Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, Peil said:

Inability to take the car to the garage seems to be one I hadn't noticed.

Knew the brakes needed doing, so just before Xmas, she was off work and I was still pottering away. Asked her to go round to the local garage to get it booked in.
Much huffing and she did, a day later.

She was reminded last night to drop it off around 8.  "Will they be open then?" "Aye"

This morning arrives, she takes the wee man to nursery and comes straight back home. Then at 8:45 starts moaning, the car needs to go to the garage but i'm meant to be in a meeting at 9.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

My wife suffers from the same kind of affliction - responsibility aversion I call it. 

A common occurrence I think.

My other half states "but you always do that".

I tried the same with house work after that statement and got my ear bent.

Went looking for my beautiful Cadbury double decker. Placed it in the cupboard earlier and now it's gone.

"Do you know where my double decker has gone?" I ask.

"The fridge" she replies. She placed it in the fucking fridge and now I'm crying.

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Went looking for my beautiful Cadbury double decker. Placed it in the cupboard earlier and now it's gone.

"Do you know where my double decker has gone?" I ask.

"The fridge" she replies. She placed it in the fucking fridge and now I'm crying.

You'll be up all night gnawing at it

23 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

A common occurrence I think.

My other half states "but you always do that".

I tried the same with house work after that statement and got my ear bent.

It only works one way.

She asked if we can leave at 12 today. No problem I say. At 11.20 she decided she would wash the bathroom meaning nobody can use it for a good 20 minutes.  She had all f*****g morning to do it!

33 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I bought a 2 pack of yumyums from Greggs at lunch time. Had one at lunch, hid the other in a cupboard so the kids didn’t find it so I could have it later. Come home and she’s found it and chucked it in the bin. I’m raging. 

Why?

49 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I bought a 2 pack of yumyums from Greggs at lunch time. Had one at lunch, hid the other in a cupboard so the kids didn’t find it so I could have it later. Come home and she’s found it and chucked it in the bin. I’m raging. 

Genuinely let out a wee chuckle at this 🤣

17 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Why?

The logic was that it was in festive packaging and didn’t have a date on it, so must have been in there for ages. The fact it was in a cupboard we use every day and she hadn’t seen it before clearly didn’t occur to her. 

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The logic was that it was in festive packaging and didn’t have a date on it, so must have been in there for ages. The fact it was in a cupboard we use every day and she hadn’t seen it before clearly didn’t occur to her. 

Maybe she just thinks you’re carrying a wee bit extra timber…

She has a compressed nerve in her neck. She can barely move, been signed off work for a fortnight. Really in pain and suffering. Just woke up on Friday in agony. It's horrendous to watch.

To get her through this, she is binge watching Suits. The dialogue is fucking atrocious. Now I am the one suffering.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

She has a compressed nerve in her neck. She can barely move, been signed off work for a fortnight. Really in pain and suffering. Just woke up on Friday in agony. It's horrendous to watch.

To get her through this, she is binge watching Suits. The dialogue is fucking atrocious. Now I am the one suffering.

Fine while she was away though, eh?