Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I got invited over to the wife's place for Christmas dinner, and I noticed that the lack of pre-heating is still going on. I also got the strong impression that that no note was being made of the time the turkey was going in to the oven. Kept my mouth shut.

Guess whose fault it was that the whole thing was a mess?

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I got invited over to the wife's place for Christmas dinner, and I noticed that the lack of pre-heating is still going on. I also got the strong impression that that no note was being made of the time the turkey was going in to the oven. Kept my mouth shut.

Jesus?

I recently watched a kids science program on Netflix (with my kids) who sued petri dishes to demonstrate that the toilet seat is actually one of the cleanest surfaces in the home. 

Food for thought

There used to be a programme on channel 4 called OCD cleaners. There was a woman on there that was so proud of how clean her bog was, she licked it on camera. Gave me the dry boak.

Mrs B has developed a habit of terrible timing. Each time i am nearly at the end of doing something, she will stop me and ask me to to do something else. Eg i had one last plate to wash and she called me through asking me to do something else. This has been a regular thing for 2 or 3 weeks, we are always in different rooms when it happens, so it’s not deliberate.

Her: Silence for 2 hours

Me: silence for 2 hours

Me: gets up to go to the kitchen/for a pish/stretch the legs

Her, just as I’m leaving the room: “oh I saw this thing on Facebook earlier and I think that sjsndhfufudkdmsmxnxko akaksoskdkmcni....”

Every fucking time.

I just pretend I don’t hear her now and carry on walking.

40 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Mrs B has developed a habit of terrible timing. Each time i am nearly at the end of doing something, she will stop me and ask me to to do something else. Eg i had one last plate to wash and she called me through asking me to do something else. This has been a regular thing for 2 or 3 weeks, we are always in different rooms when it happens, so it’s not deliberate.

Were you originally doing something she'd asked you to do in the first place? If so, join the club.

It was getting to the point where there'd be three of four things stacked up, so I'd just stop doing the task at hand, move on to the next thing, and never go back to the previous one. I'm not sure, but I think the message got through.

Jason Leitch?

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Her: Silence for 2 hours

Me: silence for 2 hours

Me: gets up to go to the kitchen/for a pish/stretch the legs

Her, just as I’m leaving the room: “oh I saw this thing on Facebook earlier and I think that sjsndhfufudkdmsmxnxko akaksoskdkmcni....”

Every fucking time.

I just pretend I don’t hear her now and carry on walking.

Was she having a stroke?

On 17/02/2021 at 10:26, Jacksgranda said:

I don't know how many are in your household but a "33 wash" bottle would last us about 7/8 weeks, I reckon.

I think I started a new bottle on 17th February, and it's empty. That's only 4 weeks, and I don't think we've done 33 washes, maybe wouldn't be far off it all the same, some days there would be 2 washes done (like today) other days 0, like yesterday, so maybe averages 1 a day or slightly less, so maybe not far away from 33 washes.

I did notice whenever I was putting in the fabric softener I was nearly filling it to the max level - 50 ml - so cut that back.

Anyway, a new bottle is required for the second load so will report back when that is finished @beesher !

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think I started a new bottle on 17th February, and it's empty. That's only 4 weeks, and I don't think we've done 33 washes, maybe wouldn't be far off it all the same, some days there would be 2 washes done (like today) other days 0, like yesterday, so maybe averages 1 a day or slightly less, so maybe not far away from 33 washes.

I did notice whenever I was putting in the fabric softener I was nearly filling it to the max level - 50 ml - so cut that back.

Anyway, a new bottle is required for the second load so will report back when that is finished @beesher !

Who needs Netflix!

21 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Mrs BB refuses to pre heat the oven and yet cannot fathom why the time taken to cook anything is never the same as it says on the instructions. 

Mine has decided her oven is the most powerful oven in the world and the preheat required is only a few mins "that oven only needs a few minutes". Ignoring the red light indicating whether or not it is indeed at the selected temp.

We had our over cleaned the other week. 

Wife insists you now need to cook things at a lower temp than indicated on the packaging, as if the oven being clean makes it better at cooking than it was when it came out the factory. 

Also, when she's cooking anything she has two temperatures she uses - up full, and simmer. Still can't grasp how I'm capable of cooking stuff properly whilst hers is always underdone or burned to a crisp. 

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

We had our over cleaned the other week. 

Wife insists you now need to cook things at a lower temp than indicated on the packaging, as if the oven being clean makes it better at cooking than it was when it came out the factory. 

Also, when she's cooking anything she has two temperatures she uses - up full, and simmer. Still can't grasp how I'm capable of cooking stuff properly whilst hers is always underdone or burned to a crisp. 

Who did you use, out of interest?  I've used a mob called OvenU in the past and mine is getting to the stage where i'll probably get them out again shortly

Who did you use, out of interest?  I've used a mob called OvenU in the past and mine is getting to the stage where i'll probably get them out again shortly
You "getting someone out" to clean your oven is the least surprising thing iv read on here.