The DUP

Blootoon87

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You would be more likely to get pigeonholed as being RC based on that, but as AFJ explained it is a combination of things. There are small things when people are talking like how they would say the alphabet when they get to the letter h that are used to tell people apart.

Crikey.

You're almost making me glad to live in the Tory Borders.

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

Norn Irish c***s on these boards love a "what about this thing that happened" news link. The terrorist gifs are poking fun at the fact the Tories are being propped up by even more extreme and right wing bigots and probably poking fun at the pathetic Jeremy Corbyn slander you alluded to .

So I'm now a Norn Irish c**t? Well reasoned argument old chum.

Nobody is arguing that the DUP are right wing and largely half-wits, I was merely pointing out that the terrorist gifs did not appear to the same degree for the darling of the left-wing hand-wringers. I can see no way whatsoever the gifs for the DUP  are "probably poking fun at the pathetic Jeremy Corbyn slander you alluded to".

Perhaps you could explain...............

2 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

So I'm now a Norn Irish c**t? Well reasoned argument old chum.

Nobody is arguing that the DUP are right wing and largely half-wits, I was merely pointing out that the terrorist gifs did not appear to the same degree for the darling of the left-wing hand-wringers. I can see no way whatsoever the gifs for the DUP  are "probably poking fun at the pathetic Jeremy Corbyn slander you alluded to".

Perhaps you could explain...............

c**t is a term of endearment in Glasgow. As regards the rest please hunt for more news stories about irrelevant violent crimes which were apparently committed by Catholics (despite no reference to that) to damn the famously bloodthirsty Jeremy Corbyn. Or don't.

Just now, The OP said:

c**t is a term of endearment in Glasgow. As regards the rest please hunt for more news stories about irrelevant violent crimes which were apparently committed by Catholics (despite no reference to that) to damn the famously bloodthirsty Jeremy Corbyn. Or don't.

No need as I am all too well aware of what happens on both sides. I was just trying to point out the contradictory response from some of our "paragons of virtue", until you tried to take it off track by dismissing it as whataboutery.

10 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Did I not say that the people best placed to know what the DUP are doing would be DUP members and, in particular the senior ones, so thanks for agreeing with me?

No, you specifically said that: 

the people best placed to know what the DUP are doing would be DUP members, followed by their voters

Which is a ranking that I do not agree with and isn't based on any facts. An ordinary DUP member is far less informed about what their party is seeking to accomplish in its talks with the Tory administration than several ranks of political journalists across the UK, as well as other relevant experts in the field such as academics. And a DUP voter is absolutely irrelevant in the context of high-level political discussions between two political parties. So the true ranking is:

Senior party officials 

Informed outside observers (multiple layers here)

Ordinary party members

With DUP voters entirely out of the loop. So the question of whether someone has the right name to highlight DUP priorities is completely redundant. 

I was merely pointing out the sad tribal reflections that still exist in Norn Iron as, I suspect, was LTL.

No, LTL was simply demonstrating his own "sad, tribal reflections" by shouting down a standard retweet of a Times political story covered today because the person who did so had a 'Catholic' first name. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, The OP said:

There is absolutely no way you could pick out a Glaswegian without hearing their accent. Given we are inter alia Irish, Lowlanders, Highlanders, Poles, Pakistanis, Scots, English, Chinese, Italian and Welsh this should be obvious.

Surely given we are Catholic, Protestant, Irish and Scottish the ridiculousness of the "you can tell a Catholic" chat is exposed to all. Not to mention dyke jumpers and soup takers.

Although, in saying all that, Barry Ferguson looks like a weevil and a ***.

I've pick out a Glaswegian on the other side of Times Square in NY and then crossed over the street and said hello.

Fat pasty looking chunts with big tits looking around like its Sauchiehall St.

It's hardly a trick:

Just now, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

No need as I am all too well aware of what happens on both sides. I was just trying to point out the contradictory response from some of our "paragons of virtue", until you tried to take it off track by dismissing it as whataboutery.

It is the most clear cut case of whataboutery I've ever seen on here.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Incidentally, you are the one saying the crimes were committed by Catholics, not me. I was happy to regard them as being committed by an organisation that Jeremy is a big fan of.

Just now, Glenconner said:

I've pick out a Glaswegian on the other side of Times Square in NY and then crossed over the street and said hello.

Fat pasty looking chunts with big tits looking around like its Sauchiehall St.

It's hardly a trick:

Good point. There are absolutely no fat white people in America.

Incidentally, you are the one saying the crimes were committed by Catholics, not me. I was happy to regard them as being committed by an organisation that Jeremy is a big fan of.

I just assumed given your whataboutery that they were. I would have been able to infer nothing of the sort from the actual story and I care little about what goes on in NI.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

No, you specifically said that: 

the people best placed to know what the DUP are doing would be DUP members

Which is a ranking that I do not agree with and isn't based on any facts. An ordinary DUP member is far less informed about what their party is seeking to accomplish in its talks with the Tory administration than several ranks of political journalists across the UK, as well as other relevant experts in the field such as academics. And a DUP voter is absolutely irrelevant in the context of high-level political discussions between two political parties. So the true ranking is:

Senior party officials 

Informed outside observers (multiple layers here)

Ordinary party members

With DUP voters entirely out of the loop. So the question of whether someone has the right name to highlight DUP priorities is completely redundant. 

No, LTL was simply demonstrating his own sad, tribal 'reflections' by shouting down a standard retweet of a Times political story covered today - because the person who did so had a 'Catholic' first name. 

I did say that the best placed people would be DUP members, but you are right, senior party members would know more, much more. Point taken about the voters, although I would expect/hope that anyone voting for any party would be sufficiently interested to know more about their chosen party than the man in the street. Then again.............................

17 minutes ago, The OP said:

Norn Irish c***s on these boards love a "what about this thing that happened" news link. The terrorist gifs are poking fun at the fact the Tories are being propped up by even more extreme and right wing bigots and probably poking fun at the pathetic Jeremy Corbyn slander you alluded to.

Norn Irish c***s. .. Really?

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I just assumed given your whataboutery that they were. I would have been able to infer nothing of the sort from the actual story and I care little about what goes on in NI.

Yet, strangely, you come on here and refer to Northern Irish c***s and their whataboutery, not to mention being on similar threads in the past.

Yet, strangely, you come on here and refer to Northern Irish c***s and their whataboutery, not to mention being on similar threads in the past.

I remember it being extremely tedious on the cricket thread when every time anyone was hit with a bat in NI you'd get a BBC news link.

6 minutes ago, The OP said:

Good point. There are absolutely no fat white people in America.

Pasty ain't white, pasty is 2 hours after death.

Most Glaswegians don't even go brown in sunshine they go reddish/orange.

Is the t-shirt tucked in or out.

Are the wearing a belt.

And they don't particularly scrub up that well.

And then there's the glaiket look, real give away.

Edited by Glenconner

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Pasty ain't white, pasty is 2 hours after death.

Most Glaswegians don't even go brown in sunshine they go reddish/orange.

Is the t-shirt tucked in or out.

Are the wearing a belt.

And they particularly scrub up that well.

And then there's the glaiket look, real give away.

Glaswegians in New York tend to be unable to afford belts, good point.

Edited by The OP

Just now, The OP said:

...you'd get a BBC news link.

Is it to that article where Salmond said he believes the SNP should work with the DUP if it meant the SNP would have more influence in parliament?.............