35 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Mixu has only ever been an average to poor manager. Unsure what would qualify him for the role of sorting out the entire football department at a club of our size.

He won a title with Cowdenbeath ffs.

Guardiola, Sir Alex and Mourinho haven't got that on their CV.

Felt Lee Johnson spoke well in the interviews, Kensell less so, really hope we’re not stuck with him for long.

Most interesting part though was that Mathie was sacked due to him not getting on with Jack Ross, another stick to beat Jack Ross with for me, although it wasn’t perfect before the recruitment has gone downhill since Mathie left.

Disappointed they didn’t labour the point about player contract mismanagement with Nisbet/Porteous and ask about Laidlaw and co, although it’s reassuring to see Robbie Hamilton has been signed up today and gone out to Stirling on loan, sincerely hope there’s more to follow with Laidlaw and Aiken being the priorities.

6 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

In what way? Specifically to that interview, or more generally?

Both really. Kensall said 'the dream that our owner had of having young footballers...' identifying RON as the guy who wanted to play moneyball despite us attacking Ian Gordon, Kensall and Johnson about it for the last 9 months AND those three being prepared to take the fall for it. The podcast boys missed that completely. 

Then they say something like 'Why are you looking to appoint a DOF and adopt that system when you sacked one 18 months ago?'

The courtroom like intent of the question was clear 'Is it not TRUE Mr. Kensall that you don't know what you're doing!!!'

Kensall answers and says 'I got the job of sacking Mathie but it wasn't my decision'

My answer would have been 'Before you have a little snidey dig, try getting your ****ing facts straight ya ugly ginger ****' 

This may explain why I'm not Hibs CEO. 

One of the boys was hell bent on pinning blame on one person and Kensall was trying to explain how a signing is made and how footballers are identified. The boy wasn't listening. He wanted to know who he could blame for player x being recruited or let go. 

Johnson tried to explain what was happening at HTC when 52 players are there with several knowing on a Monday that they won't be involved on a Saturday and how that effected mood, mindset and culture. The interviewer was far more concerned about why a club of Hibs resources is drawing 2-2 at home to Dundee United, as if it's beneath Hibs, you know that club with the long track record of beating slightly smaller clubs at home. Inflated/entitled fan syndrome.  

And it just went on like that. Two guys trying to explain how things work at the club, as far as they are allowed to disclose and the interviewers focussing on something they thought wasn't good enough without ANY thought given as to why.

It showed that the average fan not only doesn't understand how a club is run on the footballing/commercial side but has little interest in learning either.  

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

You best prepare yourself for yet another "enigmatic" and ultimately disappointing response from oor TT.................

A ****'s response like that deserves one in like manner. **** off!

Or you could reply like @Chefki Kuqibelow. 

5 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I'm not really sure Hibs ever really have to educate their fanbase. It would ultimately be beneficial if we all sang from the same hymn sheet but even with something as simple as football that's never going to happen. What in your view was the knowledge gap displayed?

Largely what I've said in response to the first quoted post Chefki. I don't expect a fans podcast to kiss arse but I do expect them to ask follow up questions to what they're hearing in the spirit of learning something new so that they don't ask the same questions next time. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Both really. Kensall said 'the dream that our owner had of having young footballers...' identifying RON as the guy who wanted to play moneyball despite us attacking Ian Gordon, Kensall and Johnson about it for the last 9 months AND those three being prepared to take the fall for it. The podcast boys missed that completely. 

Then they say something like 'Why are you looking to appoint a DOF and adopt that system when you sacked one 18 months ago?'

The courtroom like intent of the question was clear 'Is it not TRUE Mr. Kensall that you don't know what you're doing!!!'

Kensall answers and says 'I got the job of sacking Mathie but it wasn't my decision'

My answer would have been 'Before you have a little snidey dig, try getting your ****ing facts straight ya ugly ginger ****' 

This may explain why I'm not Hibs CEO. 

One of the boys was hell bent on pinning blame on one person and Kensall was trying to explain how a signing is made and how footballers are identified. The boy wasn't listening. He wanted to know who he could blame for player x being recruited or let go. 

Johnson tried to explain what was happening at HTC when 52 players are there with several knowing on a Monday that they won't be involved on a Saturday and how that effected mood, mindset and culture. The interviewer was far more concerned about why a club of Hibs resources is drawing 2-2 at home to Dundee United, as if it's beneath Hibs, you know that club with the long track record of beating slightly smaller clubs at home. Inflated/entitled fan syndrome.  

And it just went on like that. Two guys trying to explain how things work at the club, as far as they are allowed to disclose and the interviewers focussing on something they thought wasn't good enough without ANY thought given as to why.

It showed that the average fan not only doesn't understand how a club is run on the footballing/commercial side but has little interest in learning either.  

A ****'s response like that deserves one in like manner. **** off!

Or you could reply like @Chefki Kuqibelow. 

Largely what I've said in response to the first quoted post Chefki. I don't expect a fans podcast to kiss arse but I do expect them to ask follow up questions to what they're hearing in the spirit of learning something new so that they don't ask the same questions next time. 

That line regarding Mathie and Ross from Kensell was news to me in fairness, suppose we'll have to take his word for it, unless it's disputed by Ross, Mathie or others of-course. 

I've not listened to the 'Strong Opinions' podcast in full and I probably won't tbh so its unfair of me to say but I do feel that Kensell is rather wordy in his responses, and by that I mean he could convey the same information more concisely without losing the interest of the audience. That said the relative lack of charisma displayed by the hosts of these podcasts is a major stumbling block for me, and if you claim they've not bothered trying to learn from the answers to the questions they've asked then I'll have to take your word for it.

What I've heard from Johnson is largely alright I guess, was never a huge fan of him coming in but the football has been probably the most consistently exciting its been in years - which I say partly as an indictment on what we've been watching beforehand - and I've learned to stop worrying about the levels of David Brent displayed by managers since Tam Courts' relative success last season. 

From what I’ve listened to the Hibs ramble podcast was half decent but I’ve not finished it yet. Felt that Kensell got extremely defensive at times on the strong opinion one because of the way they went about it.

LJ/Kensell certainly hammered home the need for “football nous” at the club several times. 

Couple of interesting bits about Mathie/Ross falling out and Kensell (I think) pinning the blame on Ron Gordon for the horrendous recruitment strategy. It seems the huge amount cash wasted has woken him up to the reality of what is required.

1 hour ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

That line regarding Mathie and Ross from Kensell was news to me in fairness, suppose we'll have to take his word for it, unless it's disputed by Ross, Mathie or others of-course. 

I've not listened to the 'Strong Opinions' podcast in full and I probably won't tbh so its unfair of me to say but I do feel that Kensell is rather wordy in his responses, and by that I mean he could convey the same information more concisely without losing the interest of the audience. That said the relative lack of charisma displayed by the hosts of these podcasts is a major stumbling block for me, and if you claim they've not bothered trying to learn from the answers to the questions they've asked then I'll have to take your word for it.

What I've heard from Johnson is largely alright I guess, was never a huge fan of him coming in but the football has been probably the most consistently exciting its been in years - which I say partly as an indictment on what we've been watching beforehand - and I've learned to stop worrying about the levels of David Brent displayed by managers since Tam Courts' relative success last season. 

I can't say I wanted him to get the job either and I'd add that if our attacking options could ever be available for selection at the same time, you'd have to be a pretty poor manager not to get a tune out of them. We've built a reasonable squad this year in terms of talent, but it's never fit to play. 

44 minutes ago, Zing. said:

From what I’ve listened to the Hibs ramble podcast was half decent but I’ve not finished it yet. Felt that Kensell got extremely defensive at times on the strong opinion one because of the way they went about it.

LJ/Kensell certainly hammered home the need for “football nous” at the club several times. 

Couple of interesting bits about Mathie/Ross falling out and Kensell (I think) pinning the blame on Ron Gordon for the horrendous recruitment strategy. It seems the huge amount cash wasted has woken him up to the reality of what is required.

I remember the Ross/Mathie thing being rumoured at the time due to failing to get McGrath registered in time/failing to sign a CH etc but there was no evidence, until that podcast. 

46 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Oh dear, I didnt reply in a way that suited you................

Embarrassed Duck GIF

and stay down. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

and stay down. 

TT, you have (on several occasions) told other posters on this thread (in various ways) that they are thick, lacking in business sense, lacking in understanding of how football finance works, have clearly never run a business etc etc.

Frankly you are a patronising w**k.

I am pretty sure you will respond to this post in some very important and clever way because its the most important to self important dicks like you to have the last word......

Edited by Leith Green

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

TT, you have (on several occasions) told other posters on this thread (in various ways) that they are thick, lacking in business sense, lacking in understanding of how football finance works, have clearly never run a business etc etc.

I am pretty sure you will respond to this post in some very important and clever way because its the most important to self important dicks like you to have the last word......

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

18 hours ago, Leith Green said:

You'll notice, if your eyes aren't crossed or lazy, that's there's only YOU who can't debate with me. Everyone else can have rational civilised conversations around areas of disagreement. You seem to suffer severe retardation of your fingers and feel the need to have a dig. It's the best you can do.

Every time you choose to do that, I'll retaliate. Every time you and any other toxic ****slap decides to attack our club because 1. They don't understand that which they attack. 2. They've achieved **** ALL in their own careers and 3. They're not getting laid enough; expect a viciously patronising response. Ah'm no carin'

Or, you could finally choose to let your mum retire from breastfeeding, leave the playground and join the grown ups.

When you do, you'll get grown up responses from me.

Ready when you are. 

Meantime, Hibs Ramble podcast is easily the best of the three released so far, conducted in a positive spirit and avoids the issues of the previous two.

4 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Hibs Ramble podcast is easily the best of the three released so far, conducted in a positive spirit and avoids the issues of the previous two.

Shaking Well Done GIF by SWR3

4 hours ago, AndyM said:

Hibs Podcast recommendations lads?  Gonna be sitting on a sodding train to London tomorrow. First Class naturally (Jambos back in cattle class) 

See above, as recommended by my new m9 TT