Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

So now we have a choice to with the new West league or stay with the junior version not that I think think junior version will happen what's the reason to stay in the the junior version. 

Loyalty?

134years history

Erm can't think of anything else.

The new West league well where do you start it ticks all the right boxes on and of the park !

31 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Can supporters submit interest on behalf of their club? Had a look and as far as I can see all I would need is an email address?

The contact details of a committee member need to be provided to George Fraser of the LL as part of the expression of interest, so there is a way for them to verify it's genuine.

tj has invited new applicants for his new league

they include duntocher baillieston glenboig etc to make the numbers up  lol

he is not to happy when he was told old Senior teams are already playing juniors

ie vale of leven arthurlie etc   throw them out he says

but thats what they want says his no2        ok then keep them in

13 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
13 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Trying to be smart doesn't suit you.  Tier 6 in Pyramid but the rest remain Junior, with discipline and fixtures run by WRJFA, yes? player fines?
Where do non-WRJFA clubs go who want access to the Pyramid in the West under your plan?

I have no idea how it will all pan out, unlike you, I am not being fed information. The only thing I see is that a few months ago everyone was desperate for the WRSJFA to come onboard. Now we're being treated like a paedo ring at a school outing.

I was hoping for the WRJFA just to move over to the pyramid as a bloc. When TJ's "all in" approach was rejected last season, that's exactly what was offered and that was turned down. The WRJFA could already have been in the pyramid if that was accepted. However, I was still hoping for that solution right until the WRJFA suggested option Z, an option that had no chance of ever happening, to the membership and it being accepted almost unanimously. After that, I lost any faith for any solution, clearly the LL have as well. It could well be argued that I was quite naive in hoping for a solution with the WRJFA at such a late stage anyway.

The west committee clearly lied to their members when telling that the LL agreed to option Z. That showed they weren't serious about it. And now the LL have to believe the very same people are suddenly serious? 

11 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It looks as though the statement is having the desired effect of just causing confusion.

This from The Talbot board.

auchinleck.jpg

Changed days from when the argument would have been stay in the juniors vs play a bunch of upstart boys clubs.

Deliberately framing the debate in terms of who controls the new WoS league is unlikely to end well for the west region and SJFA blazers.

Firstly, once the facts are made clear about how changes to the LL playoff format work most people will understand they have no chance of success and will see the LL initiative as the only viable way forward.

Secondly, abondoning all in or none in will definitely have a knock on effect in the east and may already be what prompted the mass exodus of the remaining Fife clubs to the EoS for next season.

21 hours ago, Shannon said:

It's made out on social media as a done deal. It's really confusing for normal fans and constantly changing to be honest. You literally can't keep up with developments.

Also why shouldn't there be an 18 team tier 6 if what clubs want with 16 plus Bonnyton and Glasgow University. Why a clamour for conferences when could be 12 team league of Lanark, Talbot, Whitletts and BSC reserves in same league....that isn't going to sit well with lot of Junior clubs.

I can imagine your right Shannon but who really cares if it doesn't sit well, they can just stay in their junior grade if that's what they want and the teams who want to progress join the pyramid.

Personally, I don't think LL or the EOS and the SFA would entertain The Scottish Juniors association plans for many reasons.
The Junior organisation is now laughable and even people who were on the fence will now be thinking stuff the juniors  as the junior association is verging on shambolic, if not already passed shambolic, and why would you allow a shambolic organisation to operate in the seniors.
It really needs a clean sweep, new people at the hell, everyone on an even keel.

People need to remember, any team joining the new WOS in the pyramid is no longer a junior team team. It will be a new chapter in that teams history so they wont be referred to as a junior team anymore.  I believe I was always objective and seeing points on both sides but now I'm genuinely thinking for the health of non league football in Scotland, the Junior organisation should stay where they are and any junior team who wants to remain like Kilbirnie should just stay junior and any junior team who wants to progress or join what they think is a better league then resign from the junior association and  join the WOS, pure simple

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the proposals from LL to help form the WOSL league. And everyone knows it.

However, this latest fanfare is about one thing only. Self preservation

If someone was trying to take a job away from me that I was well paid for and enjoyed, I would probably pull every trick in the book too, to ensure I kept what I had.

Fair play.

It's all a clever delaying tactic that absolutely will slow down the moves towards a WOSL league and things might not happen in time for the new season, which of course means a whole year more of the good life.

Fair play.

Help needed for the uneducated.

West region clubs now have a decision  to make?

1- Apply to a WOSFL run by LL  and may end up in a conference with Bonnyton Glasgow Uni and BSC reserves. etc

Or 2

2- Apply to a WOSFL run by WRJFA and maintain local derbies, and Scottish Junior Cup entry.

Have I understood correctly?

Edited by The Ilford Drummer

1- Apply to a WOSFL run by LL  and may end up in a conference with Bonnyton Glasgow Uni and BSC reserves. etc
Or 2
2- Apply to a WOSFL run by WRJFA and maintain local derbies, and Scottish Junior Cup entry.

1 Apply for WOSFL run by LL and have access to pyramid, licencing and Scottish cup

2 Apply for WOSFL run by WRJFA be told the LL and EOS have vetoed your league at tier 6 as they don’t want any SJFA involvement and wait a year to then apply for the WOSFL run by the LL.

3 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Or 2

1 - There won't be any reserve sides in the new WoSFL, there may however be non-Junior sides

2 - No, the WRJFA won't be in the Pyramid.

4 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Or 2

You might not maintain local derbies and even still you wont Be in the pyramid either dispite what the sjfa are telling you

7 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Or 2

1. Pyramid entry

2. Status Quo with new name

18 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Or 2

number 2 would also mean a deflated junior set up with fewer teams as others have left for pyramid.

11 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Or 2

1. A WoSFL set up by the LL and will have its own office holders once established which would lead to a place on the SFA's Non-Professional Game Board. That will be in the pyramid for 2020-21, access to SFA licensing, access to the Lowland development league, access to the South Region Challegne Cup, rules and discipline in line with the SFA. Deadline for application 31st March 2020. League and cup structure in 2020-21 to be determined.

2. A WoSFL by the WRJFA. Basically the West Premiership under another guise. Local derbies maintained by the Sectional League Cup as league football cannot guarantee that (unless you're the SPL selling TV rights), entry in the Scottish Junior Cup. No known deadline for applications or if even applications will be used. No agreed access to the pyramid, SFA licensing or Lowland development league. Rules and discipline in line with nobody knows.

Basically Option 1 is the pyramid, Option 2 is the SJFA.

The obvious way to resolve this impasse is for the West Junior leaders to meet with the LL reps and negotiate the correct outcome here because ultimately they want the same thing for the clubs.

A new league with rules and constitution would be formed on LL terms, with new posts created from the people coming forward now.

A suitable compromise in terms of the format might be that a Premier League is formed of the top 16 placed teams, and go to conferences below that for a season to determine the new structure below it, allowing for new entrants.

The overall outcome is the same, so long as everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Could this be achieved?

Or 2

So you dont think there would be local derbies with option 1?