Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

22 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

"Any club intending to resign from a Region must give 12 months notice to that Region and the Scottish Junior FA."
Taken directly from the freely available SJFA Constitution

Funny that no one seems to have told Kennoway, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Lochgelly, Rosyth or Thornton that they can't leave the Juniors.

2 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Two Buffs teams next year

E5DA5AF5-A48C-43C9-A46A-EA50BDAA0F83.jpeg

🤣😂

Did I miss the EGM to agree this? are members wishes being completely ignored.

This is comedy.  Here's an application, BTW we'll take you to court if you ignore it.

Edited by Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

And how do they propose to "ensure" getting into the pyramid when the LL and EoS have to sign off on changes to the promotion playoff to get into the LL? Transparently obvious as a deliberate attempt to confuse people at meetings being held soon by the various clubs.

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Person on the West Region management committee speaks

And it seems our old friend JuniorFitbaSC has been talking about "illegalities", if anyone cares to screenshot it.

All will be revealed ??

What's he gonna do ?

Threaten to flash at the Club Chairmen if they don't stay junior ?

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

All will be revealed ??

What's he gonna do ?

Threaten to flash at the Club Chairmen if they don't stay junior ?

Bullies bully. Self-propelled on fear and specifically fear of non-conformity. Grudges and kangaroo courts held. It's all they seem to know.

Edited by cmontheloknow

13 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Would this WoSFL initiative be a Senior League or a Junior League or a Hybrid League designed to keep the blazers in post? Somebody please enlighten me.

How can this initiative be launched without approval from an EGM rushed through by the WRJFA?

It appears that the WRJFA Executive have seriously compromised themselves. Would suggest that a complaint is made to the SFA that WRJFA initiative has not followed the due process and is unconstitutional and invalid.

Just now, Pyramidic said:

Would this WoSFL initiative be a Senior League or a Junior League or a Hybrid League designed to keep the blazers in post? Somebody please enlighten me.

How can this initiative be launched without approval from an EGM rushed through by the WRJFA?

It appears that the WRJFA Executive have seriously compromised themselves. Would suggest that a complaint is made to the SFA that WRJFA initiative has not followed the due process and is unconstitutional and invalid.

It's just a load of absolute bollocks to try and stop clubs leaving. Kilbirnie drinking the kool aid in fairness to them.

I'm struggling to find exactly what the sjfa, or more specifically the wrsjfa are looking to achieve out of this.

As far as i can see they are/have:

- Threatened the governing body with legal action if they dont do what the sjfa want them to;

- Trying to stop their clubs joining a new league (which is likely to guarantee those that want to leave will);

- Actively putting misinformation out to their membership;

- Acting on their own grounds without having called any formal gathering of their membership;

And my personal favourite.....

Carrying themselves like a petulant group of individuals, who dont like it when their membership doesn't conform to what the room full of elected patrons want them to.

47 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

"Any club intending to resign from a Region must give 12 months notice to that Region and the Scottish Junior FA."
Taken directly from the freely available SJFA Constitution

Just because an organisation has a particular rule it doesn't necessarily follow that the rule is inforcible in practice or, indeed, that any particular rule is Lawful.

It may be inforcible in a circumstance where a club wishes to move from one SJFA Region to another and, therefore, has no choice in the matter.

E5DA5AF5-A48C-43C9-A46A-EA50BDAA0F83.thumb.jpeg.89a3b496f26e8eaef5b360fdcb5f4085.jpeg
So, basically, they're changing the name of the juniors league in the West on the outside of the pyramid?

Given none of the parties they need to agree to change the promotion/relegation rules to join beneath the Lowland League are going to do anything other than laugh at them it achieves the square root of hee haw?

I wonder if they missed the bit last year where the governing body confirmed that those rule changes they need to happen fell outwith their purview so having acknowledged another batshit crazy plan means nothing. And given his the SFA looked taking the juniors word on batshit crazy plan a year ago unlikely to get involved at all.

As an aside, wouldn't it be humorous if the precedent of one West club having left two years ago without any obvious issue bring raised by the SJFA might be the downfall of whatever this crazy legal case might be....

5 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

They've finally got around to doing something that people probably would of been backed a few months ago. Which is the West Region arranging to become the West of Scotland feeder.

Unfortunately it's too late and is clearly still about being tied to the juniors instead of embracing the pyramid.

The WJFA's behaviour is so simultaneously hilarious yet pathetic at this point it surely has to be counter-productive. So much so in fact I do find myself idly wondering if it's some kind of false flag operation. Yes, that's probably far-fetched, Occam's Razor suggests that they're just thicker than pigshit and sublimely self-interested, but it's an intriguing notion. 

On the day's other pressing issue of the affluence or otherwise of Kilwinning, I lived in Whitehirst Park as a kid, which was a step up on Pennyburn, where I'd been previously; but was hardly Barnton. Perhaps I'm being unfair (and I haven't lived there since 1975), but "affluent" isn't the first word that springs to mind when I think of the town.

Edited by Bad Wolf