Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

13 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

It was a joke tbh.

The cable should be inserted into the socket facia where there is a wee slot for the usb rather than in the plug.

5 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Exactly, went to all the bother of buying and fitting new sockets with the USB slot and she puts the plug in. Small but significant. 

I did wonder if that was what it was. Tbf if i had the plug in my hand at the time, i would probably just plug it in instead of using the facia. Could always take it out and use the facia if she needs to put a different plug in.

6 hours ago, stimpy said:

Exactly, went to all the bother of buying and fitting new sockets with the USB slot and she puts the plug in. Small but significant. 

Unless she was screaming for such a socket, hardly infuriating.

Makes sense too, if you want to keep the cable with the plug.

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

IMG_20230825_161635.thumb.jpg.75d2495040040a27a2c3c0cfdb8d42d3.jpg

Off the bat, as well as the obvious three connections when there is a perfectly good single connection available, the left hand plug is upside down and the mouldings are 2 different colours.  Wallpaper is nice though.

The wife has a very bad habit of not shutting doors quietly or properly. Her party piece is sitting on the nearest part of the sofa nearest the door, and pushing it shut with her hand rather than just getting up to shut it properly using the handle.

15 hours ago, philpy said:

The wife has a very bad habit of not shutting doors quietly or properly. Her party piece is sitting on the nearest part of the sofa nearest the door, and pushing it shut with her hand rather than just getting up to shut it properly using the handle.

Mine gets up about half an hour before me and spends this time having a cupboard slamming competition while shouting to the dogs as if they're in another postcode

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Doesn't matter if she's upstairs, downstairs or the other side of the planet, if she shouts I need to get up to see what she wants, if I shout I get met with "you'll need to come here I can't hear you".

Sorry, what was that? 

22 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Last night Mrs Salt and Vinegar and my good self were getting ready to go out. She said that she would take her old bag out.

She looked at me and said "Don't you DARE!"

I hadn't said a word, but I was the one who got the row.

But you were thinking it, weren't you?  

Guilty as charged. 

Makes soup too hot and tea lukewarm at best.  I could live with the opposite but how hard can it be to get both to a moderately hot temperature? It's the same with most dishes she serves up - some elements on the plate are hot and others distinctly cool.  

On 29/08/2023 at 07:51, Empty It said:

Doesn't matter if she's upstairs, downstairs or the other side of the planet, if she shouts I need to get up to see what she wants, if I shout I get met with "you'll need to come here I can't hear you".

This is far and away the easiest issue to fix though, just do not respond until she appears then tell her you couldn’t hear her.

20 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is far and away the easiest issue to fix though, just do not respond until she appears then tell her you couldn’t hear her.

I get the same, it's loud enough to be irritating but unintelligible at the same time. I do ignore it most of the time.

Another is putting the sound up on her phone when the telly is on. I crack up instantly when that happens. She's usually watching her pal's niece's baby shower, or something of equal importance.