Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Are they being "told to bolt" ? By whom ?

As things stand the SJFA has realigned the Junior East  Region, into 3 divisions for next season (see earlier post), incorporating Tayside, Perthshire, plus the residual Edinburgh, Lothian clubs, who aren't currently seeking to join the EoS Pyramid feeder league, and are remaining junior at present. 

The SFA has a different Highland/Lowland club 'catchment area'  boundary, to the one the SJFA uses.  If these junior clubs don't wish to commit to the way the SFA has drawn the (pyramid) boundary, then :

(1) the SJFA needs to make representations to the SFA, about changing the current SPFL/Highland/Lowland. boundary  (probably unlikely at present)

Or

(2) alternatively the SJFA should realign the junior boundary in accordance with the SFA ruling, and transfer the Tayside and Perthshire clubs from the East to the North Region.

Or

(3) the status quo could be applied, and the SJFA thereby maintaining its East/Tayside/Perthshire boundary and 'realigned' junior league (2018/19), as an ongoing Junior League, outside the SFA's pyramid . 

One for “Juniors4Me”/Larry Duncan if he’s still on this thread, or anyone attached to one of the Tayside clubs - have the Tayside clubs been told officially (by the SJFA or the SFA)  that they would have to go down the Highland League route? If so have they been given any indication about how and when the HL will accept promotion and relegation? Has there been any discussion about a new integrated set up with the North region clubs? 

Alternatively, have they been notified officially by the SJFA, SFA or EoS/LL that they are NOT eligible for the EoS/LL? 

If the answer is NO to the first part and YES to the second then I’d suggest that they’ve effectively been told to bolt. 

Yes it has been discussed and agreed by the EoS at its EGM held on 26th April, for one season only. See the official statement issued by the EGM following its meeting with the clubs. 
Aye, one season - the post I referred to said the EoSL would be running essentially in parallel with the East Junior Super League (or something similar) for a second season of parallel running. That's been suggested here before but I haven't seen any indication - and I don't see why the EoSL would have the inclination - for this happening.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, Robert James said:
Yes it has been discussed and agreed by the EoS at its EGM held on 26th April, for one season only. See the official statement issued by the EGM following its meeting with the clubs. 

Aye, one season - the post I referred to said the EoSL would be running essentially in parallel with the East Junior Super League (or something similar) for a second season of parallel running. That's been suggested here before but I haven't seen any indication - and I don't see why the EoSL would have the inclination - for this happening.

The EOS is not in charge of the SFA even though some posters appear to think it is.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Junior clubs are free to play where they want. Montrose Roselea recently chose to transfer from the East region to the North region.

Not quite true. Each Region has a Constitution which states where they will accept clubs from. When Montrose Roselea moved north the border had to be voted on and changed to allow them in. It now allows Brechin Vics to apply if they wanted to. In saying that I don't think there is any guarantee that an application has to be accepted, for example a team from Wick, Orkney or Shetland could apply but it is up to the Association to accept or not

3 hours ago, tombrown said:

The east of scotland.is not a new league it was formed in 1931.theres new teams joining.been told by them to start they will run 2 comparable leagues with both winners playing a super bowl type game for a champion.doing this keeps both leagues at level 6.

I was not suggesting the eosfl is a new league per say..... I was suggesting that for the teams moving it is a new league (for them) and will allow them to be better placed to attract new  players than they would have been if they had stayed junior. 

58 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

The EOS is not in charge of the SFA even though some posters appear to think it is.

Yep not sure anyone thinks they are, this being said they are wholeheartedly in charge of their own league and association. They decide, in collaboration with the eosfl members, how the league will look. The same will happen if the sjfa decide they want in, after consulting their members on the agreed entry point, which will be decided by the pwg. 

The sjfa hold no aces here, your posts seem to dictate you think they do..... 

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Yep not sure anyone thinks they are, this being said they are wholeheartedly in charge of their own league and association. They decide, in collaboration with the eosfl members, how the league will look. The same will happen if the sjfa decide they want in, after consulting their members on the agreed entry point, which will be decided by the pwg. 

Absolutely right.

If in life you want to join a sports club or association, you have to accept its rules of membership.  The only time an individual can attempt to change the rules, is after they've joined, assuming the individual person or club can get enough of its other existing Members to support the change. Anyone who doubts this statement, should go to an established golf, tennis, cricket  club, etc, and tell them you will join...... providing they change their rules to suit your needs.

Had Montrose FC lost the  Division 2 SPFL Relegation/Promotion Play-off against Brora Rangers in 2014/15, they would have been relegated to the Highland League, in accordance with the SFA's rules/boundary for the pyramid.  

20 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Some people seem to think sjfa are a big fish because it' been around a long time and probably was up until last year. But the big iam or the big I was isn't going to wash.

It' like all the people thinking their junior clubs is going to overtake everyone because it' us

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Correction, the SFA is in charge of the pyramid, not the SJFA.

The EoS controls its own rules though.

Edited by Robert James

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Junior football is shambolic so it’s hardly surprising that fans of senior clubs dip into this forum for a good laugh!

Who will win the West Superleague? When are the final fixtures? 

Its an absolute joke that clubs don’t know when it will be decided! 

So that subjective opinion gives you the right to mock a club, who won the Junior Cup 11 times, for paying homage to that on their shirt? Your club helped make an occasion of the final they got to, it never looked like they thought the cup as a joke!

31 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Correction, the SFA is in charge of the pyramid, not the SJFA.

The EoS controls its own rules though.

To cut to the point, the SFA will not impose a solution on the EoSFL, they will leave it upto  them as to how they decide to integrate remaining Junior clubs, it will be their decision through negotiation at the PWG and then in consultation with their members.  That's if integration is agreed in the first place.

Alternatively, if there is an attempt to get the ERJFA into the Pyramid in competition to the EoSFL, the latter will likely object strongly, and no doubt the LL will also raise concerns about two feeders in the same area (plus the presence of Tayside clubs which is HFL territory).

I suspect the SJFA will also try and chance their arm at getting some form of Superdooper league alongside the LL at tier 5, I doubt that will be entertained.

The first PWG meeting on the matter is today I believe so maybe further info will come out over the next few days.

56 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

So that subjective opinion gives you the right to mock a club, who won the Junior Cup 11 times, for paying homage to that on their shirt? Your club helped make an occasion of the final they got to, it never looked like they thought the cup as a joke!

The problem isn’t that you won it it’s the fact that you want to keep repeating it rather than move on and try challenging yourselves at a higher level.Hanging around hoovering up diddy cups impresses nobody!

The Scottish Cup certainly isnt a diddy cup. Its the one that 160 teams in the Juniors would love to win.

Its pretty obvious that Talbot fans wouldnt want to move from the Juniors having won the Cup a record 11 times as that feat will diminish over time if the Juniors are integrated into the Pyramid and the Cup is replaced by another national cup competition. If it was my team I would feel the same.

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

The SFA should be showing leadership, by setting our their vision to the PWG to fine tune - the whole situation has went on to long since the LL started and needs someone to drive it forwards.  

Yes, there hasn't been much Working being done by the PWG. At the very least they should have addressed the issue of relegation and promotion from and to the HL.

9 minutes ago, bendan said:

Yes, there hasn't been much Working being done by the PWG. At the very least they should have addressed the issue of relegation and promotion from and to the HL.

Complete lack of bottle from start to finish by SFA. Original plan was a "Division 4" North and South of 10 clubs each. Highland refused to be a part of this. Highland then have put forward the notion of what I believe they term a progressive pyramid system, which I think meant they were as low as it would go. Most of their clubs don't even want up either. Classic case of having their cake and eating it. I caught a little of the Secret Life of 5 year Olds this week - comes to mind this is how some of these committees and think tanks function. Completely self-centred and with no forward plan.

Edited by cmontheloknow

14 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Possible influence - Yes.

However the suggestion also carries merit,  Linlithgow since obtaining the licence have continued to adhere to every request placed upon them by the SFA.  They have self-funded new floodlights -  far beyond their current requirements within the SJFA along with numerous other  improvements (I don't believe the disabled toilets cost £150k..!!).

Our only crime is putting faith in the SJFA to deliver a proper pathway from our current position. 

The SFA should be showing leadership, by setting our their vision to the PWG to fine tune - the whole situation has went on to long since the LL started and needs someone to drive it forwards.  

The HFL, LL, EoS, SoS and SJFA actually ARE the SFA!  Two sit on the Professional Game Board, and three sit on the Non-Professional Game Board, both Boards have reps on the SFA Board and all sit on the PWG.

So when you say the SFA should show leadership and vision, “they” are doing just that by having Board members working on a solution via their own PWG, or are you suggesting the interim CEO or the new CEO should have imposed their own will despite not having a full understanding of the issues? It doesn’t work like that, no FA works like that.