15 hours ago, gannonball said:

Dominic Solanke cost them nearly 20 million did he not. 

That's unremarkable  in the English Premiership. He'll go for bids starting at minimum 70-80m if they sell him in the summer. A striker in mid table team hitting 20 goals in the Premiership will be in big demand. And if Man United come in they'll end up paying well over the odds.

18 minutes ago, AndyM said:

That's unremarkable  in the English Premiership. He'll go for bids starting at minimum 70-80m if they sell him in the summer. A striker in mid table team hitting 20 goals in the Premiership will be in big demand. And if Man United come in they'll end up paying well over the odds.

I know I just found it to be a strange example as he was seen as a big prospect after I think he was one of the stand outs from an England youth team that lifted a trophy iirc. He was hardly plucked from thin air and unsure how relevant someone like him would be to Hibs.

As for the joint ownership/franchise stuff I think it should be banned in football however I totally get why Hibs fans are in favour of this deal. The idea that Bournemouth are now some powerhouse compared to Hibs these days still frazzles my brain a bit though.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The idea that Bournemouth are now some powerhouse compared to Hibs these days still frazzles my brain a bit though.

I dont disagree, but I guess vast sums of money alter things in many walks of life.

The cash on offer in the Premiership (even before the Black Knights guys got involved) put an unremarkable club and town like Bournemouth on a different financial plane to everyone up here.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know I just found it to be a strange example as he was seen as a big prospect after I think he was one of the stand outs from an England youth team that lifted a trophy iirc. He was hardly plucked from thin air and unsure how relevant someone like him would be to Hibs.

As for the joint ownership/franchise stuff I think it should be banned in football however I totally get why Hibs fans are in favour of this deal. The idea that Bournemouth are now some powerhouse compared to Hibs these days still frazzles my brain a bit though.

I get what you mean. However clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen need investment and we'll take it when it's offered.  To be fair Bournemouth should really be a League 1 side but BK are transforming them. There's a new training ground being built for them and a new stadium coming by 2027. They are going places.

In pre season we played Bournemouth over in Spain and they absolutely toyed with us.  Lee Johnson' said afterwards  "Well we won't play anyone as good as that in the league thankfully."  Ludicrous when you think about it.

3 hours ago, philpy said:

It's been our gain, but I'm still surprised that you got rid of big kev.

Im not considering the clowns making the decisions or sat listening to lee johnson

10 hours ago, philpy said:

It's been our gain, but I'm still surprised that you got rid of big kev.

I dont think its necessarily all about Hibs. 

Kevin is a keeper who needs to be playing, and playing as a No1 keeper.

Even if we take up the option on Marshalls contract, we are looking for a better No1 in the summer.

It wouldnt be fair on Kev to say "you are staying but will be warming the bench" especially after how well he has done for you guys.

He is a lovely guy, and deserves everything he gets out the game.

On 19/04/2024 at 08:43, AndyM said:

Talking of English fees:

Back in 2015:

"Cardiff City have signed striker Eoin Doyle from Chesterfield for an undisclosed fee worth around £1m."

It's a bit of a ridiculous market down south

Just now, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Heard on the grapevine this morning...

Monty's hoose in Haddington is up for sale th02.png.000431989c35d13ae2652fcc330f742b.png

Malky MacKay being considered th06.png.f28f3818cdda458cb06d49f1ea1ff6ff.png

Malky lives in Edinburgh (I think)

He has been at Easter Road a few times recently...........

I heard it might be for a different role, not manager.

2 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Monty's hoose in Haddington is up for sale th02.png.000431989c35d13ae2652fcc330f742b.png

That would be the most hilarious thing they could do after completing an extensive review of the football department.

2 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

You just have to laugh at our footballing department :lol: 

On 18/04/2024 at 13:44, Hoose Rice said:

The whole thing seems to bother you more than it does anyone else on this forum mate.   Unsure as to why you give a shit so much. 

Just wait till he gets started on Livingston 😉😂😂🙅🙅

On 21/04/2024 at 10:34, Leith Green said:

Malky lives in Edinburgh (I think)

He has been at Easter Road a few times recently...........

I heard it might be for a different role, not manager.

Our new DoF?  Christ on a bike.....

4 hours ago, AndyM said:

Our new DoF?  Christ on a bike.....

Not 'Hibs Class', ole Malky, is he not?

1 hour ago, philpy said:

According to a hibee I know, Hanson and Stevenson both off to us (raith) next season....

I reckon Hanlon still has at least a couple of seasons left in him. Less sure about Lewis. He stays fighting fit that's for sure but looked miles off the pace last time I saw him on the pitch.