Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

15 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Big lights on all the time, leaving doors open, and shouts down the phone for God knows why - does me napper in.

Mine does this a lot, too, particularly when conversing with her youngest daughter. I sometimes think the pair of them should just open their respective living room windows and shout.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not on Facebook, but Mrs SL is - cue, in the last hour, "oh no, the field at the side of Karen's house is flooded". Me - "who?" Her - " you know, thingwy's partner."

Neither wonder the whisky bottle level is showing a low level alarm.

I'm going to keep a diary of all the shite she tells me, then show her it at the end of the year.

She sat and told me some long winded story last night which, from what I grasp, is about someone we vaguely know's cat going missing. 

12 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I'm going to keep a diary of all the shite she tells me, then show her it at the end of the year.

She sat and told me some long winded story last night which, from what I grasp, is about someone we vaguely know's cat going missing. 

You should be thankful for the variety. I get the same shit on a loop. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not on Facebook, but Mrs SL is - cue, in the last hour, "oh no, the field at the side of Karen's house is flooded". Me - "who?" Her - " you know, thingwy's partner."

Neither wonder the whisky bottle level is showing a low level alarm.

Send her out in some wellies to help the stricken Karen and give you peace.

My working from home days at the moment are starting to get a bit tiring. Literally sitting the entire day listening to all of her work problems, and it’s just relentless. What is it with women and loving talking about incredibly menial and boring work topics in excruciating detail. Also constantly doing the classic ‘mention a random name from work and expect you to know exactly who it is’ which is riling me.

My working from home days at the moment are starting to get a bit tiring. Literally sitting the entire day listening to all of her work problems, and it’s just relentless. What is it with women and loving talking about incredibly menial and boring work topics in excruciating detail. Also constantly doing the classic ‘mention a random name from work and expect you to know exactly who it is’ which is riling me.

I feel your pain.

My other half got a new job in August. She's became friends with a few people in her old job and I've met them a good number of times so at least knew who she was talking about. With her new job, I wouldn't know any of them if they passed me in the street yet she still talks about them and tells me about them as if they're our best pals.

It seems to be a nightly routine where she'll tell me about so-and-so from work before the conversation ends with me saying "I have no idea who that is."

41 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I feel your pain.

My other half got a new job in August. She's became friends with a few people in her old job and I've met them a good number of times so at least knew who she was talking about. With her new job, I wouldn't know any of them if they passed me in the street yet she still talks about them and tells me about them as if they're our best pals.

It seems to be a nightly routine where she'll tell me about so-and-so from work before the conversation ends with me saying "I have no idea who that is."

I’m fairly certain they know that we have no idea who or what they’re on about, and are wanting us to ask questions so they can ramble on about it for longer. I’ve now got to the point of intentionally pretending I do know exactly so that she stops talking quicker.

”You won’t believe what’s just happened. Steve sent through a J231 form today, and it didn’t include any asset data. Janet was absolutely raging, can you believe he did that?!”

”Yeah unbelievable haha”

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Another one from working from home. For some bizarre reason whenever on a call she essentially shouts the entire time. Unsure if she thinks that people won’t be able to hear her otherwise, or if it’s just that she’s generally loud as f**k, but any time she is on a call I’m waiting on neighbours knocking on the door to tell us to shut the f**k up. And I would agree with them.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I feel your pain.

When we were first married my wife used to do this all the time, between workmates and relations, most of the time I hadn't a clue who she was talking about, I kind of tuned out and went "Aye", "Really" at what I hoped were the appropriate moments.

(Bear in mind my wife has 6 brothers and sisters + wives/husbands + an average of  nearly 3 children each, most of whom I had barely met. And don't get me started on her favourite cousins side of the family...)

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

My missus is getting annoyed with my "Same old shit" reply when she asks me everyday how work was/what I did at work.
I know this is ignorance on my side tae but nothing happens and if it did I'd tell her.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

My missus is getting annoyed with my "Same old shit" reply when she asks me everyday how work was/what I did at work.
I know this is ignorance on my side tae but nothing happens and if it did I'd tell her.

I literally reply “fine” when asked. The only reason they are asking is so that they can then go into a huge spiel detailing every second of their day.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Another one from working from home. For some bizarre reason whenever on a call she essentially shouts the entire time. Unsure if she thinks that people won’t be able to hear her otherwise, or if it’s just that she’s generally loud as f**k, but any time she is on a call I’m waiting on neighbours knocking on the door to tell us to shut the f**k up. And I would agree with them.

This is happening in the house as well. I've the volume set on the TV at a low peep and can hear it fine. She increases it to the point where it's actually irritating to listen to, and I'm not sure if she's going deaf, or if my cushy office/working from home life has meant my ears no longer tolerate noise. And while I can understand her having to talk louder at her work over a dying patient or a dozen alarms going off on medical equipment, you don't have to when you're in the house and all you can hear is the sound of the keyboard as I add posts to this thread. 

40 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I literally reply “fine” when asked. The only reason they are asking is so that they can then go into a huge spiel detailing every second of their day.

How cynical.

And yet...

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I feel your pain.

Sounds familiar.

Her: "Do you know [insert name] from work?"

Me: "No"

Her: "Well, ..."

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m fairly certain they know that we have no idea who or what they’re on about, and are wanting us to ask questions so they can ramble on about it for longer. I’ve now got to the point of intentionally pretending I do know exactly so that she stops talking quicker.

”You won’t believe what’s just happened. Steve sent through a J231 form today, and it didn’t include any asset data. Janet was absolutely raging, can you believe he did that?!”

”Yeah unbelievable haha”

Classic Steve!

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are you still getting woken up at 7 in the morning by your neighbours?

Guest bernardblack
4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I feel your pain brother. 

I have found a new level to this now....

Me: “how was your day?”

Her: “oh it was okay thanks, busy”

Me naively thinking to myself “oh yes no shite today”

*randomly three hours later*

Her: “you wouldn’t believe what (insert name here) did today...”

Edited by bernardblack