31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-all-33-signings-made-under-neil-lennon-rated-out-of-10-1-4864208

Until it got laid out like this I hadn't realised how many folk we signed who played literally half an hour of football in total.

That's not the only metric that counts. Look at Faycal Rherras - he covered an essential gap last January, after Motherwell had hoofed all our other defenders off the pitch, and he took the opportunity to run down the clock when he was on the ball, while we were winning. I mean, he didn't do it intentionally - it really *did* take him about 4 minutes to drag the ball from the penalty area to the halfway line, but it's all good. We signed him on a free, he makes about three appearances on the subs bench, slags off his old team Heart of Midlothian on twitter (despite them deeming him worthy of a place in the starting lineup a season or so back) and we let him go again. Totally worth it!

And Scott Bain was possibly the best signing we made last January, and he played precisely zero minutes of football for Hibs. Not all football players are paid to play football!

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-all-33-signings-made-under-neil-lennon-rated-out-of-10-1-4864208

Until it got laid out like this I hadn't realised how many folk we signed who played literally half an hour of football in total.

33 in two and a half seasons is quite the turnaround

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Faycal Rherras. heh.png

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Faycal Rherras. heh.png

Which is funnier - taking on the cheapest donkey you could find as injury cover for Lewis Stevenson, who had a reputation for never missing a match - or using said donkey as a first-choice starting left-back for a year?

We are going to end up with some random coach from down south with little experience. He’ll fit nicely into our footballing “structure”, which basically means he’ll do as he’s told and sign all the players that the recruitment team send him. 

I get the feeling Lennon was a step out of how they want to work at Hibs. Most of his signings were through connections of his or players he knew about from Celtc/Bolton (which wasn’t all bad tbf) and he was never going to be suited to being a head coach rather than an all ruling manager.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Which is funnier - taking on the cheapest donkey you could find as injury cover for Lewis Stevenson, who had a reputation for never missing a match - or using said donkey as a first-choice starting left-back for a year?

The answer is definitely "signing a player who couldn't get a game ahead of Lenny Sowah", I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The answer is definitely "signing a player who couldn't get a game ahead of Lenny Sowah", I'm afraid.

We didn't expect him to get a game ahead of anybody at all. This was just some warm body to throw on the field in the unlikely event we ran out of defenders. Spending money on someone who could actually kick a ball would have been the dumb move. We could spend that cash on something useful, instead.

Edited by Aim Here

32 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

We didn't expect him to get a game ahead of anybody at all. This was just some warm body to throw on the field in the unlikely event we ran out of defenders. Spending money on someone who could actually kick a ball would have been the dumb move. We could spend that cash on something useful, instead.

I heard he was just signed to wind up simpleton hearts fans on twitter - world class at that imo

6 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

There is still an old guard core at the back despite all the player activity, getting past its sell by date this season btw.

Hanlon has been a shadow of the player the past few months that he's been in recent seasons. Baffling.

McGregor has his moments where he's close to giving away a pen or getting sent off but he still rattles the opposition strikers with his physicality.

Hopefully the Johnson laddie can play a bit and we put him in beside Daz, If he's more of a stopper I fear we might persist with Hanlon as he's a better ball playing CB than McGregor. Gray looks like he's in pain a lot too, hope he can overcome his fitness/injury woes but they seem to be so persistent.

6 hours ago, Zing. said:

We are going to end up with some random coach from down south with little experience. He’ll fit nicely into our footballing “structure”, which basically means he’ll do as he’s told and sign all the players that the recruitment team send him. 

I get the feeling Lennon was a step out of how they want to work at Hibs. Most of his signings were through connections of his or players he knew about from Celtc/Bolton (which wasn’t all bad tbf) and he was never going to be suited to being a head coach rather than an all ruling manager.

According to the media/journos we're interested in Heckingbottom, Grayson, Hurst and Doolan. To be fair the recent failures on their records(bar Doolan) look like poisoned chalice/basketcase type jobs. I wouldn't be hounding the board if we hired any of them, got quite an open mind in regards managerial appointments since Mowbray and Stubbs did so well coming into the job without managerial experience.

Don't Hertz sign a new team every window?  33 in 30 months isn't that unusual.

It’s more like every summer window but your point stands

With so many loan signings and relatively short contracts these days you’re inevitably going to turnover around a full squads worth of players over thee years

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s more like every summer window but your point stands

With so many loan signings and relatively short contracts these days you’re inevitably going to turnover around a full squads worth of players over thee years

Yep - I see a lot of Hibs fans moaning about "not another loan signing from Man City / United  or wherever" without understanding that these guys are ten a penny in the EPL and have almost zero chance of playing first team. That doesnt make them crap.

Its almost like all the quality players get spotted, move up a division down south due to the cash (but with the trade off that most of these guys cant get a game).

These are the exact type of players that - 15/20 years ago - Hibs, Hearts etc might have actually signed perm as they were kicking their heels in the reserves, but it just doesnt happen any more..............and due to the cash on offer down south that model isnt changing any time soon.