*** ****** v **********

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A new suspension list was emailed out to all clubs yesterday. Issue 1 of new season, not issue 44 of last season. I have no idea why its different but just checked it and Ross Docherty's name is not on it. Presumably his inclusion last year was an error.

He got booked twice in the cup last year - maybe one was annulled? He obviosuly appeared in a lot of editions of the suspension list in 2016-17 to have made it to the final one!

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don't think the 3-0 to Killie can apply here as it disadvantages other teams in the group surely?

Good call. No idea how it would work, not Killie's fault if Ayr played a suspended player.

Well done A*r you were the better team on the night.

Jig needs to pull his finger out and get some strikers in as we'd have more mobility playing Jabba upfront than Boyd. He also needs to get his substitutions sorted as he effectively took out our central midfield (though in fairness they were mainly watching the ball sail over their heads when someone punted it up the park).

Taylor being dropped is also a poor decision (though Watters was ok).

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

He got booked twice in the cup last year - maybe one was annulled? He obviosuly appeared in a lot of editions of the suspension list in 2016-17 to have made it to the final one!

He never played in their final match, against Aberdeen (10/8/16) if that clears anything up? Sounds like he maybe served his suspension then (do you really get a suspension for two yellows?) if anything.

A new suspension list was emailed out to all clubs yesterday. Issue 1 of new season, not issue 44 of last season. I have no idea why its different but just checked it and Ross Docherty's name is not on it. Presumably his inclusion last year was an error.

Well Rangers did have players improperly registered for 10 years without any retribution, so an SFA f**k up wouldn't surprise me.

His name was only on the suspended list since August 2016.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Excellent. On the ball as always SD. :thumsup2

Nae luck Killie

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He never played in their final match, against Aberdeen (10/8/16) if that clears anything up? Sounds like he maybe served his suspension then (do you really get a suspension for two yellows?) if anything.

That sounds like it is the explanation. Would be horrible for Ayr to lose this in such circumstances.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Just been and checked. He was booked twice in four group games last season but Ayr got through and he served his suspension against Aberdeen in the last 16 match which Ayr lost. He isnt suspended. There is no issue here.

Well played sir!

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Just been and checked. He was booked twice in four group games last season but Ayr got through and he served his suspension against Aberdeen in the last 16 match which Ayr lost. He isnt suspended. There is no issue here.

Good to hear but you might have thought Ayr would have raised this earlier as he had appeared in every edition of the 'current suspensions' document from July through to May!

Good digging and seems case close. The only issue is the SFA keeping him on their suspended list for an entire season when he wasn't. What chance do we have.

In terms of the game lots to pleased about.

Rose had Boyd in his pocket first half then Adams had him second half.

McDaid looks a very good prospect and could be the flair player we've lacked for awhile.

Hart looked solid and much more vocal than Fleming ever did.

Geggan and Moff looked like they'd never left.

Archived