2 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Not sure Stubbs is necessarily the answer, especially without his background team (who I think had more to do with the success last time round than we realised given how things have gone for him since without them) but he couldn't be much worse than the current incumbent.

Thing is Stubbs could come in now and we don't have dear old Eddie May fumbling about for 6 weeks again.  I'm not saying give him a perm deal, I'm saying give him the job on trial basis. Don't see how that could be anything but an improvement.  

People said that last time. Repeatedly. Until we did get relegated. This has the same feel about it. Luckily at the moment we have got the whole rest of the reason to sort things. If we get rid of him now and give the new man plenty time to asses the squad before the January transfer window then I'm sure we'll be alright. The longer we leave it the riskier it gets.
Not sure Stubbs is necessarily the answer, especially without his background team (who I think had more to do with the success last time round than we realised given how things have gone for him since without them) but he couldn't be much worse than the current incumbent.

That 2014 team were absolute dirt, can’t remember one redeeming feature of that side. At least you have players like Allan, kamberi, mallan etc now who will win you enough games.

I can’t see hibs being anywhere near relegated. Or hearts.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're not getting relegated FFS

I don’t see why not. A terrible Hearts team have just beaten us at our ground and we’ve been getting pumped all over the place before that. Our one league win could’ve quite easily been a comfortable St Mirren win at ER.

We don’t have the worst bunch of individual players in the league but there is no one I’d be confident of beating at the moment. 

These players also have about 10 relegations from the last few seasons on their CVs. Real winners.

55 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Still can't believe he's not been sacked yet. The board must be happy with him. 

The Board? Ha! You say that like it’s a collective decision. It’s Ron’s decision. And as far as he will be concerned, Hibernians are still the 11th best soccerball franchise in Scotland. So, no problem.

I think there's a real chance we could go down. The top 6 sides will beat us and the bottom 6 dross like Hearts will out fight us.

It would actually be an incredibly Hibs thing to do, to get taken over by a mega rich owner then get relegated.

And I don't want Stubbs back. (The real one, not the poster on here, who's a good lad)

Take that Scottish Cup away and his record is fucking dreadful. If he'd won the cup with someone else with his record, you wouldn't want him anywhere near ER.

Aye I’m being facetious about Stubbs. He’d either produce some remarkable turnaround or take us straight down. More likely the latter.

He’d be my prediction for who will actually get it though. Good managers who might normally consider us (someone like Robinson) probably won’t fancy taking on this mess. Stubbs has nothing to lose.

48 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think there's a real chance we could go down. The top 6 sides will beat us and the bottom 6 dross like Hearts will out fight us.

It would actually be an incredibly Hibs thing to do, to get taken over by a mega rich owner then get relegated.

Being realistic, you should be too good to go down. You've got decent defenders and , despite the current goal difference, I don't think you will ship enough goals to go down. But...if you are in a dogfight Allan and Mallan could become invisible. And you are only an injury or two to Horgan or Kamberi or Boyle (again) to be absolutely toothless up front. Add all that to a  poor manager and you are left praying that St Mirren or Accies are keech.

Only scary part is we had more points at this stage the season we got relegated and the same amount of points when we finished 11th (the 5-1 season), thankfully this was before the SPFL and relegation playoffs were a thing.

Whilst I remain confident we will not be relegated.. unless we have a massive shift in form soon (Hecky or no Hecky) it could be too little too late before we know it

7 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

And I don't want Stubbs back. (The real one, not the poster on here, who's a good lad)

Take that Scottish Cup away and his record is fucking dreadful. If he'd won the cup with someone else with his record, you wouldn't want him anywhere near ER.

WTF!  In his first season he finished above Sevco and in the second season got to two cup finals, winning one, then done in the play off by a notorious anti Hibs ref.  Stubbs is why there was 20k at the game yesterday, no Stubbs bringing in SDG, SJM, Stokes, no fucking cup, and lucky if 14k show up at ER for the derby.

eyes.gif

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

WTF!  In his first season he finished above Sevco and in the second season got to two cup finals, winning one, then done in the play off by a notorious anti Hibs ref.  Stubbs is why there was 20k at the game yesterday, no Stubbs bringing in SDG, SJM, Stokes, no fucking cup, and lucky if 14k show up at ER for the derby.

13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Being realistic, you should be too good to go down. You've got decent defenders and , despite the current goal difference, I don't think you will ship enough goals to go down. But...if you are in a dogfight Allan and Mallan could become invisible. And you are only an injury or two to Horgan or Kamberi or Boyle (again) to be absolutely toothless up front. Add all that to a  poor manager and you are left praying that St Mirren or Accies are keech.

We are complete dugshite - re the bit in bold, afraid not - and being behind that midfield means we will ship goals. Look at Sunday, ok your first was a stramash, but good defending would have got rid before Uche got his toe to it.

The second was a combo of Vela and Porteous standing off - the second was always on the cards.

Heckinbotham didnt react AT ALL when Levein made those rather obvious tactical changes and we persisted in one up front until 6 minutes to go. The mans a fud.

13 hours ago, Empty It said:

Although this meltdown is brilliant to see, hibs will not get relegated.

As evidenced on Sunday, when we scored a wonder goal but actually created next to nothing, we cant hold on to a lead, and if we go behind its game set and match.

Without being disrespectful, Hearts are quite a poor team at the moment, but you at least have a bit of dig in areas of the team. We dont have that, and as @Pet Jeden mentions above - if we get into a dogfight with the likes of Hamilton etc we are simply not equipped for that (although, tbf I am not sure exactly what we are equipped for).

Someone said yesterday that Hibs are 100-1 to be relegated. If you lost money on your Thomas Cook holiday, then theres an easy way to recoup it.......................................

14 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Good managers who might normally consider us (someone like Robinson) probably won’t fancy taking on this mess. 

I always find it interesting how recent form seems to count for everything in Scottish football. Robinson has two full seasons in Scottish football, taking a Motherwell side to 7th then 8th. I'd argue that's nothing more than holding their level, and 12 months ago their fans were calling for his head.

Now you've got Hearts and Hibs fans crawling over themselves to hire him.