2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Keiran MaGuire has mentioned a few times that post-Brexit it would make sense for a multi-club model like City's to include a Scottish club, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Personally, I'd stop going if they bought in to my club. Possible decision coming up for you mob.

If they changed our name and colours then I would stop going. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Keiran MaGuire has mentioned a few times that post-Brexit it would make sense for a multi-club model like City's to include a Scottish club, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Personally, I'd stop going if they bought in to my club. Possible decision coming up for you mob.

Although Keiran McGuire talks a right old load of shite sometimes...............

4 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

I've heard from 2 different sources (one ex player and one current member of staff) that one of these is The City Group. Whether this is for a takeover or some type of link up I'm unsure.

There's been some gentlemen of Middle Eastern origin spotted visiting ER and East Mains on a couple of occasions in the past month.

Yeah I saw the thread on Hibs.net about it, no idea about how likely it is and there is obviously a huge morale dilemma about it all, would be good to get some insight into what’s happening, even if it’s just through media leaks.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

His main role was always commercial and he has overseen an enormous rise in commercial income / sponsorship / hospitality.

He wont be leaving unless he fucks the DoF recruitment.

There is that aspect but he’s played a major role in hiring our last two managers, would rather keep the one we have than let him pick another one.

32 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If they changed our name and colours then I would stop going. 

FC Edinburgh Hibernian? I mean changing the name is really working for the mob nearby... as is getting run by some corporate chancer. 

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

A Middle eastern takeover at Hibs will have next to no impact on whether fans go to support them. There would be a bit of noise in the press but that would be it.

Like you I'm old enough and cynical enough to recognise that fans are absolutely fickle regardless of the team. They only care about the team winning.  Example is Newcastle who were taken over by the worst  regime you could imagine.  The stadium is sold out every game and the fans are utterly mental for the team now. Man City fans have no complaints about being owned by Abu Dhabi either.

8 minutes ago, AndyM said:

A Middle eastern takeover at Hibs will have next to no impact on whether fans go to support them. There would be a bit of noise in the press but that would be it.

Like you I'm old enough and cynical enough to recognise that fans are absolutely fickle regardless of the team. They only care about the team winning.  Example is Newcastle who were taken over by the worst  regime you could imagine.  The stadium is sold out every game and the fans are utterly mental for the team now. Man City fans have no complaints about being owned by Abu Dhabi either.

Football supporters are seldom on nodding terms with morality.

The City Group thing is clearly a load of shite, but if they DID take over Hibs, at least it would give me an excuse to quit football and stop fucking watching their constant  pish. Three decades of abject misery. 

Edited by The Other Foot

19 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think what Patrick really means is his Hibs career is over 

Time for him to go. 

Good player but we can’t afford to keep injured players at the club. 

On 11/04/2023 at 20:37, The Other Foot said:

The City Group thing is clearly a load of shite, but if they DID take over Hibs, at least it would give me an excuse to quit football and stop fucking watching their constant  pish. Three decades of abject misery. 

Not sure that the City Group investors interest is a load of shite. I've heard a couple of things that makes me think not.  After Ron's passing the Gordon family (who are based in Washington DC) would probably not be averse to selling and interest from serious investors will be welcomed.  People from the City Group have apparently been taken round East Mains and ER recently. LJ has contacts with them.

That in itself however does not mean a takeover is imminent.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Not sure that the City Group investors interest is a load of shite. I've heard a couple of things that makes me think not.  After Ron's passing the Gordon family (who are based in Washington DC) would probably not be averse to selling and interest from serious investors will be welcomed.  People from the City Group have apparently been taken round East Mains and ER recently. LJ has contacts with them.

That in itself however does not mean a takeover is imminent.

Fair enough, but might this not just be related to the loan deals that LJ is trying to swing?

34 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Fair enough, but might this not just be related to the loan deals that LJ is trying to swing?

As I said "That in itself however does not mean a takeover is imminent."  However I do think the club will be sold. Ron is gone so a sale is likely - probably within the year.  And it's in a great position as far as revenue streams, facilities and location are concerned.

We probably will be sold in the near future but the Gordon family did come out fairly quickly after Ron's death and said they wanted to carry on. Why would they come out with those comments when no one really expected it from them if they planned to sell?