Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Htf do they constantly manage to lose their phones?

This x much.

When I'm at home it's either charging on the table or it's sitting next to a water jug.  Same with the wife and son's.  And house keys.  Why is that so difficult?

16 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

No great story to it. The pub was busy and she tried desperately to engage every one of the exclusively male clientelle at one point or another, including the really old fellas, eventually trying to strike up conversation with me after trying everyone else. Even the hoors don't want me. She was steaming as well. The whole thing was very awkward and pretty sad.

Not the best pub story you have.

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Htf do they constantly manage to lose their phones?

Or keys, or purses, or bank card, or phone chargers.

I think I've lost my wallet once in my near 36 years of life.  She loses one of those things once a month and we've been together 7 years.

55 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think I've lost my wallet once in my near 36 years of life.  She loses one of those things once a month and we've been together 7 years.

If my phone is in my trouser pocket, it might occasionally slip out See the source image ending up on the chair, causing mild panic for a few seconds but retrieved fairly quickly. Same with car keys, sometimes they slip out of my pocket. I think I've lost my bank card once ( but not "lost" in the sense it had to be replaced). In fact, I don't think I've ever lost car keys, house keys, office keys, mobile phone or my wallet and I include my drinking years in that and I'm 68.

My phone is usually in the breast pocket of my shirt, bedside table or getting charged. Fairly simple stuff, imo. Keys and wallet in trouser pocket. I mean they've a purse and a f****** handbag not to mention pockets to keep all that stuff in.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's not just women though -  My old man is pretty adept at losing stuff.   The 4 of us went to Florida and by the time we had arrived at the hotel he had managed to lost his wallet twice (the first time we had gotten as far as 100 yards from the house in the taxi, the second in the airport shuttle bus - the driver handed it in 30 minutes later) and his suitcase (that mysteriously reappeared as well but I forget the detail).  My old dear also lost a Pringle sweater (I know, I know) in a hotel in San Francisco as she put it in a "wardrobe" in the room which turned out to be a laundry drop closet - this only came to light months later.   They also managed to lose a side of roast on a bus one time, although they also found a tin of paint on another bus so swings and roundabouts I guess.  

It goes without saying they were entirely blameless  in all of the above situations.

I flew out of Manchester for my honeymoon so travelled down to the in laws (she's from merseyside) by train, alighting at Warrington.

Realised when we got to the house and she swanned out of the taxi with just her handbag whilst her mum and I grappled with about 5 suitcases that she had left the one small piece of handluggage she had been tasked with looking after in the train station.

Said hand luggage contained passports, foreign currency and around a £1000 in cash we had been given in cards at the wedding 2 nights before that I had not had an opportunity to bank.

Thank the lord for residual paranoia in Warrington about unattended packages. Somehow managed to retrieve the bag from a guard at the station before the bomb squad got there to securely destroy it.

An ex of mine left her purse on the car roof and drove off from the petrol station at the Gyle. The purse was lost for good, or so we thought.

Years later the police were in touch. A guy had been killed after leaving a taxi on the M8 Westbound just off the Hermiston roundabout.

The police combed the scene for clues and found her purse in the verge. It was returned, slightly dishevelled for its time away, all contents intact.

She was actually questioned and then quickly eliminated from involvement in the crime.

The problem that time is she was heading away for a weekend and only found out about the lost purse when she got to Oban. Many tearful phone calls later I worked out a way to get some cash to her for her weekend, whilst I sat at home looking after the baby. Obviously it had became my problem to fix for her, as I had nothing else to do with my day.

22 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

An ex of mine left her purse on the car roof and drove off from the petrol station at the Gyle. The purse was lost for good, or so we thought.

Years later the police were in touch. A guy had been killed after leaving a taxi on the M8 Westbound just off the Hermiston roundabout.

The police combed the scene for clues and found her purse in the verge. It was returned, slightly dishevelled for its time away, all contents intact.

She was actually questioned and then quickly eliminated from involvement in the crime.

The problem that time is she was heading away for a weekend and only found out about the lost purse when she got to Oban. Many tearful phone calls later I worked out a way to get some cash to her for her weekend, whilst I sat at home looking after the baby. Obviously it had became my problem to fix for her, as I had nothing else to do with my day.

DIdnt know Oban was on the M8 westbound...

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's not just women though -  My old man is pretty adept at losing stuff.   The 4 of us went to Florida and by the time we had arrived at the hotel he had managed to lost his wallet twice (the first time we had gotten as far as 100 yards from the house in the taxi, the second in the airport shuttle bus - the driver handed it in 30 minutes later) and his suitcase (that mysteriously reappeared as well but I forget the detail).  My old dear also lost a Pringle sweater (I know, I know) in a hotel in San Francisco as she put it in a "wardrobe" in the room which turned out to be a laundry drop closet - this only came to light months later.   They also managed to lose a side of roast on a bus one time, although they also found a tin of paint on another bus so swings and roundabouts I guess.  

It goes without saying they were entirely blameless  in all of the above situations.

I did lose my wallet once, left it on a bus coming home from a night out, but the driver handed it in and I collected it the following day.

We've had a bit of a disagreement over the laundry basket.

My focus has been on fragmenting to keep dirty gym clothes and bleach stained cleaning stuff separate from anything else, protecting the laundry and allowing for efficient sorting.

She just throws everything together and then once a month or so, has a tantrum when some piece comes out bleach stained. She also gets annoyed when the whole basket requires tipping to locate pillow cases.

After an instance, she spends maybe a week following this protocol and then just goes back to the same behaviour.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

My focus has been on fragmenting to keep dirty gym clothes and bleach stained cleaning stuff separate from anything else, protecting the laundry and allowing for efficient sorting.

She just throws everything together and then once a month or so, has a tantrum when some piece comes out bleach stained. She also gets annoyed when the whole basket requires tipping to locate pillow cases.

After an instance, she spends maybe a week following this protocol and then just goes back to the same behaviour.

Not separating washing is not only the height of laziness, it’s also very apparent to anyone who lays eyes on their grey appearance.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

From the limited information in this post i've gained the impression that you're a serial killer. I think it's all the bleach.