Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

My point was they think this needs spent straight away - and it's way too high a figure anyway.

Yep, clubs can invest at their own pace and 50-60k will get you compliant floodlights.  A decent wee run in the Scottish cup and voila .....

I wasn't suggesting that the whole of the 16 clubs in the WRJFA Premier league would apply.  Let's say that 12 do apply, then I'd take that 12, the next two highest placed placed applicants from the championship, plus say a couple from the current tier 6 SoSFL if they are interested. Obviously the numbers would be flexible. 

Seems sensible to me. Even 18 teams so will appeal to more teams with both top half in current West Region Championship and South of Scotland teams like Bonnyton. 

Have 3 relegated / promoted spots so teams like Petershill can be promoted if good enough.

Anyway. 90k floodlights [emoji848]

East teams how much did it cost you to install? How did local council give you grants...? Let us know....

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

You could probably just, and I mean just, go to 54, which would be 18 x 3 confs. Which is effectively what the EOS did this season with a 34 game inter-conference season.

I must admit that the conference play off games between Bonnyrigg, Broxburn and Penicuik last season, were terrific entertainment both for the clubs' fans and neutrals alike.

55 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

My point was they think this needs spent straight away - and it's way too high a figure anyway.

Here is the problem, yet another myth that's being peddled to WRJFA teams.  They don't need a licence to join the WOSFL they don't have to have floodlights to join the WOSFL.  The only time they need to put in floodlights is to get a licence to play in the Scottish cup or to be eligible for promotion they can happily play at tier 6 down without floodlights until the end of days.  

If clubs are so badly informed by this point that they still buy into £90,000 floodlights or £250,000 toilets to join the WOSFL then there is absolutely no hope for them and they will certainly drink the Kool Aid and stick with the WRJFA and be left on the outside looking in.  

Did anyone correct this myth at the meeting? 

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Here is the problem, yet another myth that's being peddled to WRJFA teams.  They don't need a licence to join the WOSFL they don't have to have floodlights to join the WOSFL.  The only time they need to put in floodlights is to get a licence to play in the Scottish cup or to be eligible for promotion they can happily play at tier 6 down without floodlights until the end of days.  

If clubs are so badly informed by this point that they still buy into £90,000 floodlights or £250,000 toilets to join the WOSFL then there is absolutely no hope for them and they will certainly drink the Kool Aid and stick with the WRJFA and be left on the outside looking in.  

San Starko 100% agreed

but these people who thinks this either haven't done any research or just out to shit stir and confuse many others during this process and what's worrying is that some of these people are in committees or in power at associations stating these myths

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

How much for floodlights on average for teams that have recently been licensed? How did you raise funds, get grants and council help with it?

A few have had council assistance other have done some kind of crowd funding.  There's three threads running on licencing (1 in LL and 2 in EOS) the info you seek will be in these threads.   

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

San Starko 100% agreed

but these people who thinks this either haven't done any research or just out to shit stir and confuse many others during this process and what's worrying is that some of these people are in committees or in power at associations stating these myths

Yup, the amount of BS circulating is unreal and i suspect deliberate by certain parties.  The Lowland League need to make sure the FACTS are presented to teams at their meeting so teams can go back to their members and supporters give them the FACTS and let them make an informed decision.  It does baffle me that so many clubs seem to be clueless about the basics of joining the pyramid there are several clubs in the EOSFL who until recently were SJFA members and rivals, pick up the phone ask them the pros, cons and basic requirements.  Then make the decision that is best for your club to either go Senior or remain Junior.   

32 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Funnily enough, it was the second West Region rep there that said his club were quoted £55K. I'd say from Largs point of view they are more interested in the SFA Licence and entry into the Scottish Senor Cup than climbing up the Pyramid.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Funnily enough, it was the second West Region rep there that said his club were quoted £55K. I'd say from Largs point of view they are more interested in the SFA Licence and entry into the Scottish Senor Cup than climbing up the Pyramid.

ffs common, that's not the cost to join the pyramid structure /seniors. That's a quote from one company to supply floodlights for any team who wants to get licensed. I'm sure there are other companies and deals can be struck

I would advice any team/club not to get floodlights straight away as there is no rush, get your house in order, make sure you have everything in place to get ready for when you get floodlights.

Any junior teams can join the pyramid and not get licensed for year and years and then all of a sudden decide to go and get licensed.

Nothing is guaranteed in business, you still have to put out a winning team in order to get the chance even if you are licensed, so why rush

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

£55k is about right, £35k will buy all the kit new for a 300lux led system

however you get a set of halide lights for under a grand and poles for £20k if your club can do most of the work themselves 

Oh, ffs...this how all the mis-information and name calling starts on social media. Guy from Raith Rovers puts it about that WR are telling clubs that it costs ninety grand for floodlights before you can join up. Bullshit. Didn't happen. WR reps clearly explained that you only need lights if you're in the position to be promoted to the LL. Clearly explained that would be the case regardless of the feeder league you were coming out from. Guy writes stuff on P&B and it becomes fact in big capital letters....And another thing,...about a squillion pages back, a young man who gives up his free time to film games for us all to watch was internet bullied for merely asking a question. His "neutrality" was queried (by someone who should know better) as if it was some sort of fault because he hadn't yet made up his mind and asked for further information.

Think some of you need to catch a wee grip here....I'm particularly looking at the guy that called Bobby MacNamara a liar. You do know that we can all see what you've written, mate ? 

7 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

I can see what folk are posting, I just know, to my own detriment at times, there is two sides to everything and find it a bit lazy to blame everything on incompetance of some Jurassic type organisation or figure.

That would be true if there was no evidence of that incompetence.

7 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

I can see what folk are posting, I just know, to my own detriment at times, there is two sides to everything and find it a bit lazy to blame everything on incompetance of some Jurassic type organisation or figure.

Occam's Razor.

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

.And another thing,...about a squillion pages back, a young man who gives up his free time to film games for us all to watch was internet bullied for merely asking a question. His "neutrality" was queried (by someone who should know better) as if it was some sort of fault because he hadn't yet made up his mind and asked for further information.

I questioned his neutrality after he questioned my word. I do not make up stuff on here and don't appreciate being 'fact-checked,' as he put it, as if I was 'at it'.

He has also come out and said he backs the West Region over the LL/EoS:

On 29/02/2020 at 13:41, Killiepiyo said:

Be interesting to see how it all plays out, I would rather a west region ran league than some LL league run mystery box 🤷‍♂️

and while responding to 'fact-checking' me, yet again made that point. Pretending to fence sit while looking for evidence of the 'other side's weaknesses and asking no questions of the side he has already claimed to be backing? That is not neutral.

Would also reiterate my own position: always been in favour of the pyramid concept (wider view rather than PFC perspective) but did want the whole West region to be it. In fact, I wanted the SJFA running all football below tier 5. But that didn't happen (it could and should have done though). Then when 'west all in' was floated I backed that. Again, that didn't happen due to SJFA pushing for parity in East (against all evidence it would succeed). So West going it alone was a good bet - but it was never offered by SJFA. The door was closed and the game changed.

There is now a genuine danger that this counter-proposal is what 'leaves clubs behind' if they are thrown into doubt by it and miss the boat/bus/opportunity etc. 

Edited by cmontheloknow