Have Hibs replaced Boyle yet? Surely a replacement wide man is critical since he was your only out ball and main threat for a lot of the season? Or are you going narrower and hoping your strikers find their scoring touch?

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

Have Hibs replaced Boyle yet? Surely a replacement wide man is critical since he was your only out ball and main threat for a lot of the season? Or are you going narrower and hoping your strikers find their scoring touch?

We have Horgan and Agyepong who are more wingers than anything else, though as per the current Hibs model of team-selection, Horgan more often plays centre mid and Agyepong has been injured so long folks are forgetting what he looks like. We're also not averse to putting Gauld, or Slivka on the wing - we have about 5 or 6 attack-minded midfielders in the team roster for any given game (even when we borrow a midfielder who's never assisted or scored a goal in his career, he describes himself as someone who likes to attack!), so we tend to farm them out to other positions, as and when needed.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

2nd half on Sunday was the best we’ve looked in ages with a more narrow midfield and 2 up top. I’d stick with that for the time being.

You think that'll work against a team that a) isn't St Mirren and b) wasn't thrown off-guard by the 50th minute Horgan/Shaw substitution? I can't see any other team willing to give Stevie Mallan all that space in front of their penalty area, and given his provenance, I don't think we'd have seen St Mirren give him any space there either, if they had any time at all to think about it.

41 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You think that'll work against a team that a) isn't St Mirren and b) wasn't thrown off-guard by the 50th minute Horgan/Shaw substitution? I can't see any other team willing to give Stevie Mallan all that space in front of their penalty area, and given his provenance, I don't think we'd have seen St Mirren give him any space there either, if they had any time at all to think about it.

Got to be worth a try, not much else has worked recently. There needs to be a back 4 and 2 up front. Getting a midfield to work after that is the issue.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What is this conscious uncoupling bollocks? They've not been sacked and haven't resigned = some sort of halfway house pay off under NDA?

Exactly. A resignation or sacking would be bad for Lenny's career so he gets lawyers on the case to avoid it. A big tribunal case would be expensive and annoying for Hibs, and even if they win, they gain bugger all and lose in legal fees, so the decide the neatest way is to settle in a let's-save-face settlement that costs them less than whatever it would cost to actually sack Lenny. Both parties agree to say nice things about each other in the statement (and there's a bunch of nice things that they can say, to be fair), a bag of money changes hands, the size of which depends on how bad Lenny's infraction is, and what his contract would have said, and everyone goes on with their lives.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

My main takeaway is Dempster should keep her nose out of team affairs with whoever the next guy is.  I don't blame Lennon at all for telling her to gtf.  

Yeah, I don't think that's the way round that it happened to be honest with you...

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

My main takeaway is Dempster should keep her nose out of team affairs with whoever the next guy is.  I don't blame Lennon at all for telling her to gtf.  

He can’t have done that, apparently, as he is not guilty of any wrong-doing or misconduct.