Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My girlfriend always describes pretty tame and insignificant events as “terrifying”. Like when someone from cancer research knocks on our door at 4 o clock on a Sunday afternoon or if she sees a number 11 bus on a different route than it should be on. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find it quite endearing tbf.

26 minutes ago, throbber said:

My girlfriend always describes pretty tame and insignificant events as “terrifying”. Like when someone from cancer research knocks on our door at 4 o clock on a Sunday afternoon or if she sees a number 11 bus on a different route than it should be on. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find it quite endearing tbf.

Have you shown her your infamous cock gif? 

Have you shown her your infamous cock gif? 

Numerous times, she doesn’t find it funny or terrifying.

The 11 bus was going down McDonald as Pilrig st having road works done to it at the time. In fairness it was quite terrifying seeing it where it shouldn’t be, I thought it had been hijacked.

Currently rattling utter shite to her maw on the phone for going on 45 minutes. When she gets off the phone its an absolute nap that shel make some exclamation about how long shes been on the phone, despite the fact its clearly her initiating all the inane trivial shite they are droning.

53 MINUTES!!! CHRIST!!!!

Aye nae bother thats how I want my Saturday night to go. Listening to stories about folk fae her and her maws work. f**k off

24 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Physically incapable of drinking a cup of tea or a glass of water to completion. You'd think I'd learn by now but every time I load the dishwasher I spill the dregs of half a dozen cups over everything.

Same thing at this end drives me round the bend !!! 

26 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Physically incapable of drinking a cup of tea or a glass of water to completion. You'd think I'd learn by now but every time I load the dishwasher I spill the dregs of half a dozen cups over everything.

This. 

"Make me a coffee" 

"Once you finish those other 4 you've made" 

"Stop being a dick" 

I once counted 5 half drunk cans of coke after she’d been off all day and I came in from work. Apparently she’d forgotten about the open ones.

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere in here but my gf is a nightmare for faffing around when we have food ready. If we have picked something up on the way home she will go for a wash/have a shite/make a cup of tea and the lovely hot food is getting colder by the second. If I'm cooking, telling her we are a couple of minutes away is a cue for her to go and wash her hair or phone her mum or some other nonsense. 

I just start eating without her now, but that doesn't go down particularly well. 

She's also a nightmare for the leaving an inch of liquid at the bottom of cups/glasses too. Every time. It's fucking baffling. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I once counted 5 half drunk cans of coke after she’d been off all day and I came in from work. Apparently she’d forgotten about the open ones.

My grandad used to do this before he was diagnosed with dementia, he used to make cups of tea and leave half them everywhere as he'd forgotten 

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tupperware boxes. Tupperware boxes everywhere.

(Buzz Lightyear gif goes here]

Stealing my tupperware boxes to put shite in. I keep buying tubs of a decent size and shape to put my lunch in and use them once. They turn up a month later in my daughters' cupboards full of loom bands or bobbles or some such. Meanwhile I am squashing my sannies into a used takeaway carton. 

Guest bernardblack
It's probably been mentioned elsewhere in here but my gf is a nightmare for faffing around when we have food ready. If we have picked something up on the way home she will go for a wash/have a shite/make a cup of tea and the lovely hot food is getting colder by the second. If I'm cooking, telling her we are a couple of minutes away is a cue for her to go and wash her hair or phone her mum or some other nonsense. 
I just start eating without her now, but that doesn't go down particularly well. 
She's also a nightmare for the leaving an inch of liquid at the bottom of cups/glasses too. Every time. It's fucking baffling. 

This. 100% this.

I quite like cooking so once I’ve made something I’ll go “that’s ready, come help yourself”

Could be 10mins faffing about finding the right spoon or whatever to dish it out.

This. 100% this.

I quite like cooking so once I’ve made something I’ll go “that’s ready, come help yourself”

Could be 10mins faffing about finding the right spoon or whatever to dish it out.
I like cooking too and am decent at it. So it leaves me fucking seething when she pays it zero respect by doing the same sorts of dicking around as mentioned by yourselves.