• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Max Johnston. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Greg Docherty would be the one I'd look at, but maybe un-necessary given Campbell's form.

Main thing is simply to test whether any of Myko, Youann, Fish or CJ can be retained in any capacity. Would be doubtful, but should an offer come in for Nisbet and enough cash was generated to fund any of them that'd be my priority. 

If that doesn't work out then I'd be more tempted to inspect that list and indeed the broader market, but reckon it's important to try and retain what's working for us at present. Also need to factor in whether any of the youth team will be staying next season and what positions they might have a chance of competing for.

Anyways its felt like a couple of weeks since any meaningful Hibs action, what with the international break, the cups and two OF fixtures back to back. No bad thing given it's coincided with a couple of players getting back to fitness but I'm getting reasonably excited to enter the business end of the season.

12 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Greg Docherty would be the one I'd look at, but maybe un-necessary given Campbell's form.

Main thing is simply to test whether any of Myko, Youann, Fish or CJ can be retained in any capacity. Would be doubtful, but should an offer come in for Nisbet and enough cash was generated to fund any of them that'd be my priority. 

If that doesn't work out then I'd be more tempted to inspect that list and indeed the broader market, but reckon it's important to try and retain what's working for us at present. Also need to factor in whether any of the youth team will be staying next season and what positions they might have a chance of competing for.

Anyways its felt like a couple of weeks since any meaningful Hibs action, what with the international break, the cups and two OF fixtures back to back. No bad thing given it's coincided with a couple of players getting back to fitness but I'm getting reasonably excited to enter the business end of the season.

Perhaps Doherty would replace Magennis, who can't stay fit?

There's also Hoppe to consider amongst the loanees. 

On 22/03/2023 at 15:42, Crawford Bridge said:

I'd say Doherty yes and Akinyemi would be worth a gamble. 

The likes of Kennedy and Devlin can f**k off. Those are the sort of players that got us nowhere last season. 

You should definitely offer Kennedy a deal.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

You should definitely offer Kennedy a deal.

No thank you.

On a serious note, the article suggesting it is a minter. Hibs and Aberdeen (along with Hearts) are pretty much the same level. Why would Hibs consider a player who's done Brussels sprout at Aberdeen? 

I'm not sure Alex Mitchells Millwall contract ends this Summer, either.

He signed a "long term deal" there in 2021 and they didn't disclose the length.

15 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

No thank you.

On a serious note, the article suggesting it is a minter. Hibs and Aberdeen (along with Hearts) are pretty much the same level. Why would Hibs consider a player who's done Brussels sprout at Aberdeen? 

I don’t disagree but, in fairness, you did just sign Mikey Devlin.

23 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

I don’t disagree but, in fairness, you did just sign Mikey Devlin.

Was that not more to do with him being a sicknote rather than a bad player? 

I don't remember his time at Aberdeen as Hibs were at the seaside at the time. 

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Was that not more to do with him being a sicknote rather than a bad player? 

I don't remember his time at Aberdeen as Hibs were at the seaside at the time. 

He had an excellent first half season when he joined and got called up to the Scotland squad then only managed something like twelve league games the rest of his Aberdeen career. 37 league games across four and a half seasons with us tells its own story.

It’s difficult to tell whether he is a good/bad player now given how little he’s played over the past five seasons.

On 23/03/2023 at 21:24, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure Alex Mitchells Millwall contract ends this Summer, either.

He signed a "long term deal" there in 2021 and they didn't disclose the length.

Tbf, disclosing your length can often lead to disappointment.

Meanwhile, looks like we're going back in for Jonny Williams in the summer. 

11 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Tbf, disclosing your length can often lead to disappointment.

Meanwhile, looks like we're going back in for Jonny Williams in the summer. 

Good stuff, I’ve been watching Sunderland Till I Die and he looks like he’ll fit in well in our treatment room.