Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

What would be interesting to know is the average age of the committees of the East clubs that moved (and Dunipace) against the average age of the committees of those that refused to move.

Did Blackburn have a committee that's significantly younger than the likes of Armadale for example?

Were those who grew up on Junior crowds in the double / low triple figure era or who were new to the clubs but who could see the limited options available in the Junior leagues more open to change than those who have been involved since the days of the old King?

I suspect the ones who have been most resistant to change are the ones that are effectively kept going by a handful of older guys. It's a fact of life that people become more conservative (with a small "c") as they get older, and if you've got that demographic completely in charge the pace of change will be glacial at best and non-existent at worst.

Not a dig at anyone - I know for sure maybe ten years ago my club was being largely run by guys who'd been there forever and wouldn't have been at all receptive to anything as radical as moving from the Juniors.

I imagine one of the first questions that would be asked if they tried taking legal action would be “Why didn’t you take action against the East region clubs when they left?” And at that point the case is fucked.

More likely to stop the new League setting up and poaching (?) clubs.
Poaching clubs? Who has done that? I didn't realise the LL had contacted clubs directly to ask if they wanted to join, I thought they made an announcement and left it up to clubs to put their interest out there.

I'm not sure you can stop a new league being started.....did they do that for the LL being started? Did they do anything in the east or when the HL started?

The sjfa appear doomed to perpetual mishandling of this situation and just cant seem to admit they missed an open goal.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I imagine one of the first questions that would be asked if they tried taking legal action would be “Why didn’t you take action against the East region clubs when they left?” And at that point the case is fucked.

I vaguely remember some claim from that direction that clubs could be forced to serve out a notice period before being allowed to leave - a year or whatever.

Obviously the clubs concerned collectively said "Aye...nae bother..." and left anyway with no repercussions.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

I vaguely remember some claim from that direction that clubs could be forced to serve out a notice period before being allowed to leave - a year or whatever.

Obviously the clubs concerned collectively said "Aye...nae bother..." and left anyway with no repercussions.

And how would they enforce it? If there was such a thing as a notice period, the clubs affected could just say: "aye, we'll let our first team play EOS and field a team of kids in the ERJFA". 

4 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The years notice rule relates to clubs changing Regions  eg Montrose Roselea.   There is nothing the SJFA can do to prevent clubs from resigning from membership.

11 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I don't think it will be against clubs. I think it will be against the new League they are talking about. I also don't think  anything will happen legally like they say.

11 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Aye ,fair point.

Just looking up towns diddier than Stranraer with league teams........

Quite a few.

Dingwall 5,491

Cove 7,157

Brechin 7,199

Annan 9,000 approx

Stenhousemuir  10,190

Methil 10,800

(Yes,yes I know Larbert is contiguous with Stenhousemuir and Methil part of Levenmouth)

From way up in the Highlands, Uncle Bob has now joined in the "population game" :

Elgin   (SPFL)               23,128

Fort William  (HFL)    10,459

Thurso   (NCL)               7,930

All taken from the official 2011 census.

Good fun this !!

10 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Poaching clubs? Who has done that? I didn't realise the LL had contacted clubs directly to ask if they wanted to join, I thought they made an announcement and left it up to clubs to put their interest out there.

I'm not sure you can stop a new league being started.....did they do that for the LL being started? Did they do anything in the east or when the HL started?

The sjfa appear doomed to perpetual mishandling of this situation and just cant seem to admit they missed an open goal.

I think this may be their only course. I think it is just a threat and won't mount to anything.

I'm doing a lot of "thinking" this morning.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

I don't think it will be against clubs. I think it will be against the new League they are talking about. I also don't think  anything will happen legally like they say.

I'm sure clubs will be thrilled at the prospect of the WRJFA trying to stop the new league a lot of them want to join, and further add to delays.

Not that it will happen.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I'm sure clubs will be thrilled at the prospect of the WRJFA trying to stop the new league a lot of them want to join, and further add to delays.

Not that it will happen.

It won't happen and I think that email may just have made the decision a little easier for some clubs.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Same concept really, though I’m sure legally someone could earn a bit of money arguing otherwise. Definitely comes across as a death rattle.

The years notice rule relates to clubs changing Regions  eg Montrose Roselea.   There is nothing the SJFA can do to prevent clubs from resigning from membership.
"Any club intending to resign from a Region must give 12 months notice to that Region and the Scottish Junior FA."
Taken directly from the freely available SJFA Constitution

11 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It's ultimately an empty threat...it's the equivalent of a local pub everyone's drunk in for years because there's no alternative attempting to stop a new one opening along the road because they know everyone will start drinking there as the beer will be cheaper and the bogs don't smell of piss.

Edited by Hillonearth

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think big tam tried to suggest they had to give a years notice

Would there be anything to stop a club playing their under 19’s for a season while the first team transfers to the WOSL?