Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Guest bernardblack

"He's overly literal. He says things he means and expects other people to as well"

"He's too good looking"

"He makes me so aroused that I can't focus"

Bloody dames, always whinging.

Would you believe he came home from his night out at a reasonable time, a bitty pished, only to say "love you" and then go quietly to bed.

The nerve of him not speaking to me for an hour.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Nine times out of ten, if I have plans, especially so when they've been planned for a relatively long time, on the allotted day she will announce she's exhausted or unwell and needs me on hand to assist with the kids. This has been going on for years, long before we became parents. The old excuse was that she was unhappy, unwell, depressed etc and needed me, now it's the kids. Happens so often I can set my watch by it.

That's pretty shit tbh. I moan about my missus, but I'll be honest here; she's pretty tolerant and knows I need to go out with the boys and get time away from her sometimes. That said, the older I get, the rarer these occasions become. Only time she's been really annoyed with me in recent years was when she was calling folk to find out where I was at 3 the following afternoon. I was unrepentant. She knew I was going out to Yellow Door and it would be messy, but I accept I should have called in or something.

Anyway, as long as you're not ripping the piss, you shouldn't have to put up with that.
I believe that one of the reasons men rarely win arguments is that we never remember examples of women's poor conduct, yet they seem able to instantly call up every misdemeanor from us off the top of their heads. We usually buckle and give in, as it's the path of least resistance.
You should avoid arguing about these things at the time, but keep a quiet note of them in your phone. Then, once you have 6 or 7 logged, sit down with her and in as non-aggressive a manner possible ask her if she has a problem with you seeing your friends. Explain to her that she seems to sabotage every occasion you have plans, and tell her that you wouldn't do the same to her. Try as hard as possible not to be angry. I think if you present it to her in an honest way then you might be surprised and get a positive response.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Least Terry Waites got a nice warm radiator to cuddle.

can imagine terry when he got home, spent some time with his family etc, first night out with the boys

"Terry when will you be home, im tired, had a bad day, need help with the housework, you promised you wouldnt be out long, you always stay out late"

next morning the poor b*****d was probably in thomas cook asking for the first flight back to lebanon

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Least Terry Waites got a nice warm radiator to cuddle.

The worst cruelty ever inflicted by terrorists was moving him from solitary to a shared radiator.

can imagine terry when he got home, spent some time with his family etc, first night out with the boys
"Terry when will you be home, im tired, had a bad day, need help with the housework, you promised you wouldnt be out long, you always stay out late"
next morning the poor b*****d was probably in thomas cook asking for the first flight back to lebanon

"You've been away five years and I've been stuck with the kids and the house with no help"