Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, daleboy1969 said:

So junior football is better ? Why move to inferior league if you are ambitious 

EoS is the bottom tier of the seniors.  Can't base a seniors v juniors debate on lowest division in the seniors v highest division in the juniors.

The advantages of the seniors/pyramid have been posted numerous times already so no point in me posting it.

13 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I think the clubs that have applied understand the reality of the situation - maybe they are getting a jump on the west clubs too because I struggle to believe a wos league is going to happen anytime soon and not at tier 6.

The sjfa is going to have to come up with something coherent and quickly but I don’t think there’s a will within the sjfa and as the survey results show there’s significant disagreement. If you take out 16 east teams - 10% of the sjfa memembership - well, that makes 10% less in favour of the pyramid within the sjfa. The sjfa will lose the very clubs it needs to support change.

I agree.  The SJFA are not going to get unanimous agreement from the clubs on the way forward.  You'll have those that are happy with parity with EoS/SoS, you'll have those that want parity with LL or stay put, and you'll have those that just want to stay put end of story. How do you reconcile that into a coherent plan to go the the SFA? answer is you don't.

So the flow to the EoS will continue into season 2019/20, with clubs in the West forming a WoSFL.  There may then be a rump of clubs left who will remain with what is left of the SJFA. That's how I see it panning out.

So junior football is better ? Why move to inferior league if you are ambitious 

If an ambitious amateur club wanted to move to the juniors, they’d have to start at the bottom. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move two steps forward.

ScottishJuniorFitba @JuniorFitbaSC 2m2 minutes ago

Replying to @armadalethistle

So true! We need to fight to keep this grade alive and fight those who really care about it will, it will survive I've no doubt!

ownfield fc @DownfieldFc 8m8 minutes ago

I have no quibble with clubs wanting to better themselves but applying to another association the way forward ?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

So true! We need to fight to keep this grade alive and fight those who really care about it will, it will survive I've no doubt!

I have no quibble with clubs wanting to better themselves but applying to another association the way forward ?

Some still have their heads buried deep in the sand

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A bit of a contradiction from downfield there

5 minutes ago, archieb said:

Some still have their heads buried deep in the sand

Part of it will be that some clubs simply don't grasp the situation, don't fully understand due to years of bad mouthing by the SJFA and the Regions.

ScottishJuniorFitba‏ @JuniorFitbaSC 2m2 minutes ago

ownfield fc‏ @DownfieldFc 8m8 minutes ago

Cringe ????

1 hour ago, daleboy1969 said:

Are you seriously saying eos league is a higher standard than junior super league...

In stature within Scottish Football yes, competing sides this season no. Next season could be a  different ball game with the shift in the East moving towards the LL and EOS league.

5 hours ago, calmac25 said:

I'll be shocked if Bonnyrigg are still in the junior's next year. I think the lack of a definitive statement is much the same as Kelty's was last year, they don't want there to be repercussions in what could still be a very successful season

Exactly.

I don't think we'll be competing for players anytime soon! 
I'm just as excited at the prospect of our (good) U19 side now being able to enter the LL/EoS U20 Development League next season and our second (first year) U19 team filling the gap a year later, and strengthening the player pathway to the Junior Senior side.  Assuming our application is successful of course.

This kind of forward thinking by your club is why Blackburn is coming on leaps and bounds in recent years. Too many clubs only thinking about what it looks like this year or next, while failing to see the bigger picture.

I don't think we'll be competing for players anytime soon! 
I'm just as excited at the prospect of our (good) U19 side now being able to enter the LL/EoS U20 Development League next season and our second (first year) U19 team filling the gap a year later, and strengthening the player pathway to the Junior Senior side.  Assuming our application is successful of course.

This kind of forward thinking by your club is why Blackburn is coming on leaps and bounds in recent years. Too many clubs only thinking about what it looks like this year or next, while failing to see the bigger picture.