40 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10650

Revenue halved they reckon. Redundancies to come I'd imagine.

To be expected, it’s a shame that so many non playing staff will likely lose their jobs. I’d imagine we’ll scrap the youth team for next season as there’s chat that Nish, Murray and Makel are leaving along with Combe. 

To be expected, it’s a shame that so many non playing staff will likely lose their jobs. I’d imagine we’ll scrap the youth team for next season as there’s chat that Nish, Murray and Makel are leaving along with Combe. 
Aye, keep the young players under contract, but there will be no league for them to play in.

There's a certain irony in all this noise about the relegated teams, when a lot of the clubs (Hibs overtly at the moment) are acting as if they had been relegated themselves. Cutting wages, laying off staff who aren't essential for the first team, and selling players who can raise a fee. Although TBF most/all of them would be getting sold anyway, what's different is that they will be doing less to replace them.

No brainer to sell Kamberi, especially in the circumstances. No way I'd be accepting £150k though.

Scottish football is going to be even more of a cheap market for English clubs than usual this year. Much as I'd happily let Kamberi be launched into the sun, it wouldn't serve us well to be giving players away when there could be interest in the likes of Boyle and Porteous.

41 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

We paid f**k all for him so get him to f**k...

And he has scored about 4 goals in 12 months.

Always said he needed the odd chair launched at him to help motivate him.......

£150k and a sellon works

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

We paid f**k all for him so get him to f**k...

Surprised that we haven't made a move for him if hibs are after £150k, domestically he gave us something we lacked upfront. Out his depth in Europe tho....

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surprised that we haven't made a move for him if hibs are after £150k, domestically he gave us something we lacked upfront. Out his depth in Europe tho....

Because we need cash, not provi cheques

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Yep, I thought hed be an ideal buy for sevco. Cheap and decent domestic back up, and a badge kisser.  Few of the lads here said he didn't impress, what's the word on that?

Edit.. plus instalments, sevcos favourite 

Edited by Bohemian

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Because we need cash, not provi cheques

Things that bad?

I was expecting around £500k plus for Kamberi,  I hope you guys pull through. 

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Yep, I thought hed be an ideal buy for sevco. Cheap and decent domestic back up, and a badge kisser.  Few of the lads here said he didn't impress, what's the word on that?

I thought his presence made a difference in a few games (especially St J) but our defenders couldn't do the basics and imo he was scapegoated a bit. He's never going to be a first team pick but he's a handy backup. 

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Things that bad?

I was expecting around £500k plus for Kamberi,  I hope you guys pull through. 

I thought his presence made a difference in a few games (especially St J) but our defenders couldn't do the basics and imo he was scapegoated a bit. He's never going to be a first team pick but he's a handy backup. 

Was that the 2-2? I thought he changed the game for you when he came on.  

Cutting wages means we probably can't sign anybody, not a good sign tbh. I'd only sell Kamberi in the last day of the window when these clubs will be more likely to pay his worth.  Boyle going will be a bigger loss.  Hopefully Ross can cover these departures better than we have in the past via guys like Collins and Yogi signing mince.