Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The game is up in the East, what a load of nonsense there will still be around 45 clubs competing in The East region.Losing teams like Bonnyrigg and Kelty Musselburgh is sad but the rest of the teams moving with illusions of grandeur will not improve the standard in the East of Scotland.

No doubt you are excited by the prospect of some local derbies next season with Bathgate and Whitburn likely to join you.

That’s everything that the Armadale committee want eh? It’s like all your Christmases coming at once. Local games for local people.

22 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The game is up in the East, what a load of nonsense there will still be around 45 clubs competing in The East region.Losing teams like Bonnyrigg and Kelty Musselburgh is sad but the rest of the teams moving with illusions of grandeur will not improve the standard in the East of Scotland.

Why would camelon not yet your claiming a team a division below us will. I think Blackburn will aswell and with the signings Dunipace made already could be a top half club at least

12 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

No doubt you are excited by the prospect of some local derbies next season with Bathgate and Whitburn likely to join you.

...and Linlithgow,  Bo'ness, Pumpherston, Harthill, Stoneyburn etc at tier 7 or 8.

Great for some but not so appealing for others, but that is the reality of what they have signed up to.

Edited by Che Dail

38 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The game is up as far as the SJFA are concerned. Your club voted in favour of the Pyramid in the survey and the SJFA are going into negotiations on Thursday to try and do just that, but in the East I think it will be a case of join the EoS if you want to be in the Pyramid, that is the league that covers this area for senior football.  If rumours are true, that's all East Lothian and Edinburgh clubs gone.

That's why I think the game is up, I could be wrong and I have been before, but I just cant see how two competing leagues can be allowed to exist in the Pyramid covering the same area. Can you?

Edited by Burnie_man

The trouble with SPFL2 is that in a division of 10 clubs you have all the assorted odds and sods up and down the length of the country. Peterhead, Elgin,Berwick, Annan - the outposts of senior football. And you don't have to visit them once, you have to do it twice. And all played out in front of a couple of hundred fans.
Madness.

There are high school sports teams in Texas who travel a state almost 10 times the size of Scotland for matches so lets not pretend we live in some vast state, we live in a very small country so I just dont get the ‘Elgin’ argument.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There are high school sports teams in Texas who travel a state almost 10 times the size of Scotland for matches so lets not pretend we live in some vast state, we live in a very small country so I just dont get the ‘Elgin’ argument.

Do you have a link to their fixtures?

The game is up as far as the SJFA are concerned. Your club voted in favour of the Pyramid in the survey and the SJFA are going into negotiations on Thursday to try and do just that, but in the East I think it will be a case of join the EoS if you want to be in the Pyramid, that is the league that covers this area for senior football.  If rumours are true, that's all East Lothian and Edinburgh clubs gone.
That's why I think the game is up, I could be wrong and I have been before, but I just cant see how two competing leagues can be allowed to exist in the Pyramid covering the same area. Can you?

Yes a Scottish Midland League ( present East junior Super League) West of Scotland League (using new format in West Junior region) East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League all entered to pyramid system at tier 6 promotion to Lowland League to be decided by a playoff formula

That’s everything that the Armadale committee want eh? It’s like all your Christmases coming at once. Local games for local people.

I am sure there will be some enthralling games between the defectors from junior football and the amateur teams in the East of Scotland League

the e.o.s. on thursday will clearly show that the east is covered at level 6.and have the evidence to proof that.teams joining the league. kelty all but a game away from completing the circle.this shows a clear path that worked straight away. the e.o.s. can also show the WEST need a league that can give the same pathway to the west clubs its the logical thing to do.the North is slightly diffrent as another survey should be carried out to find the desire or the needs of these clubs.football is fast changing.

9 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Yes a Scottish Midland League ( present East junior Super League) West of Scotland League (using new format in West Junior region) East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League all entered to pyramid system at tier 6 promotion to Lowland League to be decided by a playoff formula

Scottish Midland League, is someone having a laugh?   The East of Scotland League covers Lothians, Stirlingshire, Fife and Borders. If you are from those areas the EoS is the league you join to gain access to the Pyramid.

9 minutes ago, tombrown said:

the e.o.s. on thursday will clearly show that the east is covered at level 6.and have the evidence to proof that.teams joining the league. kelty all but a game away from completing the circle.this shows a clear path that worked straight away. the e.o.s. can also show the WEST need a league that can give the same pathway to the west clubs its the logical thing to do.the North is slightly diffrent as another survey should be carried out to find the desire or the needs of these clubs.football is fast changing.

It shouldn’t even be a matter up for debate, the EoS covers the area for senior clubs.  The SJFA coming late to the party now appear to be wanting to run a competitor league covering the same area (plus Tayside which is HFL area). That should be the first item thrown in the bin on Thursday to save wasting everyone’s time. 

It would be more constructive to talk about how to integrate the remaining ERJFA clubs from the Lothians and Fife into the EoS, and deal with the Tayside/Perthshire problem.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Scottish Midland League, is someone having a laugh?   The East of Scotland League covers Lothians, Stirlingshire, Fife and Borders. If you are from those areas the EoS is the league you join to gain access to the Pyramid.

Get Scotmid to sponsor it could be the SCOTMID Scottish Midland League lol

6 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Is there not a wee bit of a difference between  a minor bauble competed for by a mix of part-time and effectively amateur teams from a single country vs. major european trophies...?

In terms of putting a star on a shirt? Of course not. 

5 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

They want to stay out of the pyramid so that they can lord it over diddy teams.

Like Clydebank you mean? 

This "highest level" pish is boring btw. If football was just about the highest level none of us would follow our non-league teams.

If you're calling every non-league club in Scotland a "diddy team", which you seem to be doing, you don't belong on this forum.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

Yes Celtic and Aberdeen, they really ought to look up to Auchinleck Talbot. :rolleyes:

When Talbot win a European competition then maybe but in the meantime.........

Try reading.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/392198/inside-sutton-united-club-faced-relegation-national-league/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link-Post&utm_campaign=Dream-Team_VCCP-Paid_Content&utm_term=Football-or-Dream-Team-0&utm_content=sutton-united

• Bizarre situation here sutton could get promoted but if they didn;t remove their 3g pitch they could't get promoted to efl league 2 and would be kicked out the conference national and be relegated to Conference South

3 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

The trouble with SPFL2 is that in a division of 10 clubs you have all the assorted odds and sods up and down the length of the country. Peterhead, Elgin,Berwick, Annan - the outposts of senior football. And you don't have to visit them once, you have to do it twice. And all played out in front of a couple of hundred fans.

Madness.

I remember similar moaning when I was on the Dumbarton supporters bus last Wednesday evening travelling up to Arbroath. Oh wait, no I don't, because we're not a bunch of children that find it utterly ridiculous that a football team playing in a national competition might need to travel the length of the nation. The attendance was 892 as well.

What exactly is it about a few hours travelling to watch your team that you find mad?

Why do people on here always refer to the clubs who have joined the e.o.s as defectors.going to play in a ametuers league, all did their own investigations as to the quality of the teams are have been dissatisfied with the sjfa.and looked to better themselfs weather you agree or not.if your club has chosen to stay junior thats your choice.all the late applicants must have had second thoughts.again their choice.

Do you have a link to their fixtures?

Heres probably a better example. Its currently college baseball season in the states, UCF from Orlando have fixtures all over, West Virginia, Chicago, Texas. These students are all classed as amateur athletes, so it’s not even minor league the equivalent of our non-league where players get paid.

I’ve picked this team because they are a middle ranking school with some success but no where near the resources of bigger schools like UCLA etc. Their closest game is 50 miles away.

So im sorry I just dont buy the argument that Scotland is too big for national leagues at level 3/4 on the pyramid. I’d rather that levels 1-4 were condensed into 3 but that’s another argument.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I remember similar moaning when I was on the Dumbarton supporters bus last Wednesday evening travelling up to Arbroath. Oh wait, no I don't, because we're not a bunch of children that find it utterly ridiculous that a football team playing in a national competition might need to travel the length of the nation. The attendance was 892 as well.

What exactly is it about a few hours travelling to watch your team that you find mad?

And I find it ridiculous that part-time football clubs with average attendances in the hundreds play national level football. I could call people childish for thinking it makes them special or important or relevant or ambitious.

Or people could just maybe stop insulting each other and respect the fact that not everyone likes the same things? You're fine regularly travelling several hours round trip to watch the same teams four times a season for over £20 a match. Great, I hope it works out well for you. Lots of other football supporters don't. Neither is superior. Live and let live, man.