Hibernian FC today announced that Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom and his Assistant Coach, Robbie Stockdale, have been relieved of their duties at the club.

Head of Player Development Eddie May will take charge of the team on an interim basis - supported by Assistant Coach Grant Murray and Steven Whittaker.

Supporters can expect further comment from the club in the coming days.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The cup semi was on Saturday. The boss would likely have been in town to watch it. As good a time as any for him to start firing folks or doing other highfaluting management stuff...

Aye, but not sacking him after the previous awful results then giving him the semi is what I don't understand.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye, but not sacking him after the previous awful results then giving him the semi is what I don't understand.

He's been on a run of 10 league games without a win. It's far from ideal, but results have a fairly high variance in fitba. If you were to pick a mid-table team and you picked just 7 consecutive games from their history entirely at random, there'd be roughly a 10% probability that not winning one game in that seven was purely down to chance, rather than the team being worse than expected. How trigger happy should a team owner be, exactly?

And as I say, the manager was likely in town for the semi, so that would be the time to get the sacking done.

Dunno, feel like they weren't desperate to get rid of him. If he'd pulled a rabbit out of his arse and we'd won Saturday then they might have thought it would be a turning point. You could just about see the fans changing their tune if he'd went on to win a cup next month.

We played exactly as expected instead. Conceded 11 in two visits to Glasgow this season, the place where you have to be able to get results to win anything...

19 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Heard Funso Ojo is rumoured to be your new manager and is on his way to Easter Road as we speak....

I heard Funso Ojo was a football player for Aberdeen, but I can only assume that info was from the same fuds that said "The Dons are definitely building a new stadium"...............................

6 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Felt a bit sorry for Hecky at the end but Dempster owns this and the Lennon debacle. 

She needs punted too - my only disappointment today is that we didnt see Ron wielding a double headed axe on her as well as that shite management team.

Kettlewell is the latest rumour I'm hearing.

It was never going to work out for Heckingbottom if he insisted on utter jobbers from England.  Another loser coming up here and totally misjudging the quality of Scottish football.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Any manager (and bunch of fans) who thinks that 'Scott Allan' is the answer, has obviously misunderstood the question.

Looking forward to see who the next occupant of the Easter Road banter seat is going to be.  He'll get a cute wee nickname.....'Hecky', 'Stubbsy', 'Sauzee'ey', 'popcorn teeth'.....for 6 months, before his hopeless record turns him into a useless khunt.

It's gonna be emotional.