Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

"Any club intending to resign from a Region must give 12 months notice to that Region and the Scottish Junior FA."
Taken directly from the freely available SJFA Constitution

Thanks for confirming what I said.   No Region or SJFA can prevent a club from resigning membership.

"Any club intending to resign from a Region must give 12 months notice to that Region and the Scottish Junior FA."
They already acted out with their own constitution last year and the year before and have therefore created a precedent, legally speaking.

If you dont enforce it for everyone then you cant enforce it for some, just because you are having a tantrum, then decide to write the tantrum down and publish it to your membership.........[emoji85]

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Would there be anything to stop a club playing their under 19’s for a season while the first team transfers to the WOSL? 

Essentially there wouldn't be anything to stop a club walking into a local pub and signing the eleven biggest and most hungover fifty year old salad dodgers they can find in order to make a complete mockery of the whole thing.

Which is probably why the issue would never be forced when it comes down to it.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Do they have the slightest idea how badly the SFA will receive the threat of a minor and separate league organisation taking them to court? They'll be furious. If the WRSJFA come close to going down this road it's goodbye Scottish Cup place, farewell referees, so long cosy spot at Hampden. They'll be booted into the wilderness.

This statement is Jim Traynor-levels of heids gone and will have all well-run clubs running for the door.

….. and football in each member country of FIFA is controlled by FIFA via each Country's own Football Association - not be a sub-association e.g. Juniors, Amateurs and Welfare. (Apologies to the latter two)

The SJFA exists only at the discretion of the SFA. 

15 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I struggle to see how they can do much about it though, even if you do interpret leaving the Juniors completely as breaching that rule. There's no punishment outlined in the document.

West Region Clubs want to join the Pyramid. West Region SJFA propose all Clubs move over en bloc. Lowland reject the proposal but meanwhile encourage the same Clubs to join WOSFL. 
The changes in the East were very divisive and I hoped that lessons could be learned and all West Clubs would join the Pyramid at the same time.
I am trying to understand the stumbling blocks and why they can't be negotiated and overcome. 
Is it simply that LL want to run the WOSFL without any of the administrators currently running the West Juniors. Do the LL have the manpower to do this? 

That’s not the proposal I it’s entirety-the juniors proposal also included the east juniors joining at tier 6. This was the stumbling block more than the west joining en masse

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If so i’d love if he’d finally tell us who’s been telling lies on here!!! Essential reading for sure.

Don't Kilbirnie have a meeting today with fans to discuss?  I don;t get the impression it will be open and informative!

34 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I imagine one of the first questions that would be asked if they tried taking legal action would be “Why didn’t you take action against the East region clubs when they left?” And at that point the case is fucked.

And the following FOUR clubs :

Inverurie Locos (2002), Turiff Utd (2010),  Formartine Utd (2010), and Strathspey Thistle (2010), who resigned from the North Juniors and joined the Highland League

It becomes FIVE clubs, if you include Cove Rangers, who had one season (1985/86) in the North Junior League, before applying to, and joining the Highland League the following season.  

No action was taken by the SJFA to prevent these 5 clubs from leaving the Juniors, and joining the (senior) HFL. And look where the "pyramid" has taken Cove Rangers since !

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The west juniors join en masse as a feeder league keeping their own cups and not entering the south challenge etc.

Surely the point being made by the Lowland League was that there should have been a western league at Tier 6 by now so it became necessary to take action to extend the Lowland League at Tier 6 (and maybe below that too) in the west so that a Pyramid Division(s) could be in place by next season.

In other words any offer (however, good/bad) coming from the West Juniors was already too late. The breakdown of the PWG as stated by the SFA was that turning point. It was then that it became too late for the West Juniors to come up with anything in this regard.