3 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Dempster might feel undermined by Petrie if she's called it while he's away,he comes back and it's all swept under the carpet and she's been verbally abused.
If any of the rumours have any kind of truth in them of course

Play with fire you're going to get burned.  She needs to grow a pair, haha.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

How can you just 'leave' a job? If you don't resign from a post and you don't get fired... are you not still in the job?   I don't understand this.   

The fiction is 'mutual consent'. Where both parties agree that it's not working out and they go their separate ways in a manner that saves as much face/money as possible.

Hibs don't have much to gain from trashing the rest of Lenny's career with a sacking or a forced resignation, and they paid Lenny enough that he can make firing him expensive. Much as we'd all like acrimonious disputes and salacious gossip, that may have to wait for until they write and publish the upcoming ghostwritten autobiography, Neil Lennon - The Ginger Prince, and of course Kamberi - Volume 2: The Buckfast Years...

Edited by Aim Here

Exactly. A resignation or sacking would be bad for Lenny's career so he gets lawyers on the case to avoid it. A big tribunal case would be expensive and annoying for Hibs, and even if they win, they gain bugger all and lose in legal fees, so the decide the neatest way is to settle in a let's-save-face settlement that costs them less than whatever it would cost to actually sack Lenny. Both parties agree to say nice things about each other in the statement (and there's a bunch of nice things that they can say, to be fair), a bag of money changes hands, the size of which depends on how bad Lenny's infraction is, and what his contract would have said, and everyone goes on with their lives.

The people who lose out are employment lawyers and us, the nosey public

Ideally they would wash their dirty laundry in public with a big legal case during the Off-Season when we won’t have any actual football to discuss.

I have not been dismissed and I have not resigned. I’ve been suspended, but I’ve not been suspended. I’ve called my boss a dyke but I am not guilty of misconduct. What is my name? 

E9E9F70B-8E8C-42D1-A35F-3FFF8C92EAC9.gif

Edited by Austinho

17 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-hope-to-seal-marc-mcnulty-deal-as-neil-lennon-s-exit-is-confirmed-1-4865225

McNulty close to coming in. Few folk saying he was at East Mains yesterday. Good goal record for Coventry last season.

None of that will matter if you reappoint Stubbs.