3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hibees a wee bit sensitive over wee John mcginn?

Not at all, We just don't need anyone to judge how good he was, we watched him every week.

And for any Hibs fans worried about the add on deal - remember, we made more money from Steven Fletcher's subsequent moves than we ever did for his transfer.

Hibs are v cute with deals.

29 minutes ago, Zing. said:

He’s just won promotion at the first time of asking after running the show all season in the English Championship.

He’s probably better than we thought he was. 

Kenny McLean won the league playing for a better team and missing the first half of the season injured.

I didn't think McGinn was that great at Hibs, tbh, but hes shown me right up for thinking that.

Glad hes turning into an all rounder and hasnt been pigeon holed like Brown was.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Kenny McLean won the league playing for a better team and missing the first half of the season injured.

Aye, cool. Doesn’t change the fact that we didn’t “overrate” John McGinn. We saw he was a brilliant player and he’s proven as much at a higher level.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Aye, cool. Doesn’t change the fact that we didn’t “overrate” John McGinn. We saw he was a brilliant player and he’s proven as much at a higher level.

Fucking hell min. It's an opinion. You don't have to be so hypersensitive.

I watched him struggle in every game he played against Aberdeen apart from the one game Graeme Shinnie missed. The boy is obviously a very good player and hopefully kicks on.

Plenty of Hibs fans thought he should have been a Scotland regular whilst playing for them. I didn't agree he was ready hence why I think they overrated him.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Fucking hell min. It's an opinion. You don't have to be so hypersensitive.

I watched him struggle in every game he played against Aberdeen apart from the one game Graeme Shinnie missed. The boy is obviously a very good player and hopefully kicks on.

Plenty of Hibs fans thought he should have been a Scotland regular whilst playing for them. I didn't agree he was ready hence why I think they overrated him.

Championship fodder IMO

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

300k isn't going to make much difference but welcome all the same. McGinn on his form yesterday is way better than any Celtic midfielder at present and Lawwell is a clown but we knew that anyway.  Shame also on all those lesser epl managers that didn't bid last summer.  Was obvious McGinn was epl standard and more.

Callum McGregor is at least as good.  He's a cleverer player with a bit more finesse. But less direct, with less dig and sometimes less influential. Either way, they would both have a chance of forcing their way into the Hearts midfield.

43 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Callum McGregor is at least as good.  He's a cleverer player with a bit more finesse. But less direct, with less dig and sometimes less influential. Either way, they would both have a chance of forcing their way into the Hearts midfield.

You will have to try harder than that pal...:lol:

Edited by Bohemian

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I really dare to ask, but Ross Laidlaw anybody?

I thought he was alright but then he was horribly exposed in the League Cup semi final against Celtic. Up until then he was pretty competent, nothing extraordinary but a safe pair of hands.