Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

46 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

How is this even possible?

The lids that went with the old pans got smashed, so for ages we cooked stuff without lids on the pans. He forgot that as soon as a lid is added to the pan it keeps things much hotter.

Pictured pan is currently still "steeping".

The lids that went with the old pans got smashed, so for ages we cooked stuff without lids on the pans. He forgot that as soon as a lid is added to the pan it keeps things much hotter.
Pictured pan is currently still "steeping".
Oxi cleaner is what you* need. B&M sell Astonish gear in a f**k off big tub for a good price.

*the diddy that couldnt cook rice

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've found the best thing for such situations is half a cup of washing powder in the pan with some water, bring it to the boil and scrub. Removes pretty much anything.

I found the best thing is learning how to cook fucking rice, but each to their own

Past wee while or so, I've totally detatched myself from Facebook. Sadly, my girlfriend still reads it. A lot, and just reads utter ****ing pish.

Anyone else's lady just sit and read you total shite? Like clickbait articles or news that is barely news, from the opposite end of the country.

She read me the whole menu and price list for a chicken wing festival taking place in Bristol in summer. We live in ****ing Edinburgh.

Not the same thing but if my missus decides to tell me about something she's read she will pull up the article and READ THE WHOLE FUCKING THING OUT LOUD rather than the pertinent couple of sentences.

3 from yesterday.

First one. Before going to sleep just like every night says "I love you" to which I reply "I love you too". Goes on rant about how I never say it first.

Second, get asked a question in a family whatsapp. Reply "Aye". She comes down the stairs to get on at me that I should have said "aye that would be nice" or similar"

Third. BB1 greeting about her duvet being all tucked in at 0130 when iv to be up at 0520. So I pulled it all out for her. Wife in bed starts moaning that it's a pain in the arse and gets all bumfled up. Aye, I'd be better off standing arguing with a  crying 3 year old about a fucking duvet at 0130 right enough. 

On 03/02/2021 at 16:50, Jacksgranda said:

A rice steamer is an excellent investment.

We used to have one when we lived in our flat with its huge kitchen. We have since moved into a house with a smaller kitchen and very little cupboard and counter space. Mind you, his coffee machine could mysteriously break I suppose.

On 03/02/2021 at 22:37, spud131 said:

Microwave rice from Aldi for 49p a sachet works out cheaper than new pans for those who can't cook rice.

The pots were something like £50 for the 3. We do get through loads of rice so I'm not sure that'd be the case.

Edited by Rizzo

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

We used to have one when we lived in our flat with its huge kitchen. We have since moved into a house with a smaller kitchen and very little cupboard and counter space. Mind you, his coffee machine could mysteriously break I suppose.

The pots were something like £50 for the 3. We do get through loads of rice so I'm not sure that'd be the case.

I'm not surprised if you burn half of it...

16 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Past wee while or so, I've totally detatched myself from Facebook. Sadly, my girlfriend still reads it. A lot, and just reads utter ****ing pish.

Anyone else's lady just sit and read you total shite? Like clickbait articles or news that is barely news, from the opposite end of the country.

She read me the whole menu and price list for a chicken wing festival taking place in Bristol in summer. We live in ****ing Edinburgh.

Not on Facebook, but Mrs SL is - cue, in the last hour, "oh no, the field at the side of Karen's house is flooded". Me - "who?" Her - " you know, thingwy's partner."

Neither wonder the whisky bottle level is showing a low level alarm.