Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can one of the mods start a WOSL sub forum in the senior section?

Best wait until after the PWG meeting this afternoon!   it wouldn't surprise me if there was an attempt to delay (or kybosh it) in some way at the behest of the SJFA, although that wouldn't be a good look for the SFA if they allowed that.

Hopefully the nod is given and we can look forward to a senior league in the West for next season.

53 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Spoke to a guy at my work who is involved with Fauldhouse.

He is up for the move to the EoS but is having bother persuading the older members of the benefits in moving.

Nothing happening on the Fauldhouse front as far as he is concerned for now.

To be honest that is just the normal at nearly every junior football team and I don't blame the older members and fans not wanting change, trying to replicate what the junior football used to be all about and made them feel but times move on and changes happen but whoever wants to go to the EOS then I really hope they go and the ones who don't see it as a good move then just stay where they are.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

38 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Best wait until after the PWG meeting this afternoon!   it wouldn't surprise me if there was an attempt to delay (or kybosh it) in some way at the behest of the SJFA, although that wouldn't be a good look for the SFA if they allowed that.

Hopefully the nod is given and we can look forward to a senior league in the West for next season.

What time is the meeting today ? And are you expecting to get feedback ? I don't think the PWG meeting minutes get published, do they ?

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

What time is the meeting today ? And are you expecting to get feedback ? I don't think the PWG meeting minutes get published, do they ?

All I know is that it is afternoon.  I don't think minutes are formally taken by the SFA, far less published.

If I hear anything that I can share, I will.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You know that already Robert!  The 3 senior leagues (below the Tay), the SJFA and the SFA.

I do ???  (asks Uncle Bob)

So the Highland League don't attend these these meetings, which  means there can't be any discussions/recommendations  about moving the boundary, etc ?  (Robert)

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I do ???  (asks Uncle Bob)

So the Highland League don't attend these these meetings, which  means there can't be any discussions/recommendations  about moving the boundary, etc ?  (Robert)

Moving the boundary has nothing to do with the PWG (although feedback was requested).  It would probably be the Professional Game Board which decides (which includes the HL and LL)

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

All I know is that it is afternoon.  I don't think minutes are formally taken by the SFA, far less published.

If I hear anything that I can share, I will.

Great to have you in the know it’s vital for us atm knowing as soon as possible what’s happening.

so tonight - option z as expected is rejected. What next how long till the wosl is put forward if at all?

Great to have you in the know it’s vital for us atm knowing as soon as possible what’s happening.
so tonight - option z as expected is rejected. What next how long till the wosl is put forward if at all?
I don't know anymore that what I have already posted. I guess we'll find out more after todays meeting, and if I find anything out I'll share what I can.

amazing irony that there’s still east junior teams ready to jump ship yet the west still helped put forward option z to back the region[emoji23]

Amazed that the WRSJFA clubs are blindly following the SJFA commandment of Option Z. Sticking with is going to backfire on them big time. Staying loyal to the ERSJFA whilst they have sat back and watched as clubs left and others are set to follow will ultimately lead to the end of Junior football. The WRSJFA have 2 choices now. Leave and form the WOSL with all clubs going in under a breakaway banner or get in under Option W.
The WRSJFA clubs need to do whatever is best for them and not what's best for others.

8 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Amazed that the WRSJFA clubs are blindly following the SJFA commandment of Option Z. Sticking with is going to backfire on them big time. Staying loyal to the ERSJFA whilst they have sat back and watched as clubs left and others are set to follow will ultimately lead to the end of Junior football. The WRSJFA have 2 choices now. Leave and form the WOSL with all clubs going in under a breakaway banner or get in under Option W.
The WRSJFA clubs need to do whatever is best for them and not what's best for others.

This has been the contention on here by many who have felt that the SJFA have way, way overplayed their hand in all of this. There has been an open door for the WRSJFA to walk through - despite what some have incorrectly tried to infer - on route to their entire structure becoming a west feeder to the LL. However, their continuing procrastination, aided and abetted by the SJFA, now seems likely to result in little more than that door being summarily closed. This, of course, means that the WRSJFA are no longer welcome, only their clubs are and only by application to an about to be formed WoSFL - if the latest information to hand is indeed correct.

So, as you say, it really is high time for the WRSJFA clubs to do what is best for them. For many ambitious clubs this has got to be registering their interest in a WoSFL. For those ambitious clubs in the ERSJFA that are south of the Tay the answer is, and has been for the last two seasons, a move along the now well trodden path to the EoSFL.

13 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

There is still no need for WOSL, there's a ready made feeder system ready to bolt on to the Pyramid. It just needs some people to remove the blinkers and recognize that, and if they want to safeguard what's left of the SJFA they need to let it happen.

The thing is though, if the new information about the LL being all set to propose a WoSFL is accurate then it's too late for the bolt onto the Pyramid fix that has been available up until now. The continual muddying of the waters by SJFA and WRSJFA officials and their apologists on here has ensured that LL, EoSFL and SoSFL patience has finally snapped and they no longer want anything to do with any of the options offered up. The EoSFL compromised greatly in the way they accepted ERSJFA clubs in each of the last two years and the EoSFL, SoSFL and LL were willing to compromise at the end of last season by rejigging the Tier 5/6 play-off to accommodate the WRSJFA this season. The SJFA/WRSJFA have show absolutely no signs of being similarly willing to compromise in any way, hence it is all too late for them.

A new, ready to go WoSFL could now be the one and only way into the Pyramid for WRSJFA clubs and should that be all but confirmed after this afternoon's PWG then now is the time to grasp that opportunity.

1 minute ago, 12 Angry Men said:

The thing is though, if the new information about the LL being all set to propose a WoSFL is accurate then it's too late for the bolt onto the Pyramid fix that has been available up until now. The continual muddying of the waters by SJFA and WRSJFA officials and their apologists on here has ensured that LL, EoSFL and SoSFL patience has finally snapped and they no longer want anything to do with any of the options offered up. The EoSFL compromised greatly in the way they accepted ERSJFA clubs in each of the last two years and the EoSFL, SoSFL and LL were willing to compromise at the end of last season by rejigging the Tier 5/6 play-off to accommodate the WRSJFA this season. The SJFA/WRSJFA have show absolutely no signs of being similarly willing to compromise in any way, hence it is all too late for them.

A new, ready to go WoSFL could now be the one and only way into the Pyramid for WRSJFA clubs and should that be all but confirmed after this afternoon's PWG then now is the time to grasp that opportunity.

Yes, in my personal opinion the WRSJFA looked a gift horse in the mouth, and now it could lead to the break-up of the Region when it could have kept it intact.

Time will tell.

I'd say the stable door has been closed but the horse is a mile down the road, in the dark, in the fog, you have no torch to see where it is and the horse doesn't want to be found, it's already looking for a different stable to stay in.

There is still no need for WOSL, there's a ready made feeder system ready to bolt on to the Pyramid. It just needs some people to remove the blinkers and recognize that, and if they want to safeguard what's left of the SJFA they need to let it happen.