Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, philpy said:

If she's upstairs getting ready to go somewhere, she will always have music on loud as possible, and there is no chance that she'll hear me shouting up about anything, or the doorbell going.  Even shouted "THE HOUSE IS ON FUCKING FIRE!!" on a few occasions, but nope, she still didn't hear me. I might try pressing the test button on one of the smoke detectors the next time.... 

You are the infuriating one here. Annoys the f**k out of me when my partner shouts something from another room expecting me to hear it or even worse, get up and come to her. If you’ve got something to say, you take your lazy arse upstairs and speak to her.

You are the infuriating one here. Annoys the f**k out of me when my partner shouts something from another room expecting me to hear it or even worse, get up and come to her. If you’ve got something to say, you take your lazy arse upstairs and speak to her.
Ah no see if she wants something it's a shout from upstairs but if you want something you need to go up and say it in person because "obviously" she can't hear you.

I actually think my girlfriend intentionally waits until I have left a room to begin having a conversation with me at times.

She ended up having brown sauce instead. 

But today she had stovies with curry sauce. [emoji85]
I know someone who has beetroot with them

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Ah no see if she wants something it's a shout from upstairs but if you want something you need to go up and say it in person because "obviously" she can't hear you.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I actually think my girlfriend intentionally waits until I have left a room to begin having a conversation with me at times.

The solution to this is to completely ignore any shouts until she is raging enough to come into the room you are, at which point you calmly say you didn’t hear anything. Surefire way to create some seethe.

Currently my girlfriend is the only one out of her friends group who is not engaged.

Take a wild guess what she’s been constantly talking about for the last week after her first meet-up with them all since lockdown?

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Currently my girlfriend is the only one out of her friends group who is not engaged.

Take a wild guess what she’s been constantly talking about for the last week after her first meet-up with them all since lockdown?

The theory of relativity?

She's away to bed in the huff.
We have a 4 month old. I was reminded today that we had tickets for OCS in December. I could see her face screw up as I mentioned it but explained it probably won't go ahead.
She went off on one about how the wean needs to get used to folk before we can leave her with them and I am always offering my maw to watch the wean and we can't just go out and expect someone to be able to watch the wean.
I told her to f**k up and said it was one night in 5 months time. She then reminds me she had previously gone in the huff cos I had offered to take her to TRNSMT one day next year and expected us to just hand off the wean for a day.
Again I told her to f**k up as one day was 5 months away and the other was a fucking year away.
If she's not interested in going out together then I am just gonna go out maself and give her something to be fuckin huffy about.

Tread carefully here. She's maybe saying the wee one needs to get used to people but using it as an excuse to cover for the fact she's anxious to be away from your wee one - I expect a lot of first time mothers are the same. My wife certainly was. She wasn't angry when we left our eldest with the grandparents but she was definitely upset the first time. I don't know if it's maybe some kind of female attachment thing that we don't get but either way my approach was more reassurance than anger. My suggestion would be a practice run first; let your mum or in-laws take the wee one for a few hours or even a night. Your Mrs will know she can go collect her if need be/if the wee one is unsettled. Better that than her being at a concert further away. As someone else has already said, there could be PND in play as well.

I'm one for usually having the "get a grip" approach. But in this instance I don't. I think it's something we (men) will never really understand tbh.

The solution to this is to completely ignore any shouts until she is raging enough to come into the room you are, at which point you calmly say you didn’t hear anything. Surefire way to create some seethe.
I do regularly shout up that I can't hear her which is good at the time but definitely not worth the inevitable backlash.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

ETA: Serious point - she might have Post Natal Deprssion

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tread carefully here. She's maybe saying the wee one needs to get used to people but using it as an excuse to cover for the fact she's anxious to be away from your wee one - I expect a lot of first time mothers are the same. My wife certainly was. She wasn't angry when we left our eldest with the grandparents but she was definitely upset the first time. I don't know if it's maybe some kind of female attachment thing that we don't get but either way my approach was more reassurance than anger. My suggestion would be a practice run first; let your mum or in-laws take the wee one for a few hours or even a night. Your Mrs will know she can go collect her if need be/if the wee one is unsettled. Better that than her being at a concert further away. As someone else has already said, there could be PND in play as well.

I'm one for usually having the "get a grip" approach. But in this instance I don't. I think it's something we (men) will never really understand tbh.

Thanks guys. I had thought that after my initial seethe, so I am gonna just wait a wee bit then I will start taking her out for lunch etc. 

I am just fucking annoyed as the scenes of folk enjoying pints has me jealous despite the fact I don't actually want to go out near a pub just now. Just thinking ahead and wanting things back to "normal".

Thanks guys. I had thought that after my initial seethe, so I am gonna just wait a wee bit then I will start taking her out for lunch etc. 

I am just fucking annoyed as the scenes of folk enjoying pints has me jealous despite the fact I don't actually want to go out near a pub just now. Just thinking ahead and wanting things back to "normal".
Pay for her to get hair done and suggest your mum looks after the wee one as a trial run.
That way you can be nearby if needed and the wee yin gets used to your mum.
My wife was nervous with our first. Had to point out my folks had 4 kids and at that stage he was grandkid number 8. They know what they are doing.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I've given her a list.

I will not  verbally converse with you unless you are in the same room.

I will not respond to text messages that are solely, or contain wee pictures.

I will not respond to text messages with ludicrous abbreviations and/or slang.

If working at home a clear desk policy is in operation, work documents and small items of equipment should be put away when not in use.

None of this is unreasonable, but her reaction was.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've given her a list.

I will not  verbally converse with you unless you are in the same room.

I will not respond to text messages that are solely, or contain wee pictures.

I will not respond to text messages with ludicrous abbreviations and/or slang.

If working at home a clear desk policy is in operation, work documents and small items of equipment should be put away when not in use.

None of this is unreasonable, but her reaction was.

You just cannae get the underlings these days.

6 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Suggests what we should do, I say ‘aye okay’ only for her to suggest the same thing again giving reasons why it’s still a good idea.

That's making me seethe just reading that, I get this shite on a daily basis. I think they want you to fawn over how clever they are and how "lost" you would be without them.

What the f**k do I know though, just when I've got all all answers she changes the questions.

Edited by Crawford Bridge