Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

The wife and I had words last night, and some of them were not nice ones.  

We bought a new fridge the weekend before last.  It has started to develop an annoying hum over the past week (the fridge, not the wife) which seems louder than would be normal. I pulled it out (again, the fridge) and couldn't find the source of the hum (probably the compressor) and saw that the drip pan was full - after just 8 or 9 days.  Was more than a little pissed off but apparently It's my fault as follows -

1) I should have clarified with the sales guy that there would be no hum before buying 

2)I should have asked how quickly the drip tray would be fill up before buying 

(really, was it remiss of me not to have asked those things rather than the more obvious how many beers can it fit etc?)

3)I shouldn't have been so quick to buy the fridge (although the old one was f****d and buying fridges doesn't actually give me a hard on).  

Also, she was with me throughout the whole purchasing process and indeed it was her who made the final decision - as a married man I realise none of that is relevant though. '

It does keep the beer nice 'n' cold though.  

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We bought a new fridge the weekend before last.  It has started to develop an annoying hum over the past week (the fridge, not the wife) which seems louder than would be normal. I pulled it out (again, the fridge) and couldn't find the source of the hum (probably the compressor) and saw that the drip pan was full - after just 8 or 9 days.  Was more than a little pissed off but apparently It's my fault as follows -

1) I should have clarified with the sales guy that there would be no hum before buying 

(really, was it remiss of me not to have asked those things rather than the more obvious how many beers can it fit etc?)

3)I shouldn't have been so quick to buy the fridge (although the old one was f****d and buying fridges doesn't actually give me a hard on).  

Also, she was with me throughout the whole purchasing process and indeed it was her who made the final decision - as a married man I realise none of that is relevant though. '

Does it have a freezer compartment big enough to house her in if her petulance continues? I imagine all that whining (like the hum) will be detracting from the enjoyment of those nice cold beers.

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

When she's out at work say u got a guy round to fix the hum, then forever more when she complains about it just say "hum? What hum ?"  

On 04/09/2023 at 11:59, jimbaxters said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Having a telly in the bedroom is indicative of a bad marriage.

When I was first married I was pushing for a tv in the bedroom but the good lady wasn’t for it -“we work all day and don’t see each other. We’ll end up coming home at night, you’ll end up watching sport on one tv and me watching dramas on the other. We’ll be like ships in the night and never speak to each other.”  I reckoned it a fair point, relented and we made do with the one tv. 

Spoiler

And we got divorced in 2010. 😂

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

When I was first married I was pushing for a tv in the bedroom but the good lady wasn’t for it -“we work all day and don’t see each other. We’ll end up coming home at night, you’ll end up watching sport on one tv and me watching dramas on the other. We’ll be like ships in the night and never speak to each other.”  I reckoned it a fair point, relented and we made do with the one tv. 

Reveal hidden contents

And we got divorced in 2010. 😂

An argument made by countless women . I bet at least 90% of them then spend that "quality time" together with their partner scrolling endlessly through Instagram/Facebook/random sh*te. 

50 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Does it have a freezer compartment big enough to house her in if her petulance continues? I imagine all that whining (like the hum) will be detracting from the enjoyment of those nice cold beers.

I was in the middle of one last night when the discussion began as it happens - it did take the edge off the enjoyment.  

47 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

When she's out at work say u got a guy round to fix the hum, then forever more when she complains about it just say "hum? What hum ?"  

Work? I wish. 

We're waiting on the engineer to come - obviously the hum will stop the minute before he arrives and start the minute he leaves. To be fair (and perhaps I shouldn't) she's not complaining about the hum, I am.  My complaint is about her batshit comments about what I should've asked.  

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Work? I wish. 

We're waiting on the engineer to come - obviously the hum will stop the minute before he arrives and start the minute he leaves. To be fair (and perhaps I shouldn't) she's not complaining about the hum, I am.  My complaint is about her batshit comments about what I should've asked.  

Video is magical that way. It’s often difficult to capture a noise/hum on a video, but if you try from various spots and distances, you can usually find one that makes it clear enough to get your point over. Had to do that with an air conditioner exterior unit that was humming so loud it was bothering people inside four apartments, but the maintenance guys couldn’t hear it…took the video to the regional manager.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

As long as you hum louder than the fridge when you're in the kitchen you'll never notice it.

7 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

An argument made by countless women . I bet at least 90% of them then spend that "quality time" together with their partner scrolling endlessly through Instagram/Facebook/random sh*te. 

One of the myriad of reasons I binned Ex was that we had one telly. Not because I could never watch anything I wanted, more that I have zero interest in watching TV period, so she'd come in slump in front of the TV and refuse to move the rest of the night, whereas I'd be off doing my own thing that didn't involve her or a TV.

It's different with current because we don't live together, so I get plenty of time on my own where I can do whatever I like, so I don't actually mind sitting down with her now and again and watching a movie or something, whereas living with Ex was a case of the bloody thing being on by default, with her slouched on the sofa watching brain dead shite like Strictly/I'm a Celeb/Eastenders. No ta.

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

It has started to develop an annoying hum over the past week

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

As long as you hum louder than the fridge when you're in the kitchen you'll never notice it.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The problem is we have an open layout so it's not just irritating in the kitchen - I can now hear it above the TV if I listen hard enough.  And, of course, I do. 

14 hours ago, hk blues said:

The problem is we have an open layout so it's not just irritating in the kitchen - I can now hear it above the TV if I listen hard enough.  And, of course, I do. 

Tell her it can't be that bad if you can still hear her moaning over it.

You won't have to listen to her or it during the 6 weeks minimum you'll spend in hospital as a result