Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I emptied a basin of water down the sink this morning and some of it came out through the bottom of the cupboard door. Spent about 45 minutes investigating (a seal on a pipe has degraded and come away) cleaning, and booking a plumber, while keeping any resulting excess water in the basin in the sink.

She gets up at her usual leisurely hour, listens to me summarise the position then empties the basin down the sink. 

Then, while protesting that she is not, in fact, dim witted (i disagreed) she turned the fucking tap on! 

We just got new worktops and as we had no drains fitted up for a few days I had to take the tap off to ensure this exact same thing didnt happen.

If I had just said "dont use it because......." I would have been a "patronising b*****d" I imagine.

On 10/08/2023 at 23:08, stimpy said:

My wife won't ask me when she wants something, she'll speak round it and around it and get angry if I'm not paying attention and pick up on her wee cues. This is not a good situation as I'm of a mind that if you want something then ask and I'll say aye or no. Its almost always aye so where's the worry. So it frustrates the hell outa me when she doesn't ask. How bloody hard is it to say you want to go to fuckin Aldi! 

All female women are like that, in my experience.

I think they are genetically programmed to not get to the point.

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

All female women are like that, in my experience.

I think they are genetically programmed to not get to the point.

I’m treading fearfully here in case of attracting escapees from the Politics Thread, but are there any others sorts? 

On 15/08/2023 at 12:51, scottsdad said:

We work at the same place. And we have a routine - I drive, and she has her music on in the mornings, and on the way home I get some decent tunes on. 

This morning, dropping her off outside her building, loads of people milling about including a few folk I know. She is exiting the car and all the bystanders hear is Steps blaring out of the speakers of my car, with me in the driving seat. 

Absolute beamer. 

Instead of arsing around with shite puns, I'd suggest the next time she tries putting Steps on in your car you just give her pie a good boot scootin' , baby.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

I emptied a basin of water down the sink this morning and some of it came out through the bottom of the cupboard door. Spent about 45 minutes investigating (a seal on a pipe has degraded and come away) cleaning, and booking a plumber, while keeping any resulting excess water in the basin in the sink.

She gets up at her usual leisurely hour, listens to me summarise the position then empties the basin down the sink. 

Then, while protesting that she is not, in fact, dim witted (i disagreed) she turned the fucking tap on! 

Not seeing the problem, as it’s her mess to clear up, surely?

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

Ive done that before. Unscrewed the ubend to unblock her hair out the plug with a basin to collect the manky water then after job done stood up and dumped said manky water back down the plug! 

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

She has booked one of the boys that come round and deep clean your oven 2mr.....she is cleaning the oven tonight 🤣

Women are bonkers 

Can't let the professional oven cleaners come in to a dirty oven, whatever would they think of you ffs!!

Mines' the same, had a guy out recently to clean the stair carpet. Was giving it a once over herself the night before. Lunatics every one of them. 

Herself does the same. We’ve a cleaner come in once a fortnight, and the night before she comes round the wife does a fortnights worth of cleaning ahead of time. 

The cleaner has more than once said we’ve too clean a house to need a cleaner and is surprised we booked her. 

15 hours ago, doulikefish said:

She has booked one of the boys that come round and deep clean your oven 2mr.....she is cleaning the oven tonight 🤣

Women are bonkers 

Update she has just sent me a WhatsApp telling me she is mortified because of the amount of scrubbing he has had to do