Interestingly, Tom Walsh still remains on the page, wonder if he’s been offered something and we’ve just not been told. 

https://ictfc.com/team/inverness-caledonian-thistle/

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I seriously hope this is one big wind up, but I can see it being true 

I’ve got a couple of sources who are correct 95% of the time. Same one who told me about Lafferty told me we were signing Billy McKay and Kirk Broadfoot in 2021 weeks before we did.

Lafferty was a better player than Billy McKay until recently. I am certainly not saying he’ll do better for us and he’s clearly not a better person, but he was better. Can’t see this happening.

11 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Lafferty feels very similar to Broadfoot and Gardyne signings a couple of years ago. Could go either way!

Does Lafferty signing signal the end for Billy McKay or is there a chance you'll have both. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Does Lafferty signing signal the end for Billy McKay or is there a chance you'll have both. 

Don’t have a bloody clue to be honest. We need more attacking players, ie wingers, but you could go a 4-3-3 with Lafferty and Samuels outside Mckay. I’m sure Lafferty used to play on the wing a bit so maybe that is an option but at the same time if we are actually signing him I’d imagine he wants to play up front so it could quite easily be the end of Mckay, which would be a fucking shambles. I love that man.

1 minute ago, scottbamby said:

Dodds likes 2 up front, reckon it would be Lafferty and Mckay.

In terms of ability, it’s a great signing. Unfortunately, he is also a massive fudd

Is it though?

Don’t get me wrong he was a very good player and he is the reason why Killie won the league but he’s done f**k all for the last year. He could be finished. It’s a risk though one I would take if we kept Mckay as well.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Does more than signal end of McKay would imagine it will signal end of club being FT. You are offering derisory terms and a short deal to player who is legend on both sides of bridge only to sign Lafferty on a wage of at least 10x more. If you sign him then players are going to feel heavily undervalued.