*** ****** v **********

Went along to this as a neutral with my Kilmarnock supporting girlfriend. 

Killie were terrible from the first minute to the last. Players didn't seem to realise after 10 attempts that the long ball to Boyd just doesn't work. Don't get the hype about Jones. He's got a bit of pace and can get past a player but didn't put one decent ball into the box tonight. Also thought he was lucky to stay on the park after a blatant elbow in Geggan's face. 

Thought Ayr played really well and were far better than anytime I saw them in the Championship last season. Wouldn't be surprised if they won League 1. 

Absolutely delicious seethe from the Killie fans all around me when Geggan gave a big GIRUY to them after the goal :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have been numerous instances of suspended or ineligible players playing (mostly involving Falkirk) where the penalty has npt been a "3-0" walkover.
Example, John Clark (ex-DU), scores the winner in a 1-0 v St Mirren at Brockville. SFA decision? Replay (for which Falkirk charged admission)
Mark Kerr scores 2 goals away to Ayr whilst suspended to earn a draw for the Bairns. SFA decision? £2000 fine.
Jamie McQuilken plays whilst suspended away to Kilmarnock. SFA decision?  Fine but suspended because the Bairns are skint.

I think the point I was making was less to do with application of this rule and more to do with Brockville days of being denied promotion for several years for varying reasons.

But I would like to point out that it was only last season in this competition that our Premier league opponents were awarded 3 penalties for shirt pulling. Whist I am not debating the incidents we have not seen the rule applied so severely since. Feel like we were treated as gunea pigs on that one....hence my point about making it up as we go along.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the point I was making was less to do with application of this rule and more to do with Brockville days of being denied promotion for several years for varying reasons.

You were only denied promotion once.

You were denied the chance of a playoff twice which is, of course, not the same.

Went along to this as a neutral with my Kilmarnock supporting girlfriend. 
Killie were terrible from the first minute to the last. Players didn't seem to realise after 10 attempts that the long ball to Boyd just doesn't work. Don't get the hype about Jones. He's got a bit of pace and can get past a player but didn't put one decent ball into the box tonight. Also thought he was lucky to stay on the park after a blatant elbow in Geggan's face. 
Thought Ayr played really well and were far better than anytime I saw them in the Championship last season. Wouldn't be surprised if they won League 1. 
Absolutely delicious seethe from the Killie fans all around me when Geggan gave a big GIRUY to them after the goal :lol:

Hope your girlfriends not reading this. [emoji16]

If Robbie Crawford had scored after his mazey run I think I would have stopped watching football all together, nothing would have topped that

Was a bit of a mini Maradona moment that one. Should have scored though.

McCall's slate wiped clean.

I want a pair of big Jamie's shorts as he had room for the michelin man and a few others tonight.

It's great to watch an Ayr side that look dangerous from cross balls, I've missed that for a wee while.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Was a bit of a mini Maradona moment that one. Should have scored though.

The boy should be doing those runs 2 or 3 times a game.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

I see Kevin Nicoll is on the list - hope Clyde have noticed he's carrying an ancient ban (assuming it's correct...).

Reported in our match preview :(

Hopefully a better chance of a good crowd for our trip to Somerset a week on Tuesday. I fear we're going to get hammered at Killie though.

Genuinely couldn't believe just how bad Killie were in that first half. Long ball after long ball to Boyd who didn't even win all that much.

No failures for us. All the centre half's were excellent - Adams back to being a beast.

McDaid was fantastic and my MOM. Moffat's link up play was great too.

Well played Ayr, I have no excuses, we were simply outplayed for 90 mins by a team who were hungrier and wanted it more, you should skoosh League 1 if you play like that regularly.

Archived