I may be miles off with this but would it not be prudent to give the gig to David Gray on a permanent basis?

Whenever he steps in Hibs seem to stabilise, they don't certainly appear to get any worse and he is a living legend down Easter Road way.

Maybe with a decent DoF to help him along.

As I said I could be miles off with this but ..................................

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

we need to get a proper Director of Football type in before we start making more big decisions about the club

Thats what Ron G is meant to be signing off on just now, including a big change in the recruitment area.

While they are supposedly not binning LJ immediately, I cant see how he survives when he gets a boss that actually knows football............and I suspect he knows it which is why his toys are oot the pram.

Keep the faith

I was Ross out, hated his demeanour, style of football and to me he was just never a Hibs manager, he’s shown his abilities since leaving.

I honestly would have let Maloney have a proper go at it, the signs were hardly encouraging however our two best players this season were Maloneys signings (Marshall & Rocky), he was trying completely overhaul the playing style and trying to do that mid season was an uphill battle.

He might well have failed but he did deserve a chance which he wasn’t given, rather give someone like him a chance with the likelihood of striking gold a la Mowbray than be bored to tears by Jack “the best version of ourselves” Ross.

With Johnson where I’m at is that there’s no point sacking him now going into a window and letting Ian Gordon doing our transfer window, not convinced he’s the man but sacking him will change nothing while we have Ben Kensell & The Gordon’s at the club.

There is no point in buying new tyres when you’ve a broken engine.

What if the “new structure” is just as bad as the current one? 

It will be Steve Kean in one of the positions, I suspect. Either manager or DoF.

Lennon would be a car crash… can’t decide if I would want him there or not. On the one hand he would be great banter from a rival’s point of view. On the other hand he is just absolutely toxic, and his need to blame everyone but himself for everything, drags Scottish football back in to places it could do with leaving behind.

No sympathy from me though.

Its a good laugh, isn’t it?

B23FB895-86CF-4042-92E7-2BCD76C72281.jpeg

15 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I'd bring back Sugar Shaun Maloney. He's a top manager in the making and would have learned from last time. Get big Steve Kean in as his assistant and the sky could be the limit for this team.

I am not sure that a front line role is the right thing for either of those guys, I cant see Maloney back and Steve Kean hasnt done well in that "front man" role in his managerial jobs.

What he has done is a great job with our Academy. He seems focussed on those that can do it (rather than getting excited about players that didnt have the physicality to make it, like we used to).

His biggest achievement so far is getting our youth team to the business end of the UEFA youth league. We play Dortmund next and (big if) if we win, its the round of 16 (with clubs like Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, Barca etc).

I would have him as our DoF as long as he could have control over recruitment (i.e. not having Ian Gordon involved).

25 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am not sure that a front line role is the right thing for either of those guys, I cant see Maloney back and Steve Kean hasnt done well in that "front man" role in his managerial jobs.

What he has done is a great job with our Academy. He seems focussed on those that can do it (rather than getting excited about players that didnt have the physicality to make it, like we used to).

His biggest achievement so far is getting our youth team to the business end of the UEFA youth league. We play Dortmund next and (big if) if we win, its the round of 16 (with clubs like Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, Barca etc).

I would have him as our DoF as long as he could have control over recruitment (i.e. not having Ian Gordon involved).

The problem has been 3 dreadful transfer windows on the bounce. We are where Hearts were when Levein was on his full acid trip signing shite and expensive flops like Mallory Martin and with a squad of about 60 players.

Ian Gordon needs removed ASAP and Steve Kean to come in as DoF in the interim. The policy of signing "prospects" has not worked out at all and this can be seen in how we are still regularly playing a couple of the sacred cows from the 2016 Cup Final Team, Hanlon especially is way past his sell by date. 

I'm not in the Johnson Out brigade yet. If LJ is allowed to dump 10-15 players and replacing them with 3 or 4 proven quality players he could yet survive. But if we lose at Motherwell on Sunday then the pressure on him may be too much for Ron Gordon who ultimately the responsibility for this chaos lies with. I said after Maloney was jettisoned that for a club like Hibernian not to be in the top 6 was utter failure, given our budget. Ron Gordon got away with that by dumping Tactics Jack and wee Shaun.  If he sacks LJ the spotlight and blame falls squarely on Ron Gordon.

Edited by AndyM

I'm in the 'get him to f**k' camp. I haven't listened to anything he has had to say in the last month because it's just diatribe. It's very much how I felt it was with Butcher but the snippets I've heard repeated beggar belief. Did he really say that he didn't know Snodgrass's ability until half time on Monday? He can't even use the excuse of not following Scottish football. Every man and his granny know how good a player Snodgrass is and has been. He's a clown.

So he told players individually that they were getting emptied before the Hearts game?.. f**k me, talk about shooting yourself in the foot before running a marathon

I've not even seen us rumoured for a player yet, I'm gonna assume the Ronan interest is dead

14 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

So he told players individually that they were getting emptied before the Hearts game?.. f**k me, talk about shooting yourself in the foot before running a marathon

I've not even seen us rumoured for a player yet, I'm gonna assume the Ronan interest is dead

Aberdeen signing 2 midfielders this evening and Hearts in talks with Kuol. Meanwhile we are doing sweet f**k all. 

39 minutes ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

The 25/1 on offer for us to finish in the bottom 2 looks very attractive. 

What seems mental is that 2 weeks ago it was 20/1, stuck a fiver on at that price after Boyle got injured and it’s somehow been pushed out.

Also got us to finish bottom at 66/1, now seems to have moved out to 80/1.

On 04/01/2023 at 16:04, VincentGuerin said:

Can't say I feel for them in the slightest, but Hibs are an interesting club and have been for quite a long time.

It's startling how many coaches go there and fail. Even guys who have decent records and often who have done well in the league Hibs play in before. They've basically, with the exception of probably five years altogether, been a 'bad' club for most of the twenty-first century. By that I mean a club where people who work there are set up to fail. It's interesting that this has continued even with the changing of ownership and CEO etc.

I'm really interested in the concept of corporate culture/organisational legacy, and Hibs are one that I keep coming back to. Perhaps I put too much credence on Mowbray's Brats going out on the lash and getting themselves in the papers, but bad behaviour and player unrest seems like a recurring theme, and has done for a long time. However, now the phenomenon of it being a managerial graveyard is apparent.

I still remember being worried when Butcher was appointed that he'd do great things. In the end Hibs also got relegated and shredded his reputation....  😂 And the current merry-go-round is a tad unedifying....

14 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I'm really interested in the concept of corporate culture/organisational legacy, and Hibs are one that I keep coming back to. Perhaps I put too much credence on Mowbray's Brats going out on the lash and getting themselves in the papers, but bad behaviour and player unrest seems like a recurring theme, and has done for a long time. However, now the phenomenon of it being a managerial graveyard is apparent.

I still remember being worried when Butcher was appointed that he'd do great things. In the end Hibs also got relegated and shredded his reputation....  😂 And the current merry-go-round is a tad unedifying....

The only unedifying thing is the way some of you hearts fans are all over the Hibs and Aberdeen threads.

You are either 12 or have the usual convenient memory loss if you think you can get away with lecturing the rest of us on poor "corporate culture".