Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Recently upgraded TV and my xbox one to a series x, have put the old ones in the bedroom so she can't watch Netflix and sky go in there.
For those unaware these are just apps that launch into the usual screens with auto sign in.
She had been using Netflix on it before the grand swap.

Now, apparently the controller is too difficult to use and heaven forfend that the battery low symbol came up, the controller has rechargeable battery pack in it and is USB b. Which there is a charger for at the side of the bed still (even though we use USB c and that is another story of daftness to be told).
So anytime she wants to watch something upstairs I have to stop what I am doing and set it all up for her.
If she wants to use downstairs it would be the same set up but the xbox series charges on usb c. Or she can use actual sky but watch the same stuff as upstairs...

Easy solution to this one. Completely ignore it until she gets seething enough to come into the same room to have a go, and at this point act oblivious and say you didn’t hear anything.

I have started doing this to be fair.

I just don’t understand how anyone could expect you to hear them when you’re 15+ feet away, a different part of the house, stood next to a washing machine and then moan and say you need your hearing checked when your response is “What?”

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Standing in the kitchen ironing with music playing.

Her (from upstairs): *Inaudible*

Me: I canny hear you

Her: *Inaudible*

Me: Aye - (rookie mistake)

Fully expect this to backfire in the next few days with her now arranging something without me knowing and her giving it the "You said aye on Wednesday when I asked".

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Sure I’ve posted this before but this is the absolute worst thing about my gf. Seems to actually leave the room we’re both in before beginning a conversation.

It’s genuinely infuriating.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Easy solution to this one. Completely ignore it until she gets seething enough to come into the same room to have a go, and at this point act oblivious and say you didn’t hear anything.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I have started doing this to be fair.

I just don’t understand how anyone could expect you to hear them when you’re 15+ feet away, a different part of the house, stood next to a washing machine and then moan and say you need your hearing checked when your response is “What?”

When I shout back that I haven't been able to understand her, I get moaned at for shouting.

10 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Recently upgraded TV and my xbox one to a series x, have put the old ones in the bedroom so she can't watch Netflix and sky go in there.
For those unaware these are just apps that launch into the usual screens with auto sign in.
She had been using Netflix on it before the grand swap.

Now, apparently the controller is too difficult to use and heaven forfend that the battery low symbol came up, the controller has rechargeable battery pack in it and is USB b. Which there is a charger for at the side of the bed still (even though we use USB c and that is another story of daftness to be told).
So anytime she wants to watch something upstairs I have to stop what I am doing and set it all up for her.
If she wants to use downstairs it would be the same set up but the xbox series charges on usb c. Or she can use actual sky but watch the same stuff as upstairs...

image.jpeg.2a9875396ce1c499f86829a89fc31096.jpeg

I'm with her on this one. No idea what you're on about.

+1 for the 'ignoring her' option when she shouts through the house. If you can't hear me shout "what?" then how the f**k am I supposed to hear what you're shouting. 

Will usually give her one "what" and then just wait for her to storm downstairs and ask why I'm ignoring her

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Your mistake is shouting back. I used to do this, but it just makes things worse.

I used to find myself shouting "I can't hear you when you shout from another room", only to immediately realise the error of my ways.

Now I just ignore her and say "I couldn't hear you with the tv / radio on".  

1 hour ago, deej said:

+1 for the 'ignoring her' option when she shouts through the house. If you can't hear me shout "what?" then how the f**k am I supposed to hear what you're shouting. 

Will usually give her one "what" and then just wait for her to storm downstairs and ask why I'm ignoring her

Shouting “what” is a mistake, as it shows you can actually hear her a bit, and she‘ll be raging that you’ve heard and not gone to where she is like a lapdog. Best to completely ignore and wait for her to appear.

Shouting “what” is a mistake, as it shows you can actually hear her a bit, and she‘ll be raging that you’ve heard and not gone to where she is like a lapdog. Best to completely ignore and wait for her to appear.
Sometimes a shout from upstairs is in relation to getting my NK, so its a dangerous game to ignore them all for me. I have to judge tone.

Text message just received (she's presumably sitting on her arse watching Miss Marple or equivalent brain rotting shite upstairs whilst Im in the office, at work):

"There's something behind the fireplace in the bedroom. Its really noisy. Im scared"

"Well its unlikely to be a reincarnation of Fred West so I'll stay put and have a look when I get in."

(wrong answer btw)

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Text message just received (she's presumably sitting on her arse watching Miss Marple or equivalent brain rotting shite upstairs whilst Im in the office, at work):

"There's something behind the fireplace in the bedroom. Its really noisy. Im scared"

"Well its unlikely to be a reincarnation of Fred West so I'll stay put and have a look when I get in."

(wrong answer btw)

Was it Harold Shipman??

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

(wrong answer btw)

It's one of those fat f**k squirrels.

We were going out on Sunday, I’d been out in the morning and the plan was that we’d basically just leave straight away when I got back. So I get back home, walk in the door and hang my keys up on the key rack (like I always do, every single time I walk in the door). Go for a quick piss, change and 2 minutes after getting in the door I’m ready to go. As I go to leave, I go to grab my keys and they’re not there. I ask her if she’s picked them up and she says, in a rather defensive tone, “no I picked up my keys (shows me said keys in her hand), I’ve not touched your keys”. So, I spend the next 5 minutes searching the only 2 places I have been in the 2 minutes I’ve entered the house and can’t see them anywhere. As we need to get going by this point I say f**k it, and take the spare car key. 

5 minutes into the car journey I hear her rustling about in her handbag and hear a set of keys jingling. Out come my keys. 

Obviously I put them in her handbag. I genuinely couldn’t even be arsed arguing about it.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sometimes a shout from upstairs is in relation to getting my NK, so its a dangerous game to ignore them all for me. I have to judge tone.

She’s playing you here. First time you appear after shouting upstairs that she wants pumped, she now knows forever that you can in fact hear everything. You should take the hit here and continue to ignore. If she wants pumped badly enough she can come downstairs.

47 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

She’s playing you here. First time you appear after shouting upstairs that she wants pumped, she now knows forever that you can in fact hear everything. You should take the hit here and continue to ignore. If she wants pumped badly enough she can come downstairs.

😂

All fair. Every bit of it. But I'm just a man....