Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

19 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

She has discovered Temu.How much pointless crap can be ordered just because it's cheap 

Not sure if it was on here or not but apparently that site is very dodgy. Card details being sold on or something.

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

She has discovered Temu.How much pointless crap can be ordered just because it's cheap 

But she's shopping like a billionaire! She likes it; it's hers! The prices blow her mind! She feels so rich!

So weird to see a platform advertised as a mood stabilizer rather than for the products it carries.

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Not sure if it was on here or not but apparently that site is very dodgy. Card details being sold on or something.

Data mining is the only way that their business can be profitable. 17p cleaning kit whilst your card details and name and address are sold on for mega bucks. 

That said if your a PSNI polis and a registered voter the name and address are already out there so wire in.

Long winded voice messages on WhatsApp. They're getting longer and more frequent and when she's sent one when she's out and about, often sound like she's recorded it standing in the middle of the track at Silverstone.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Data mining is the only way that their business can be profitable. 17p cleaning kit whilst your card details and name and address are sold on for mega bucks. 

That said if your a PSNI polis and a registered voter the name and address are already out there so wire in.

Probably a total coincidence, but the only time I've had my card details nicked was about a week after opening an Alibaba account and making my first (and only) purchase with that card.

Massive amounts of takeaway, Netflix gift cards, and a £600 Secret Escapes holiday. The rock 'n' roll lifestyle of the card scammer.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

So Temu has a scam in the UK too? In the U.S. the prices are so low because they operate under a hazy portion of the customs laws that let them skip duties on all the items, what’s the UK scam? Also, the basic low prices seem to be due to forced labor of Uyghurs in Xinjiang.

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Long winded voice messages on WhatsApp. They're getting longer and more frequent and when she's sent one when she's out and about, often sound like she's recorded it standing in the middle of the track at Silverstone.

My wife started to send me voice messages a while back, she was told they won’t be getting listened to. Took her a while to get the message but they have stopped.

Dont get the point in them at all.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

My wife started to send me voice messages a while back, she was told they won’t be getting listened to. Took her a while to get the message but they have stopped.

Dont get the point in them at all.

I think some people just love the sound of there own voice so much the thought of communication without being able to hear it they can’t comprehend.

Just now, parsforlife said:

I think some people just love the sound of there own voice so much the thought of communication without being able to hear it they can’t comprehend.

tbf I prefer receiving voice notes to texts if I'm in the house. I also don't enjoy texting, Saying that, I often take about three takes to record a voice note as I end up rambling too much. I dare say the beloveds of the complainants here don't exercise such restraint and self awareness.

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

tbf I prefer receiving voice notes to texts if I'm in the house. I also don't enjoy texting, Saying that, I often take about three takes to record a voice note as I end up rambling too much. I dare say the beloveds of the complainants here don't exercise such restraint and self awareness.

And that’s exactly the problem, voice note users love a ramble.  A text that should say can you pick up some milk ends in a 3 minute story.  No message or text should be more than 2 sentences long and frankly entering the 2nd sentence should raise alarm bells.   By the time you’ve read that you’ve barely got to the play button on a voice note.  If it’s too long to say quickly make a fucking call

Is Temu the latest Wish/Shein clone?

Mrs Khaki went through a phase of ordering no end of shite from Wish. Not once did any of the products she received remotely resemble what was advertised, but she seemed happy enough with most of it and it was her money she was spending, so pffft.

I suppose somebody has to prop up the entire PRC economy single-handedly.

It's thanks to WIsh that I found out that memory foam 'sex wedges' are an actual thing. And no, not because Mrs Khaki bought one.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Is Temu the latest Wish/Shein clone?

Mrs Khaki went through a phase of ordering no end of shite from Wish. Not once did any of the products she received remotely resemble what was advertised, but she seemed happy enough with most of it and it was her money she was spending, so pffft.

I suppose somebody has to prop up the entire PRC economy single-handedly.

It's thanks to WIsh that I found out that memory foam 'sex wedges' are an actual thing. And no, not because Mrs Khaki bought one.

Yes, Temu and Shein are near identical competitors in the “fast fashion work”. How it can be called fast fashion as most orders seem to travel via donkey to the classic slow boat from China…

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Anyone else’s partner had the heating on in the middle of summer?!

Also managed to smash the hob last night somehow.

Taco, Devil's Doorbell, Wee man in the boat. 'The Hob' is a new one on me for a good smashing.

3 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Anyone else’s partner had the heating on in the middle of summer?!

Also managed to smash the hob last night somehow.

My daughter does this . 20 degrees and she'll put the heating on . -6 and she'll open fkn windows. When I go on a rant she'll laugh at me and say blame it on the tism

5 minutes ago, dagane said:

My daughter does this . 20 degrees and she'll put the heating on . -6 and she'll open fkn windows. When I go on a rant she'll laugh at me and say blame it on the tism

At least she can be excused by way of (I presume) her autism, my wife's only defence is her utter cun-tism.

On 06/08/2023 at 12:32, Boo Khaki said:

I used to take turns with the Ex cooking the evening meal. We'd make exactly the same thing, using the exact same ingredients and cooking method. I'd tidy up as I went along, meaning that when I sat down to eat there was usually only the vessel for the cooking remaining to be cleaned. No great hardship. I'd washed a few spoons, the odd knife, perhaps a pan and a chopping board. Stick the cooking vessel in to soak. Done.

She cooks exactly the same thing. The kitchen would look like a bomb had gone off. Every pot, pan, utensil, chopping board, colander, grater, peeler, plate and bowl we owned, including stuff I had never seen that must have been hidden away at the back of some cupboard, would be piled up, utterly filthy, waiting to be washed. 

You've fucking triggered me here. I cannot fathom why she doesn't get rid of items/clean up as she goes.