Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Yes i understand that  but the Donald Dewar would not pass any requirements what so ever for senior football as it is a public park like rossvale old ground (before the move to new tinto park) was so i would not surprised if they end up ground-sharing at Glenhead until they get something sorted 

As has been stated clubs will be allowed entry to the seniors on the basis that they upgrade their grounds where required - Rosyth are in the same boat in the East.

Edited by Junior Pub League

7 minutes ago, Terry Singh said:

Will the Lowland League offer two promotion place next season now?

Don't think that'll happen until there's straight promotions into the spfl without a play off.but there is ongoing talks with the spfl board and the LL and the Highland League which will resume after this virus thing.

7 minutes ago, archieb said:

That would be premature until there are more licensed clubs at Tier 6 in the WoSL

If the Lowland League decided to make two promotion places available now surely there are enough ambitious clubs in the new league to achieve SFA entry licence standard by February 2021 ?

14 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Yes i understand that  but the Donald Dewar would not pass any requirements what so ever for senior football as it is a public park like rossvale old ground (before the move to new tinto park) was so i would not surprised if they end up ground-sharing at Glenhead until they get something sorted 

If the set-up is OK for the new league (to let UnitedPYM to use it) do you think that there will be an application from Drumchapel Amateurs this time around to join the new league? 

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

They play in the Central Scottish - unless they plan on adding another adult team on top of that?

They have said that it will be an additional team in the new league - said on an earlier post somewhere back in time! 

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They play in the Central Scottish - unless they plan on adding another adult team on top of that?

The current PYM team set up will be the WoSFL side under the name Drumchapel United.  They're considering carrying on the PYM name and their spot in the Central if they can find management for it.

I'm guessing the playing staff will end up being a mix of current side and new players. Just by the nature of some players opting to remain amateur, whether that's under the PYM continuation or another ams.

13 minutes ago, Dev said:

If the Lowland League decided to make two promotion places available now surely there are enough ambitious clubs in the new league to achieve SFA entry licence standard by February 2021 ?

You're going to have conferences and a championship playoff. Looking a good possibility of 4 different conference champions competing in that. Let's just say that's the current top 4 in the West Premiership: Kilwinning Rangers, Pollok, Auchinleck Talbot, and Irvine Meadow XI. 

All four need to throw up floodlights between now and February. Kilwinning still need to set up cover according to NLS. Then there are other aspects to licencing that we don't really talk about that might need quite a bit of work. Dalkeith Thistle were seen as a shoe in to be one of the first licenced having declared for the EoSFL all the way back in January 2018. Over two years later they are still unlicenced.

I don't see the Lowland League rushing to create a second automatic promotion spot when there's no guarantee that it will be filled.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Have the SJFA or TJ said anything about this plan or the NRJFA and ERJFA. I doubt GR and the WRJFA have just gone rogue with the Cup but it’s just strange no one from the SJFA seems to have said anything about the deal between the WRJFA and LL.

With any normal organisation you would have expected a public comment by now but as we saw with the lack of condemnation of the Scott Robertson incident the SJFA are not good at public pronouncements. 

33 minutes ago, archieb said:

That would be premature until there are more licensed clubs at Tier 6 in the WoSL

It wouldn't be remotely premature. There should already have been at least two places before the WoS was set up and now there should be three.

Just considering the SJFA numbers again - if the East loses 8 clubs then the East + North are down to 62, and thus outnumbered by the West. But if Kilwinning and Clydebank leave then the West are down to 61. So how will these proposed changes to the priority of the Junior Cup get passed by the membership if the vote goes along regional lines?

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Ive just seen that in England theyve expunged all results and cancelled the season for tiers 3 and below.  I wonder if that will have a knock on effect in Scotland.

That's tier 3 of their non-league pyramid, not their overall pyramid, btw.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Tweets from Tayport on NLS state that they are in deep trouble with finances hit by the regular car boot sales being stopped.

The statement is pretty dramatic. However their just giving page was looking for only £500 which has already been reached. 

Just now, patriot1 said:

The statement is pretty dramatic. However their just giving page was looking for only £500 which has already been reached. 

Carnoustie Panmure have also got a gofundme up. These aren't the only clubs that will be looking to get what they can having lost the main revenue generators they have. Sure i've seen a few others already.