Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

21 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

For any steak pie, no matter if the oven is preheated or not, it will always take longer, much longer, than what the instructions say.

If it says 20 minutes, I give it half an hour.

16 hours ago, BTFD said:

Nice try, but...

"Why is it always me who has to do everything around here? I have so much on my plate - if you got involved from time to time, things like this wouldn't happen"

A fair point but one which can be quickly rebutted by reminding her what happened when he got involved in buying the cake.

As all married men know, if there is a job you don't want to do, make a c**t of it 1st time- problem solved.

On 01/09/2023 at 23:11, Soapy FFC said:

For any steak pie, no matter if the oven is preheated or not, it will always take longer, much longer, than what the instructions say.

Can your oven be set to bottom heat only? I've found that appears to help cook the pie in the stated time, with the added bonus of not having to incinerate the pastry.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Can your oven be set to bottom heat only? I've found that appears to help cook the pie in the stated time, with the added bonus of not having to incinerate the pastry.

Unfortunately not, I just need to rely on the good old technique of sitting the pie in a baking tray. Also, following the recommended instruction of covering the pastry with foil to stop it burning doesn't help the heating process. 

16 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Bedrooms are for shagging and sleeping in. Get the telly punted.

No chance. That's my bundesliga viewing spot on a Saturday evening with some Cans from the beer fridge I've also got in the room.