Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Classic Steve!

Are you still getting woken up at 7 in the morning by your neighbours?

Nah the note has worked so he keeps it quiet enough now. Our living room (also her office now) is at the opposite end of the flat though, so her being loud as f**k doesn’t affect him.

Had to dig her van out the snow for her earlier and ended up going with her to drop off her delivery as she didn't fancy driving down the steep, untreated road out of our street. 

Popped by Tesco for a few things on the way back, including a pack of Stella for watching the 'Well game tonight, and I waited in the van whilst she went in. (responsible Covid shoppers).

In the space of the 10 mins she was in there she managed to phone me three fucking times, one of which was to ask if I was sure it was Stella I wanted. Ffs. 

Another one from working from home. For some bizarre reason whenever on a call she essentially shouts the entire time. Unsure if she thinks that people won’t be able to hear her otherwise, or if it’s just that she’s generally loud as f**k, but any time she is on a call I’m waiting on neighbours knocking on the door to tell us to shut the f**k up. And I would agree with them.
It could be her headset, the one given to me by my office was laughably shite that I found myself talking louder to be heard.
Swapped it out with the usb-c earphones I got with my phone (I have a set of airpods already but screw using them all day). No problems since

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

It could be her headset, the one given to me by my office was laughably shite that I found myself talking louder to be heard.
Swapped it out with the usb-c earphones I got with my phone (I have a set of airpods already but screw using them all day). No problems since

She doesn’t have a headset, it’s just through laptop speakers.

Edit: She does occasionally use basic headphones.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

13 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Talking about menial shite at work is in a woman's DNA. Sorry lads.

Genuine question, why?

The last thing I want to talk about is boring work stuff during work, never mind to someone outside of work, so I just don’t understand what you get out of it?

My gf bores the shite out of me every day after work, even though we’re literally 12 feet max apart from each other in different rooms all day, and I hear most of the conversations she has. I couldn’t give a f**k about any of it, just say your day was fine/shite and let’s crack on with discussing absolutely anything other than work.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

My gf bores the shite out of me every day after work, even though we’re literally 12 feet max apart from each other in different rooms all day, and I hear most of the conversations she has. I couldn’t give a f**k about any of it, just say your day was fine/shite and let’s crack on with discussing absolutely anything other than work.

"What happened at work today?"

"The p***k in the next office annoyed the f**k out of me"

46 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Genuine question, why?

The last thing I want to talk about is boring work stuff during work, never mind to someone outside of work, so I just don’t understand what you get out of it?

Apparently it's an evolutionary thing to help cohesiveness across large groups. Just the fact of exchanging information seems to be important for this, irrespective of whether that information is relevant or useful, never mind interesting. 

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Genuine question, why?

I've no idea, maybe due to our love of gossiping. Honestly can't help myself telling Ruggy what's happening at my work and I know he couldn't give a f**k either! 

16 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I've no idea, maybe due to our love of gossiping. Honestly can't help myself telling Ruggy what's happening at my work and I know he couldn't give a f**k either! 

If I was telling someone something and knew they weren’t actually listening and were making it obvious they weren’t and didn’t care by just randomly inserting platitudes in response every now and again, I think I’d just not bother.

Women are mental.

Edited by Honest_Man#1
Removed “fair enough” as it isn’t!

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I've had that this week. She had to work from home so I could hear the inane shite live as it happened. I went and dug both cars and about 100 yards of road out to increase her chances of going in tomorrow.

She then went to the shop and got stuck coming back and had to call me for a push. I got there and the car is on a flat bit of road, a downward incline if anything. The wheels spinning like fùck. I put one hand on it and told her to start it in second gear, off it went.

Roll on tomorrow.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Guest bernardblack
3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

30 years happily married last year and Valentine's Day is still a thing for her. Sighhhh

Yup. 

“are we doing cards?”

oh ffs 

Wears the thinnest clothes all day. Leaves every door open because "it feels strange" to close them. Leaves the bathroom window open most of the morning because we've had a shower. Stands with the back door wide open for 5 minutes when letting the dog out instead of closing it behind her. Then complains it's cold all day so puts the heating on with every heater full blast including the ones in rooms we're not in until at least 5 hours later.

The wife is particularly fond of not only continuing a long winded story after I've made it clear that I already know it (to the point I ask if its the one that ends with x), but going in a huff when I don't react in the right way.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The wife is particularly fond of not only continuing a long winded story after I've made it clear that I already know it (to the point I ask if its the one that ends with x), but going in a huff when I don't react in the right way.

tl/dr

Even the simplest story is filled with irrelevant details. Instead of saying, for example, "Edna at work got that promotion she applied for", I'll get: "I was speaking to Edna his afternoon. It must have been about half past two because it was after that parcel was delivered but before my three o'clock meeting. Edna's the one that's married to Norman the accountant and lives in Moonee Ponds, they've got two kids. Anyway I was speaking to her and she told me that last Friday... or was it Thursday? Oh no it must have been Thursday because Edna has every other Friday off and she's working this week. So on Thursday, Jim the team leader, he's the one I told you about that sings in a choir in his spare time, called Edna not long after our morning team meeting and told her he had some news for her. Turns out she got that promotion she applied for."