Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The thread isn't dead, merely resting. I for one am agog as to when TAJ is going to raise his head above the trou, er sorry parapet, and share his vision for the future with an eager nation. 

The future for the north & Tayside is still unknown and no-one knows what happens long-term in West Lothian. There will be enough to discuss, but at the moment it's quiet on the news front...

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

The future for the north & Tayside is still unknown and no-one knows what happens long-term in West Lothian. There will be enough to discuss, but at the moment it's quiet on the news front...

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/18392698.wee-sauchie-gaffer-stuart-mcinnes-looks-forward-bright-future-clacks-club/

"Whenever football does return, the Wee Sauchie will be playing in a new-look Junior game next season. The vast majority of clubs in the West Region have flocked to join the Senior leagues - much like Sauchie Juniors did in 2018 - whilst several in the East Region have also made the switch. 

It means Junior bosses are having to redraw the body's entire framework, with McInnes' side set to enter into a 'superleague' with the likes of Fauldhouse United and Whitburn Juniors. 

He said: "In my opinion, the league we will be in is stronger than both the Conferences in the East of Scotland.

"Football is changing all the time. Will there be a Junior game in three years time? Who am I to say. I don't know.

"But, the cream of the crop has been left and the journey times are also so much more manageable for us. It makes a lot more sense and keeps the costs down for us."

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/18392698.wee-sauchie-gaffer-stuart-mcinnes-looks-forward-bright-future-clacks-club/

"Whenever football does return, the Wee Sauchie will be playing in a new-look Junior game next season. The vast majority of clubs in the West Region have flocked to join the Senior leagues - much like Sauchie Juniors did in 2018 - whilst several in the East Region have also made the switch. 

It means Junior bosses are having to redraw the body's entire framework, with McInnes' side set to enter into a 'superleague' with the likes of Fauldhouse United and Whitburn Juniors. 

He said: "In my opinion, the league we will be in is stronger than both the Conferences in the East of Scotland.

"Football is changing all the time. Will there be a Junior game in three years time? Who am I to say. I don't know.

"But, the cream of the crop has been left and the journey times are also so much more manageable for us. It makes a lot more sense and keeps the costs down for us."

YEah it really isn't stronger than conferences in EOSFL. Tynecastle, lTHV or Dunipace are far better sides than them. Not just that look at Fauldhouse losing most of their players.

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

"We're the cream of the crop and a stronger league"

"Will you still be here in three years?"

"Uh...dunno."

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The vast majority of clubs in the West Region? ALL clubs in the West Region actually. Stronger than the Conferences? Not really... And cream of the crop? Nearly all big ERJFA sides south of the Tay have left, pretty much only Whitburn & Fauldhouse remain and both both have declined, Fauldhouse are now losing players fast. In the East Region Cup next season I'd expect them to quickly bow out once they face the stronger Tayside teams...

Edited by Marten

All aboard the open top buses now then !  Guess these  'champions' won't ever be accepted as such, and  we'll never  know how the season would  have finished.  Let's  hope  clubs can push on without   being ruined financially, how would  the  better West  sides fare  v  Lowland  as I haven't  seen many  Lowland LGE games  ?

2 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Curious why Blantyre and Darvel are sharing. Anyone know the reason for this ?

"Margin of error" it seems - basically Darvel and Blantyre were separated by 0.04 PPG so too close to call compared to the rest of the leagues.

Pos Pos PPG Diff Club P Pts PPG
3 1 2 Auchinleck Talbot 16 41 2.56
1 2 -1 Kilwinning Rangers 25 53 2.12
2 3 -1 Pollok 22 42 1.91

3 1 2 Blantyre Victoria 18 46 2.56
1 2 -1 Darvel 21 53 2.52
2 3 -1 Cumbernauld United 22 47 2.14

3 1 2 Shettleston 19 43 2.26
1 2 -1 Ardrossan Winton R. 22 44 2.00
2 3 -1 Lanark United 23 44 1.91

5 1 4 Johnstone Burgh 14 39 2.79
3 2 1 Muirkirk Juniors 19 42 2.21
6 3 3 Ashfield 17 37 2.18

Wow fine margins by the maths genius, going by the PPG method then I guess they are correct, if that's the way the season would be determined then we have to accept and move on. At least we have an outcome, was always going to be difficult and impossible to please everyone - with so many games and points left to playfor.

How does it work re:bookies in the case of a title being shared by two teams? Also when's the last time (if ever) a title (league or cup) has been shared at this level?

Edited by GNU_Linux