8 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Imagine not wanting Martin Boyle when your club employs Randy Wolters as a professional football player 

9C4C1AEB-21F7-46B4-9264-391A1337EEAD.png.1202ead84a4b86f2860a79f885b85113.png

How much have you seen of Wolters? He's garbage admittedly, but how much have you actually seen? He plays on the opposite wing in any case. Boyle would be competing against Deacon. Boyle is probably the form player in the league right now, but he's generally not very good and I was happy to see him leave us tbh.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How much have you seen of Wolters? He's garbage admittedly, but how much have you actually seen? He plays on the opposite wing in any case. Boyle would be competing against Deacon. Boyle is probably the form player in the league right now, but he's generally not very good and I was happy to see him leave us tbh.

I’ve obviously seen enough to form the same opinion as yourself.

As for Boyle, here’s a wild thought...he might have actually improved himself as a player since leaving Dundee. 

Just now, Zing. said:

I’ve obviously seen enough to form the same opinion as yourself.

As for Boyle, here’s a wild thought...he might have actually improved himself as a player since leaving Dundee. 

I've no doubts that he has, doesn't mean I'm having sleepless nights about us allowing him to leave either.

15 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I think so, yes. With the pace and trickery he has, he is a nightmare even for good defenders and never stops trying. He is young and will only go from strength to strength! 

It's crazy I always think of Boyle as being about 28 or 29, when I read your post I went and checked and he's only 24!! I never really rated boyle when we first signed him but he was good last season but this season he really has stepped it up, hopefully he can keep the form going. I'm loving watching him this season.

3 hours ago, King_Of_Kings said:

It's crazy I always think of Boyle as being about 28 or 29, when I read your post I went and checked and he's only 24!! I never really rated boyle when we first signed him but he was good last season but this season he really has stepped it up, hopefully he can keep the form going. I'm loving watching him this season.

That's actually why I asked the question about him. Scotland do lack pace, he's only 24 and improving. Kind of player that can change a game with 1 bursting run.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Boyle is nowhere near good enough for the national side. He's having an incredible month but Hibs will be the biggest club he'll be at. There was a reason Dundee released him and I still wouldn't be enamoured to have him back even taking his form into account.

I agree with the first two points but The Flying Squirrel has been a different animal this season. You'd be nuts not to want him back.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's very, very effective for you because of the quality you can put round him and his effort shines through.

giphy.gif

Thank f**k Boyle had quality around him so he could: come deep into central midfield and pick the ball up; breeze past one player before skipping past a swipe from a second player; strike from more than 18-yards out [across the goal & through the defenders legs] to score with a precisely drilled ball into the bottom-right corner.

Decent effort shown by Boyle, thanks to the quality of those around him...

A well-worked team goal.

giphy.gif
Thank f**k Boyle had quality around him so he could: come deep into central midfield and pick the ball up; breeze past one player before skipping past a swipe from a second player; strike from more than 18-yards out [across the goal & through the defenders legs] to score with a precisely drilled ball into the bottom-right corner.
Decent effort shown by Boyle, thanks to the quality of those around him...
A well-worked team goal.

[emoji1]

They kinds of comments are the best ones.

‘He’s got nae ability’. ‘All he does is score goals’. ‘Boy might be doing great but he’s got shite technique’.

That kind of bog standard pishy moan you get from some people who don’t have a clue what they’re talking about but just seem to have an opinion of somebody set in stone. The boys that always look at everything negatively.

If there’s a player like Boyle playing so well for a team as good as Hibs are just now, he wouldn’t be getting into the team if he was only playing so well because the players he’s playing with are of such a good standard. He has to be up to that standard too, by all accounts he’s been one of the best players in that team this season, so maybe others are playing well because of his quality?

Football fans are no real.

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Boyle is nowhere near good enough for the national side. He's having an incredible month but Hibs will be the biggest club he'll be at. There was a reason Dundee released him and I still wouldn't be enamoured to have him back even taking his form into account. He's very, very effective for you because of the quality you can put round him and his effort shines through.

Maybe released because your managers have been thick as f**k and couldn't get the best out of him ?

23 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That's good to hear that the Scottish lads are improving.

Been really impressed with Hibs so far this season. Look a decent and confident team.

Well done.

Agreed.  I was really disappointed with them against Aberdeen at Easter Road but they've bounced back from that in spectacular fashion.

Martin Boyle is a bit like O'Halloran in my view. Rapid as f**k, will chip in with goals, but regularly take the wrong option or misplace a pass. Highly effective in the league because of the pace, but unlikely to ever go any higher up due to a lack of game intelligence. I may be wrong, but any time I've seen him the parallels are there. Great player to have in your squad and a nightmare to play against, but not one you'll break the bank to sign.

If they're the sort of players we need to look at for Scotland then we're in trouble, because their technical ability is nowhere near international standard and pace isn't such a weapon as the better players usually have enough to match them as it is.