Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Feasts got hammered by Magnums when they came along but they're still there, quietly mouldering away in the freezer cabinets of newsagents, for the folk that can't afford a Magnum. 

What's the ice cream for people who can't afford Feasts?

Asking for a mate.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

What's the ice cream for people who can't afford Feasts?

Asking for a mate.

Choc ice 8 for £1 in aldi. Pack of mini chocolate bars about the same.  Gouge a small hollow and insert mini chocolate bar plus a stick (can be found on most good pavements) into choc ice. Crunch up a teaspoon of cereal and gently press each side of choc ice in it.

Use your leftover ingredients by blending with a tin of condensed milk to make a delicious and nutritious shake. 

Doesn't listen to advice about setting the fire (and if she does, just ignores it next time around).

"See, it's going fine now" she'll say, having used up the bag of kindling sticks for much of the fuel rather than for starting it off as they're intended. 

Naturally, I get the "fine, you do it next", as she leaves me with a pile of logs and coal but nothing smaller to get them going.  At least we've not had the gas cut off for a couple of days, with the problem still ongoing whilst it's minus something outside... oh, wait....

Thankfully forests are still a thing.  Doubt I've picked firewood from the woods since I was a 15yo Scout.  I could of course just head to the fuel supplier, but I'm a man of principle and I want the fire I've already paid for.

Edited by Hedgecutter

33 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Doesn't listen to advice about setting the fire (and if she does, just ignores it next time around).

"See, it's going fine now" she'll say, having used up the bag of kindling sticks for much of the fuel rather than for starting it off as they're intended. 

Naturally, I get the "fine, you do next", as she leaves me with a pile of logs and coal but nothing smaller to get them going.  At least we've not had the gas cut off for a couple of days, with the problem still ongoing whilst it's minus something outside... oh, wait....

I am a modern man and quite happy to let the GF get stuck into the traditionally manly domains. Fires, however, are Reserved. Theres a reason even feminists don't go near the BBQ. 

For our film last night I chose "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Needn't have bothered. She had no fucking clue what was going on.
And her opinion on that (excellent) film is "It's a stupid film", I presume?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
For our film last night I chose "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Needn't have bothered. She had no fucking clue what was going on.

And her opinion on that (excellent) film is "It's a stupid film", I presume?

She's not really said much other than "I don't know what is happening" then she went to bed cos she was tired.  But she was watching with a look on her face like "huh?". I will probably get asked about it soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I once visited the beach at Montauk Point, as seen in this film. I did not see Kate Winslet there, or at least if I did I have forgotten all about her.

Maybe she was there but being played by an actress with the same hair colour.

On 06/03/2021 at 12:03, Hedgecutter said:

Naturally, I get the "fine, you do it next", as she leaves me with a pile of logs and coal but nothing smaller to get them going.  At least we've not had the gas cut off for a couple of days, with the problem still ongoing whilst it's minus something outside... oh, wait....

Thankfully forests are still a thing.  Doubt I've picked firewood from the woods since I was a 15yo Scout.  I could of course just head to the fuel supplier, but I'm a man of principle and I want the fire I've already paid for.

Mine is similar. Got a Woodburner at home and with the job I do I have access to loads of trees.

So I spent loads of the time last summer cutting and splitting logs allowing them to season for this winter. Anything below a certain size gets sorted into my kindling pile. Any wood scraps etc from DIY bla bla goes in too. Even spent some time shredding old bills and spam mail, soaking it and forming it into some paper logs, if you will, for use on cooler nights to save on logs. 

So by this Christmas more than half the kindling is gone (enough for about 2 winters) because the logs take ages to heat the room (yeah, I can't figure that one out either) and the kindling is easier to handle.

Don't get me started on the kindling jenga pile created to start the fire either.

Edited by mishtergrolsch